MW3 Deals Oddly Thin?

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Amazon has a $10 gift card for MW3, but nobody else is running any promotions on it. Seems odd to me, considering the game comes out on the 8th (seven days away).

Was expecting Amazon and Walmart to be fighting over customers with $20 gift cards by now...? This odd to anyone else?

While that may be true, Black Ops had two $20 gift card deals out by now (from Amazon and Walmart) and games like Battlefield 3 just had $20 deals as well. I wouldn't expect it for smaller titles or less high profile ones, but nothing yet on MW3? Seems peculiar to me, although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some bigger deals coming out over the next couple days.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']While that may be true, Black Ops had two $20 gift card deals out by now (from Amazon and Walmart) and games like Battlefield 3 just had $20 deals as well. I wouldn't expect it for smaller titles or less high profile ones, but nothing yet on MW3? Seems peculiar to me, although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some bigger deals coming out over the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

It is extremely peculiar... While I can only contest for MW1 & MW2 (as I never got into the other CoD's)... I vividly remember purchasing MW2 at BB at the midnight launch for $40.XX with a RZ Gamers Club coupon and on top of that getting like a $10 or $20 GC. There were other deals going around as well...

So while some might say "YO THEY SELL LIKE HOT CAKEZ ANYWAYS!!1!1!11!"... It is still very strange... but fear not, I still think some online/B&M stores have some stuff up their sleeves...

Yeah, I'm here specifically looking for MW3 deals. The Amazon one is for a headset anyway. No gift cards. :(

Well, I think the companies more or less have something to do with it. MW3 is going to sale because of the name. You usually only want promos when a game isn't going to sell like you think. That's why Sonic Generations is getting discounts. Way too much competition.

I was really hoping that Modern Warfare 3 would get a last-minute gift cert thrown on, like Battlefield 3 did. Looks like time is up though. I guess now I'm waiting to see if it hits $40 on Black Friday. :/

[quote name='rerun']Yeah, I'm here specifically looking for MW3 deals. The Amazon one is for a headset anyway. No gift cards. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah your right it's not a real promo. I guess your only real hope is for black friday

I think I read in the KMart thread that Activision didn't want anyone linking any coupon/credit deals to the game. Thats why the K-Mart coupon for MW3 doesn't exist.

bread's done
Back