My 360 got the RRoD...advice?

scott2hotcott

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
On Tuesday my 360 finally got the RRoD. I bought it in March 2007 from a fellow CAG. I suppose I could try to send it in to Microsoft (I think I have the receipt for it for proof of ownership). My other choices would be to buy an Arcade system and just pull my harddrive off of the old one. Or I could pick up one of the 60GB systems and get a transfer kit or whatever's needed to get all of the stuff off of my old harddrive. If I do get a new system, I suppose I could sell my old one for a few dollars to somebody who knows how to fix them. Thoughts? Suggestions?

call Msoft up they'll take care of you.. just say it is having problems and when you bought it, I never had to give a receipt to them whenever I sent one back.

Yea you don't need a receipt or proof of purchase. You can call Microsoft at 1-800-4MYXBOX or you can submit a form online here. I've done this twice already and I'm expecting my third to fail me any day now...awesome job MS. Hope this helps!

call them and send it in, or if you cant wait sell it on craigslist and use the money and pay the difference for an arcade, keep your HDD

my buddy once bought a used 360 from Gamecrazy, it RRoD on him and he called microsoft, but the system was registered under someone else so they didnt let him send it in under warranty, so we sold it

[quote name='greyzieoriental']call them and send it in, or if you cant wait sell it on craigslist and use the money and pay the difference for an arcade, keep your HDD

my buddy once bought a used 360 from Gamecrazy, it RRoD on him and he called microsoft, but the system was registered under someone else so they didnt let him send it in under warranty, so we sold it[/quote]

I haven't checked yet, but I'm wondering if the CAG who I bought it from already registered it. Waiting isn't really a big deal...was hoping to finish Gears 2 with one of my friends over the holidays, but I suppose we can wait.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Buy a PS3 (I kid, I kid) ;)[/quote]

Got a 60GB PS3 over a year ago. Thanks, though.;)

bread's done
Back