My 360 Dilemma

MaddogMonty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This has been bugging me for a while so I thought I'd post here:

I currently have a 360 that has a warranty that expires in November. I am paranoid about it dying immediately after the warranty expires and me having to buy a new system. Right now EB games has Trade 4 and Get $100 off an Arcade and Trade Your 360 + 1 Game and get $50 bonus. Which basically means I could get an arcade by buying approximately 60$ in trade fodder and my 360.

However I kinda hate to do this now since the warranty is good until November but on the other hand it seems like a good deal. Since the deadline is coming up soon I thought I'd see what other people would suggest.

Also how likely is it that EB has another one of these promotions sometime this year? I know the trade 4 for 100$ off an arcade is nothing special but what about the $50 bonus on a 360?

It seems like EB will always have decent promos running. I was actually thinking the EXACT same as you, and traded in my old 360 unit + 4 games to get $200 off the Forza 3 Super Elite. I'm in the process of selling my 60GB HDD, and will sell a controller or two to help pay it off. Now I have two brand new controllers, a 250GB HD and a slick-looking Elite, with a brand new warranty. Shwing!

The only trade in offer I've seen is $30 extra when you trade in one console for the purchase of another. I was considering doing that with my 360 for a PS3.

Where did you see the $50 bonus for a 360 plus 1 game?

Edit: Never mind, I hadn't realized this wasn't a US post. This thread popped up for me on a search. I should check what forum I'm in before posting. lol

I was thinking the same, but I ended up just buying an Elite on Boxing Day. My old 360 began giving me some trouble, but it wouldn't red ring :(

bread's done
Back