Must-have import games

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Just recently purchased a PS3, and after perusing the must-have lists all around CAG, I'm now looking to grab some of those games you can't get here in the states. What's good? Also, anyone know if there are games like Custom Robo for the system? Thanks!

I have a couple of recommendations I can make, though whether they're "must have" is completely a matter of opinion:

If you love baseball games, give the Pro Yakyuu Spirits series a shot. Fun game that is made by the same people behind the Power Pros series. You might need a translation guide for the career mode and stuff, but it's a solid baseball series in terms of gameplay.

One game I just imported was Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Very fun mech/fighter game that really doesn't require for you to be a fan of the series. I've never even watched it and find this game to be an absolute blast to play.

If you like fighting games, Arcana Heart 3 is a good one to import. In fact, last time I checked you could import the European release of it for cheaper than the PSN price. It's certainly a unique and fun fighting game.

Everything else is just based on taste. I've imported a few racing games, a cricket game, that Siren game only available here on PSN... It depends all in what interest you.

MUST HAVE:
Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD- Amazing game and you don't even have to play the rest of the ones because they have no storyline. Great gameplay and an addiction I had in 7th grade.

How about PSP games to import that didn't make it to North America?

Maybe from the UK or Europe in general since I don't know how to read Japanese.
I know that there's "Breath of Fire 3" for the PSP.

[quote name='Thomas96']Under defeat reminds me of Tiger Heli(nes). Is UD a psn game or is it on disc...how do I get it?[/QUOTE]

Disc only, and according to the guys over at the shmups.com forums, it has some issues that might hinder it from the original DC release.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38875&sid=2edfd8ddfe82ba12f6a1e9114a1e62f4&start=720

Not sure why no US company didn't pick it up (Rising Star games?) but it doesn't look like its coming over here.

I own the DC port, nice game, plays like Tiger Heli meets Zero Gunner 2 (of course you can't circle around like that game) plus I liked the widescreen mode that they put in, but it's not $70 good (to me) to import it (since I've done that once already with the DC version)

I've imported Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record UC 0081 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn and liked them both. Not really must haves unless you're a fan of the franchise or giant robots in general, but they are pretty fun.

bread's done
Back