Must have 360 games???

Dead Rising
Crackdown

Both should be reallllly cheap now (especially with GameStop 25% off coupon).

Edit: Also Condemned 1

[quote name='Bretters']Dead Rising
Crackdown

Both should be reallllly cheap now (especially with GameStop 25% off coupon).

Edit: Also Condemned 1[/quote]

Yeah, those two have been recommended a lot by cags.

Hmm,

CoD4, of course.
Lost Odyssey was great if you like RPGs
Oblivion if you haven't played it elsewhere
DMC4 is pretty fun, although not a must-have

And Rock Band kicks everything's ass. It's amazing.

Orange Box (if you don't have a PC with it already)
Virtual fighter 5 (if you like fighters, ps3 version has no online)
variety of arcade games depending on what you like
and everything else already said

Gears
Halo 3
Crackdown (its cheap now)
Bioshock
Orange Box

I assume you have COD 4 on PS3, and if not, I guess you could get it, but it definitely is not as good as others make it to be.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I just got a 360, have had a ps3 for a while. I recently just bought GOW and Mass Effect, and of course GTA IV when it comes out. Are there any other exclusives that are must gets for the 360. The list I got now includes...

Mass Effect
GOW
Bioshock
Halo 3 - maybe
Saint's Row - maybe

Or recommend a 360 game that is now a must buy due to price drop/deal.[/quote]

I guess you couldn't wait for GoW2:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4189002&postcount=9

:lol:

Well, welcome to the fold (and you have everything listed that I was gonna recommend anyway).

Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Crackdown
Burnout Paradise
Pac-Man Championship Edition
Geometry Wars
Bioshock
Orange Box

- Gears of War
- Call of Duty 4
- BioShock
- Mass Effect
- The Darkness
- Halo 3
- The ElderScrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Orange Box

Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Kameo (by far a must have since its so cheap and...really fun)

Notable mentions go to CoD4...I just dont consider it a MUST have. (The online is fun but gets old much faster than Halo 3...so it'll last you awhile longer)
EDIT: I'll have to agree on Carcassone as well...its the only XBLA game that I've actually liked and felt it was worth buying. (Even though I got it during that free period...)

Well, I'd certainly recommend:

- Call of Duty 4
-- A solid first-person shooter, its online multiplayer is incredible, and gives it an extended replay value.

- Orange Box
-- For the price of one 360 game, you get a collection of games. Portal is incredible and yummy.

- Mass Effect
-- Be prepared to stop playing everything else you're playing - as it's addictive. And sexy, too.

- BioShock
-- It is probably the most creative, intelligent game on the 360 thus far.

- Carcassonne
-- Yeah, I said it. If you love board games adapted to arcade games, you'll easily love this game.

Solid games that are less than priority:

- Halo 3
-- I gave away my copy, as I felt it was a weak FPS, but if you liked the first two, you'll probably like this final title.

- Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
-- I felt its single-player campaign mode was solid, but its multiplayer left a lot to be desired. I didn't like the online matchmaking, and could rarely find the games I wanted.

Halo 3
Gears of War
Mass Effect - one of the best games EVER
Lost Odyssey
Bioshock
COD4
Sneak King - Yeah, I said it. I dare you to find a creepier game!

[quote name='Maklershed']I guess you couldn't wait for GoW2:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4189002&postcount=9

:lol:

Well, welcome to the fold (and you have everything listed that I was gonna recommend anyway).[/QUOTE]

I honestly would have waited, if I hadn't gotten this deal on mine. I just couldn't pass up on the deal.

I think I am good on games until after GTA IV, then maybe Bioshock and some more bargain bin games.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm getting a strange feeling of deja vu. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179918]

Pretty much any of the recommendations from either thread are worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I just wanted to know what games were worth the cash this time. This thread I got aaa titles suggested and the last was mostly Crackdown and Saint's Row.

[quote name='mickeyp']what is wrong with it?[/quote]

you have to go to the bathroom or the safe area to save...there are no checkpoints....you basically get into the game....do shit for about an hour forgetting about saving and then die.....now you get to do all that shit again!

cod4 is a must condemned if you like scary games the pick up the sequal.another good one is perfect dark zero its kinda cartoonish but its alot of fun.the last one i can think of right now is a game called time pilot its an xbla game but its an arcade shooter.

Oh ya and btw if you have a good pc and plan on getting CoD4...definitely get it for the PC over the 360. CoD2/4 are good for the 360, but playing them on the PC makes them 10x more fun and last 20x longer...for me. Well at least for multiplayer. Single Player I actually prefer the 360 way more, but for multi the pc is so much better.

[quote name='Brak']- Gears of War
- Call of Duty 4
- BioShock
- Mass Effect
- The Darkness
- Halo 3
- The ElderScrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Orange Box[/QUOTE]

What he said...

I would also add Condemned (second is awesome also, but not as good), and Lost Odyssey if you like RPGs.

[quote name='Malik112099']you have to go to the bathroom or the safe area to save...there are no checkpoints....you basically get into the game....do shit for about an hour forgetting about saving and then die.....now you get to do all that shit again![/quote]

........ and? It's your fault if you forget to save, or if you don't conserve your health / items to make it to a save point.

Don't listen to this poster, Dead Rising is one of the best X360 games around, REGARDLESS of the save system, which is not bad at all to begin with - defiantly a must-buy.

I'd also suggest Crackdown as a must-have, and I'm sure there are plenty of others I could say, but pretty much everyone else has said them already.

eh, dead rising isnt imo one of the best games on the 360. the save system isnt bad, its just very different than what were used to. its fun but not one of the 5 best i dont think its in the top 15-20.

crackdown is great though, especially at the price it can be had now.

I just picked up Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga, and that is pretty much awesome. Besides that Bioshock, which I am sure people have already mentioned. I enjoy more of the XBLA games.

I must put a word in for Crackdown since HighlightShow just mentioned it. My friend convinced me to get it and I agreed since I was able to get it for $14 at GameStop. Really fun co-op play. Crackdown hasn't got a lot of support for it since most people thought of it as "that game that came with the Halo 3 Beta", but I've found that it's a very good game in its own right. With it being so cheap now, even without the coupons from GS, it's a good deal.

Halo 3 - amazing multiplayer and 4 player co-op is a real unique experience.
Orange Box - Portal + Half Life 2, can't go wrong. (Get for PC if your PC has a graphics card)
Call of Duty 4 - amazing single player
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Do I really need to say anything?
Burnout Revenge - If you have never played Burnout, get this amazing and probably now cheap game.
Bioshock - Never played it but I hear good things.

Gears of War
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Rock Band
Crackdown
Bioshock
Guitar Hero II or III
Mass Effect
GTA IV (I'm assuming)

All pretty much must-haves.

Halo 3
Bioshock
GTA IV
Devil May Cry 4
Mass Effect
Dead Rising
Condemned 1 & 2
Crackdown
Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 & 2

Are most of the games to must have

Action/Adv - Assassins Creed, DMC 4, Dead Rising, Condemned 1 & 2

Fighting - DOA 4, VF5 Online

FPS - Orange Box, COD4, Bioshock, GOW, RB6V 1& 2

Racing - Forza 2, PGR 3

RPG (J)
- Eternal Sonata, Lost Oddessy

RPG
(Western) - Mass Effect, Oblivion

Sandbox
- GTA IV, Bully, Crackdown, Saints Row

Strategy
- Universe at War, LoTR:BFME II

Misc
- Guitar Hero 2 & 3, Culdcept Saga, Viva Pinata

XBLA
- Castlevania SOTN, Puzzle Quest

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']........ and? It's your fault if you forget to save, or if you don't conserve your health / items to make it to a save point.

Don't listen to this poster, Dead Rising is one of the best X360 games around, REGARDLESS of the save system, which is not bad at all to begin with - defiantly a must-buy.

I'd also suggest Crackdown as a must-have, and I'm sure there are plenty of others I could say, but pretty much everyone else has said them already.[/quote]

No, the save system is horrid. It's still a good game in spite of that, though.

The save system added an element of urgency / survival to the game.

i love a lot of the XBLA games:.. Pinball is fun, Gripshift is pretty good cart racer.. Castlevania SOTN is great.. Rez is ok.. but not bad.. bomberman live is just too much fun.

What's the general concensus on Assassin's Creed? I'm tempted to get it w/ the 25% off coupon at GS. I hear nothing but mixed reviews.

What the fuck is wrong with DR's save system? There's a bathroom/save point in almost every plaza of the mall, except the Park, the food court (which is like two feet long and only has two major uses outside of getting food), and I think one other Plaza. There's never a save point that far away.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What the fuck is wrong with DR's save system? There's a bathroom/save point in almost every plaza of the mall, except the Park, the food court (which is like two feet long and only has two major uses outside of getting food), and I think one other Plaza. There's never a save point that far away.[/quote]

I think it's mainly people being used to auto-saves/'save anywhere' that it takes some getting used to, even after the initial, "Oh crap I died, shouldn't do that" phase. It took me a bit to get used to it, and--while I've probably replayed at least four hours due to my own screw-ups--I have nothing really bad to say about it.

I think it's just a 'deal with it or hate it' kind of situation.

Must Owns? Well when I make must owns I always consider exclusivity on consoles, but there are to be a few exceptions.

1) Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 4 - I would skip 3. COD2 and COD4 both have insanely good Single Player campaigns which are both unfortunately very short, but COD4 makes up for it with it's pure ownage multiplayer. COD2 is more exclusive then COD4 obviously though.

2) Viva Pinata - Whacky and fun, It's more then just a kids game. You'll never have so much fun with inbreeding. Highly recommended.

3) Earth Defense Force 2017 - You'll probably be thinking I'm joking, but out of all the budget titles out there this is perhaps the most "fun", just remember the graphics are PS2ish.

4) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - If the 360 was your only choice and you didn't have a PS3 or a beefy PC, then this is a must have for the 360. Between me and my wife we put in over 240+ hours into this game. Best FPS RPG that I've ever played, keep an eye on Fallout 3 since It's using the same engine.

5) Gears of War - Hands down the best third person multiplayer game ever... till GoW2 comes out.

6) Halo 3 - Despite it not being the best game of all time as Bungie wanted to hype it, It's probably the best multiplayer FPS out there when it comes to variety and fun. I would even rank it better then Call of Duty 4, but that's just me. The single player is good enough to warrant a play through, and the co-op over Live is pretty damn fun.

7) Ninja Gaiden 2 - You'll become best friends with death.

8) PGR4 - You can find PGR4 pretty cheap now since it was on clearance through Target. Don't bother with PGR3 despite it being even cheaper, because Bikes make this game a lot more fun and the multiplayer is more polished. This is the best racer IMHO on the 360.

9) Rainbow Six Vegas 1+2 - RSV1 was great single player and multiplayer wise. Part 2 stepped up the multiplayer although the single player was weak. Keep in mind however this is also on the PS3 and PC.

10) Virtua Fighter 5 - The best 3d fighting option right now, and while on the PS3 it did not feature the online multiplayer. Soul Calibur 4 might best this but that's yet to be seen.

Honorable Mention - Dead Rising.

Best XBLA titles - Contra, Super C, UNO, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Carcassrone, Hexic HD, Ikaruga and Soul Calibur.

bread's done
Back