My 360 died. Need a new one.

Jgel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well my launch 360 died and I need to replace it. Are there any deals right now. Also, how do I get my saves and gamescore moved to the new one. I have the 20 gig HDD. Can I just buy the 4 GIG slim and install the 20 gig into it? Just looking for some help here. Also, do you think it would be better to wait for Black Friday?

BF isn't too far away so waiting on it would be prudent.
Keep an eye on the the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread though. Cheap slims frequently pop up there.
The original 360 HDD is not compatible with the slim, so you'll have to transfer the data to a new one. It's annoying but it is a good time to upgrade it anyway. I recently made the same switch and bought a 250GB HDD. It's very convenient no longer having to be miserly about space and being able to install as many full games as I like.

[quote name='looploop']The original 360 HDD is not compatible with the slim, so you'll have to transfer the data to a new one. [/QUOTE]
The HDD is compatible, however it's casing/shell is not. I have an original 360 120gb HDD in my slim. I bought a $5 new style plastic shell and it fits perfectly.

[quote name='natiev']The HDD is compatible, however it's casing/shell is not. I have an original 360 120gb HDD in my slim. I bought a $5 new style plastic shell and it fits perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Right. My cousin's original died so he upgraded to a 4gb slim. I picked up a cheap shell from DealExtreme, and we popped his 20gb into it with no trouble. Been running great ever since

[quote name='natiev']The HDD is compatible, however it's casing/shell is not. I have an original 360 120gb HDD in my slim. I bought a $5 new style plastic shell and it fits perfectly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PR Mega X']Right. My cousin's original died so he upgraded to a 4gb slim. I picked up a cheap shell from DealExtreme, and we popped his 20gb into it with no trouble. Been running great ever since[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm so glad I saw this thread. My 360 just died and I was debating whether to look for a used fat 360 or get a new slim. Now, I can just get a slim and use my old hdd. Perfect!

I came here to ask the same question. I don't know if I can hold out until Black Friday.

Best deal I see right now is $299.99 for the Halo Reach/Fable III 250GB bundle. I think that one is at Best Buy.

I would prefer something cheaper though. Any ideas?

bread's done
Back