music file transfer on 360?

kaptinmorgan

CAGiversary!
so i wasn't sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but i was curious about something, my question is, is there any way to copy music to another storage device off of the 360, and if so, can it be done through the usb jacks, like for instance with this device, http://www.supermediastore.com/pqi-micro-sd-transflash-memory-card-2gb-s721-reader-blue.html
onto an SD or micro sd card, i only have limited computer access, and the piece of crap i have at home is old and has no usb, nor any music burned on it because i thind it would explode. i am getting a new cell phone which will likely double as a music player so i just wanted to get learnedified about this, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I dont think so, if it doesnt do it with the Zune (which is supported by the 360) then i doubt it if at all, you can try plugging it in as a USB Drive ...at least if that link is showing some sort of USB thumb drive than maybe you can play it off of that, But transfer?...No i dont think it supports that.

shitty deal, lookin for a quicker loop hole to get all of my purchased music onto an sd card, maybe just do it at work.

Well, I have a dumb question. How in the hell do you get music ON to the 360? I can stream it from the computer and play it from the USB drive. But I want to copy music (and pictures) to my 360 since I have the 120GB HD - don't always want to go to the external source. I've only spent 10 minutes or so trying to do it but I bought a USB drive just for that and I couldn't see how to transfer anything. Is it possible there is no way to do this??

i always thought the only way to get music on to the hard drive is to rip it from a CD like the original xbox. my pc is always on so i usually just stream it myself.

[quote name='io']Well, I have a dumb question. How in the hell do you get music ON to the 360? I can stream it from the computer and play it from the USB drive. But I want to copy music (and pictures) to my 360 since I have the 120GB HD - don't always want to go to the external source. I've only spent 10 minutes or so trying to do it but I bought a USB drive just for that and I couldn't see how to transfer anything. Is it possible there is no way to do this??[/quote]

ive got about 3 gigs of music on my 360, Ive got the original hard drive

But all i used were CD's, just like the original Xbox, it burns your CD's onto its hardrive, just make sure its online so it could collect the Album Info.

Otherwise the 360 doesnt have a file transfer program, just for now its streaming and CD burning. Kind of a Cop-out really.

Maybe you can look online for a hack or something, but ive been fiddling around with this machine since i got it and i dont see it....Good luck.

[quote name='io']Well, I have a dumb question. How in the hell do you get music ON to the 360? I can stream it from the computer and play it from the USB drive. But I want to copy music (and pictures) to my 360 since I have the 120GB HD - don't always want to go to the external source. I've only spent 10 minutes or so trying to do it but I bought a USB drive just for that and I couldn't see how to transfer anything. Is it possible there is no way to do this??[/quote]

If you burn them on a CD, it can rip it to the drive.

[quote name='Scorch']If you burn them on a CD, it can rip it to the drive.[/QUOTE]
I use a CD-RW for any music I want ripped that I don't have a hard copy of. I used this method with my Xbox, because it couldn't read CD-R's, but CD-RW's were no problem. I just couldn't go past the 74 minute mark, or it would error. Don't know if the 360 is the same; haven't tried anything more than 74 minutes on it.

It can read mp3's off of a DVD or CD, but it can't copy them to its HDD.

[quote name='triforcer']have you guys tried using DVDs or mp3 CDs?[/QUOTE]

I've already tried MP3 cd's and DVD's with music on it.. they'll come up as a "mixed media disc" and can be played on the 360, you just have no way of ripping the music onto the 360's hard drive.

burned cds on plain ol' CDRs work fine as well, my uncle burned me a lot of crap that rips right on to it.dont know about mp3 discs though. need a good computer damnit, would make it all so much easier.

bread's done
Back