Must have games for the psp?

ep2011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just bought a PSP, what are some must-own games?

Right now I have Tekken Dark Resurrection, Wipeout Pulse and God of War: Chains of Olympus.

Sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find one and thought this would also be a good post for others just buying psps.

Lumines, Castlevania Chronicles, Metal Gear Portable Ops, Valkyrie Profile, and would recommend Silent Hill origins on PS2 but if you want it on the go. It is on the PSP

Lumines for sure. That game is fucking incredible.
Gunpey is also a damn hot puzzle game from the same guys.
Portable Ops is awesome, but a far cry from the main MGS games.
LocoRoco is a lot of fun but way way too short. Can be had on the cheap now.
Killzone Liberation and Syphon Filter are both really good action games and I stand behind them both.

As far as imports go I really liked Ape Escape racer, Namaikida, Nippon no Asoko de, and Fate Tiger Colosseum.

They're not 'must buys' but you should definitely look into Dead Head Fred and Chili Con Carnage. I really liked both.

Tales of Eternia (EU Import)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (if you can still find it)

[quote name='depascal22']
LocoRoco
Burnout Legends
Patapon[/quote]

Didn't even know burnout legends was for the psp! Thanks :) Will look into that.

Also, can someone explain what LocoRoco and Patapon are? I have heard a lot about them, but I don't really understand them..

[quote name='Apokolypz84']Tales of Eternia (EU Import)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (if you can still find it)[/quote]

lol I was gonna say the same but I'm also gona add Silent Hill: Origins (if you haven't play this on the PS2 that is and want to have it on the go)

[quote name='ep2011']Also, can someone explain what LocoRoco and Patapon are? I have heard a lot about them, but I don't really understand them..[/quote]

correct me if I'm wrong but I think the game is basically a fighting/rhythm music game..
is very similar to PSX Bust a Groove
anyway about the game you're the god or some sort and commanding tiny tribal army by following different sequences

Crisis Core
God of War
Lumines I/II
Ratchet & Clank
Mega Man Powered Up
Final Fantasy Tactics
Jeanne D'Arc
Burnout Legends

[quote name='ep2011']Hows DJ Max Portable 2? Played the demo and I really like it, but it is so fucking hard... Thinking about importing it.[/quote]

DJ Max 2 is outstanding! I have about 25 PSP games now and this is easily in the top 3.

I was hesitant as well at first but the game starts out much easier than the demo (a 4 button mode is available) and the songs are surprisingly catchy.

I would go to Strikebang.com, register and post 5 times to get a $10 off $50 or more coupon from Play-Asia:

http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?t=4885

[quote name='briandadude']DJ Max 2 is outstanding! I have about 25 PSP games now and this is easily in the top 3.

I was hesitant as well at first but the game starts out much easier than the demo (a 4 button mode is available) and the songs are surprisingly catchy.

I would go to Strikebang.com, register and post 5 times to get a $10 off $50 or more coupon from Play-Asia:

http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?t=4885[/quote]

I already have a $5 off $50 from my last order but I may post to get the $10 off. Thanks for the tip :) I think I may get it!

Nice! $10 off at Play-Asia will be perfect for the Sunsoft collection and KOF '98. Thanks, briandadude!

Oh, and LocoRoco isn't a fighting game or rhythm game at all. You just roll your loco roco around. Every time you absorb another guy you get bigger. It also encourages exploration and finding different secrets on the map. There are bad guys but the game isn't really us against them as much as it's find as many dudes and get to the end without losing everyone. You can lose guys if you get hit but there is no need for musical affinity or rhythm.

Patapon, on the other hand, is a rhythm game. You use the different buttons to bang out different beats. Your soldiers use the beats to attack, defend, or move forward. It's a fun game that looks very similar to LocoRoco but really plays much differently.

another vote for burnout legends, its like having burnout 3 anytime you want. and you can find it pretty damn cheap.

crisis core is a must play if you enjoyed final fantasy vii
fft: war of the lions is the best version of that game
loco roco, me & my katamari & patapon can fill your quirky side
if you havent played puzzle quest on another system, it is a must play.

Sid Meier's Pirates! is perfect for the PSP, probably the ideal platform for the kind of game it is. I had it for Xbox as well, but gave it to my brother after trying out the PSP version.

FF:Tactics & Valkyrie Profile if you've never played either (or your FF Tactics for PS1 disc crapped the bed years ago like mine did). Dracula X Chronicles for Symphony of the Night, and the Rondo of Blood remake is pretty good too.

Jeanne D'Arc is great. Lumines. Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 are just plain great twists on strategy games. Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion has a great story if you're able to look past a few translation issues.

Not sure about what games you like but here are my recommendations (and the imports I recommend are much cheaper now):

Ace Combat
Final Fantasy Tactics
Taiko no Tatsujin 1 and 2 (import)
Bleach Heat of Soul 4 (import)
Castlevania (Dracula X Chronicles)
DJ Max 1 and 2 (import)
Disgae: Afternoon of Darkness
Hot Shots Golf
Jeanne Da Arc
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Densha de Go (all of them for the PSP)
Monster Hunter 1 and 2
Naruto: Narutimate (import version)
Lumines I and II
Locoroco
Patapon
Initial D Street Stage (Import)
Hot Shots Golf 1 and 2
Riviera
Syphon Filter (both)
Sega Genesis Collection and Capcom collections
Brave Story
Tekken Dark Resurrection

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Space Invaders Extreme is awesome and cheap, as well!

How is Brave Story? I almost picked it up at EB yesterday.[/quote]
I couldn't get into Brave Story :( Just something about it that disinterested me...

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Space Invaders Extreme is awesome and cheap, as well!

How is Brave Story? I almost picked it up at EB yesterday.[/quote]

It's an RPG that gradually gets better...but starts off slow. Also, seeing chibi characters (adults shrunken or teens that look like kids) might turn some people off. But all in all, I enjoyed it.

i would say one of the GTA's, metal gear solid portable ops, rachet and clank, need for speed carbon, patapon, call of duty road to victory, and you should get like a 4 gig stick to put some music or videos on

Best fighting game I've played so far is Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover.
It's a fantastic port almost identical to the console versions.

Lumines 2 more so than Lumines
Ultimate Block Party - I can't stress this one enough
Wipeout Pulse and Wipeout Pure (Euro Edition)
PuzzleScape
Gunpey

Hot Shots Golf. Lumines 1 &2, and R&C: Size Matters. (Would probably recommend Hot Shots 2 but I haven't had a chance to play it yet).

Just got Initial D: Street Stage - Great game for racing fans. One of the best i've played on the PSP..

Also, Crazy Taxi. My favorite game on the PSP so far.

Crisis Core
LocoRoco!!!!!
Final Fantasy Tactics
Valkyrie Profile
Jeanne D'Ark
Lumines
Tales of Eternia (import)
Burnout Legends
GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Vice City Stories
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Daxter
Me & My Katamari
Power Stone Collection (if you can handle the kinda long load times)
Gitaroo-Man Lives! (can't recommend this enough if you like music games)
Burnout Dominator (not as good as Legends imho, but still fun)
Crush (interesting puzzle game)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (if you can get into it, it is nearly endless)
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness

These are the ones I've played and enjoyed the most. Some may not be must haves depending on your game preferences.

Jeane D'Arc & Final Fantasy Tactics (Awsome Stratagy RPG's)
Guilty Gear Judgement, Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Awsome Fighting Games)
Patapon, LocoRoco (Awsome & Stylish Games)
Daxter, Dead Head Fred (Fun Action/Adventure Games)
Castlevania Dracula X, Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins (Old School Fun! New School Digs!)

others off the top of my head:

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Dungeon Seige Dark Throne (?)
Crush

if you didn't own them then I'd add:

God of War: Chains of Olympus, Tekken Dark Resurection

[quote name='Snake2715']Well I loved jeanne D' Arc and just picked up Warhammer 40,000 Squad Commander and am really digging it.

FWIW.[/quote]

I second Warhammer 40K. (Great universe). It's a shame that game was so short... because it rocked....

I also like Patapon, Puzzle Quest, and the SNK classics vol. 1. (nostalgia for days when I couldn't afford the doggone NeoGeo! heh) :D

Bleach heat the Soul 3, 4 or 5 (import fighter)
Gundam Royale or Battle Tactics (import robot fighting)

Two franchises that haven't reached this side of the pond yet yet i've spent more time playing them then anything else

bread's done
Back