music world closing - 40% off all games, 30% off all dvds/cds (instore)

zorzorzor

CAG Veteran
im not sure if this is chain wide, but my two stores in Windsor, Ont are apparently closing and have:

30% off all dvds and cds
40% off all video games

Since nobody really goes to music world, the selection is awesome. Just picked up Orange box, Gears of War and Bioshock for 35 bucks a pop.

[quote name='Hoonose']Least useful website EVER:
http://www.musicworld.ca/

I'm not sure if there's one near me (Hamilton, ON)[/quote]

haha I know, I went to the site too. I was hoping there was one near me as I've never even heard of this place.

I've heard the news of them going out of business, but I don't know if there's even one around me as I've never seen it.

There is at least 1 in the Greater Vancouver Area, but I didn't see any Video Games there. One of the employees told me the company got bought out and the new owners are turning it into online only sales. Although, thair website made me laugh just now.

this sale thing are they having it on all Music World? Cause I go past Brentwood Town Centre everytime I go to school and get off school. There's a Music World there.

[quote name='Hoonose']Least useful website EVER:
http://www.musicworld.ca/

I'm not sure if there's one near me (Hamilton, ON)[/quote]

There is one in Eastgate Square in the east end. Damn I was just there today but I didn't see any signs for % off games.

Anyone know where there's a Music World in Ottawa other than in the Merivale Mall (which I believe does not sell games to begin with)? I have some birthday money to spend, may as well grab a game or two.

lol i think every mall in hamilton has it i know, eastgate and limeridge do, i dont go to centre mall or jackson often (weird people there) but last time i was tere they both had it also and mapleview mall has one too if you venture out to burlington... i really am suprised you guys havent been to these stores.

the prices werent great but better than sunrise record most of the time, but maybe just the genre of music im into...

[quote name='Kekumba']Anyone know where there's a Music World in Ottawa other than in the Merivale Mall (which I believe does not sell games to begin with)? I have some birthday money to spend, may as well grab a game or two.[/quote]

Place D'Orleans, St Laurent, Billings Bridge, Carlingwood, Rideau Centre, are clean out of next gen games, just a few oldies for Xbox/PS2 left.

Sunrise just sucks IMO. I'm not buying a discount card. Me shopping there exclusively for the deal should be reason enough. Now I just go where ever is cheapest.

[quote name='mabba18']Place D'Orleans, St Laurent, Billings Bridge, Carlingwood, Rideau Centre, are clean out of next gen games, just a few oldies for Xbox/PS2 left.[/quote]

Alright, well I can scrap going out for this sale. :cry:

[quote name='Skardee']So uh... if you guys like music pick up Vanessa Carlton's new CD Heroes & Thieves... >_>[/quote]
Assuming your serious, I agree 100%. My favourite album of the year.

[quote name='Skardee']So uh... if you guys like music pick up Vanessa Carlton's new CD Heroes & Thieves... >_>[/QUOTE]

zomg I love Vanessa Carlton. I didn't even know she had a new album out.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Assuming your serious, I agree 100%. My favourite album of the year.[/quote]

Haha yes, I am quite serious. I picked it up earlier this week and am really loving it. I just usually get weird responses about it when I speak my enthuiasm about her lol. Not that it matters!

could some people list some of the price they have for some games. Any Xbox 360 or PS3 games on sale? My dad just ordered 2 PS3s for Christmas.

I went to the one in Limeridge mall (fellow Hamiltonian here). The snow storm was brutal, but man I wanted Ninja Gaiden Sigma for PS3, and I got it haha, came to $45 taxes in, pretty decent. Also had to do some other shopping so no biggie. There are alot of PS2 titles for cheap, and there was Halo 3 and Bioshock, as well as some other decent games for 360. No good ps3 games left, unless you consider folklore and the darkness good. Thanks very much OP!
Best of luck folks.
:D

west Edmonton Mall was cleaned out minus last year sports titles. I got to kingsway right before close and Got Orange box and shadowrun. They still had Madden08, simpsons game, crackdown all for 360. They're selection for everything minus the DS was still pretty good. I might go back and get some more stuff to use as xmas gifts.

I was in the Guelph Ontario store in Stone Road Mall yesterday, they had quite a few ps2 and xbox games, and a few xbox 360 titles (Halo 3, Dead Rising, Simpsons, Naruto, EA sports titles).

Saw Ace Combat 6 at Music World in Vaughan Mills Mall yesterday. All games are now 50% off.

They had a few other current-gen games, but the only thing I picked up was the Woody Woodpecker DVD Collection for $43.99 - 40%.

well the one I went to today was still 40% off everything, they didnt have the everything for 5/15$ thing. I grabbed about 100$ worth of stuff tho.

Any Music Worlds I have been to have only had a bunch of old games that they were probably selling for more than 40% more than they should have been anyway so I don't think I will bother going to check things out. :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back