MW2, AC2, possibly others, $47.99 at TJ Maxx

Skydude

CAGiversary!
I stopped in TJ Maxx this morning, and noticed a display of "cheap new video game deals" with some Wii shovelware on top. I checked, and found copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Assassin's Creed 2, both for Xbox 360, in the box. Both were marked at $47.99. This was in McLean, VA (Tyson's Corner), and I would imagine the same deal could be found at other TJ Maxx stores.

There may have been other worthwhile games, but those two caught my eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen any new games at any TJ Maxx that I visit. It's usually like $20 and under games...

May have to return there next weekend just to check...

I actually just went to TJ-Maxx today and they had also Halo 3 ODST for that same price along with New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $39.99. The rest of the games there were shovelware.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Wow whenever i go there its always Shovelware Wii games not even worth 10-15 bucks[/QUOTE]

yup, pretty much the same here.
I'll check my local one, next monday

You sure somebody didn't steal those games and put them in a box and mark it 47.99 with a sharpy? Seems like the regular thing you see at TJ Maxx.

I wish I cuold find some deals like that at my TJ maxx. I waas there today and all they had were crappy Wii games and l6 or 7 copies of Shadowrun.

[quote name='Nebenator']Tyson's is 40 minutes away from me :)
Nice find, OP.[/QUOTE]

wow, why do i keep getting signs of my ex girlfriend....
I used to go to Tyson's corner with her....

WoW another amazed person that just found out that tj maxx says game, atleast one's that are recently made. Last time I went to one, all they had were cheap knock off pc games that you could find at any dollar store.

I guess i'll be heading to the nearest tj maxx soon to check this out.

I work at TJ Maxx, and these are new copies. Last year we carried the Wii just before Black Friday and that was the only time we carried them. I know at our store we also got Batman Arkham Asylum for both 360 and PS3, same with COD: MW2. Madden 2010 and Halo 3 ODST as well as some wii games I can't recall. We HAD Wii systems for 159.99 as well as some Wii Fit Plus bundles, but they were gone within hours.

I only saw a couple copies, but they may have had more. I wouldn't go hugely out of your way to go there, but they may still be around. Like I said, they were beneath Wii shovelware, so others may not have even noticed them.

About 7 copies of Assassins Creed 2, MW2, Tekken 6, Halo3 ODST. Cashier said they had wiis, but sold out of them first day they had them at 159.99

It's a similar kind of store as Marshall's, but considering Tyson's has them about a block apart, and Marshall's (as far as I saw) didn't have any worthwhile games, I don't think they're the same.

Are all of you reporting the finds in the VA are? I'm in Florida, and I haven't seen crap. I'm still going to check the other two that I haven't check later today, however.

I just picked up a copy of MW2 from TJ Max in Castleton in Indianapolis at 12:30pm EST on lunch, although it wasn't worth the $13 savings to have to stand in an unbelievably long line listening to jobless housewives complain about how hard it is to find a good landscaper this time of year.

There was one copy left after the one I purchased
. The only other games were cheap Wii games.

Has anyone in Indy seen AC2 at another TJ Max?

Spotted Forza 3, Assassins Creed 2 (360), Tekken 6 (360 & PS3), and Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) along with the usual Wii shovelware at my local TJ Maxx. All of the games were behind the counter.

Never thought to look behind the counter, but I didn't see anything new out on the floor. More DVD's and even an HD-DVD or two.

Will definitely look harder next time...

[quote name='LarsenB']No Assassin's Creed II at the one in Queens, NY :(. They were also behind the counter.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has it for $45

just stopped at my local T.J and they had quiet a few games, MuA2 , MW2, and wii shovel ware MUA2 and MW 2 were for both for ps3 and 360 ...allen park mi

Over in Cincinnati Ohio the TJ Maxx in Tri County has Modern Warfare 2, well they probably had them till today. I got mine just before black friday, thank you.

Was just about to post this, but fortunately searched first. I was surprised to find in the Fairlawn, OH store the following for $47.99

Halo ODST
COD MW2 (ps3)
Assassin's Creed (360)
MUA2 (360)
Tekken 6 (360)

And also:
Battle Fantasia for $20 (360)
Metal Slug 7 for $13 (ds)

Amazingly the amount of good titles far outweighed the Wii Shovelware.

Already have MW2; got during spend $80, get $40 back coupon promotion and used on MW2. Ty anyways op!

bread's done
Back