My Amazing Cheap Ass Week

thack

CAGiversary!
Hi everyone,

I thought I would share the results from my past week of hardcore game shopping. In total, I hit up about a dozen pawn shops and a couple local gameshops. This is probably the best gaming run I've had in nearly a year, and I just had to share it with someone.

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA) $10
Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (GC) $10
Back to the Future Trilogy (DVD) $8.50
Samurai Jack Season 1 (DVD) $8.50
Ken Burns Jazz (DVD) $30
Sopranos Season 4 (DVD) $18
Six Feet Under Season 4 (DVD), Zelda Oracle of Seasons (GB), Pokemon Sapphire (GBA), & Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls all $47
Disgaea Hour of Darkness (PS2) Factory Sealed $25
Valkyrie Profile (PSX) no instruction booklet $35
Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (DVD) $5
King of Fighters '99 (PSX) 8 copies@ $.50 each
Mutant Hockey League (Sega Genesis) $6
Dune: Battle for Arakis (Sega Genesis) $7
Romance of the Three Kingdoms III (Sega Genesis) $4
Wordtris (SNES) $2
Super Mario World 2 Nintendo Power Player's Guide $3

and the kicker,

Suikoden II, Vandal Hearts and Saga Frontier I & II all complete and in excellent condition for $18 total.

So I'm not a total Karma hog, I posted a link to a website where you can buy Disgaea sealed for $25 and some other good deals. Good luck to you all in your Cheap Ass pursuits. I'm off to see if I can still score seasons 2 & 3 of The Sopranos at a local pawn shop for $18 each.

Six Feet Under Season 4 (DVD), Zelda Oracle of Seasons (GB), Pokemon Sapphire (GBA), & Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls all $47

this is when my jaw started dropping. those 6 feet under dvds are like $100 on their own, aren't they?

And this, my friends, is why local shops kick ass.

Congratulations to the OP.

/finished .hack//SIGN for under $30, got a VMU for $5, and Legend of Mana for $10
//I

Tons of local pawn shops here, but I never find good deals. The only dvd set I could find was Lord of the Rings extended for 19.99 and it was in crappy shape.

I went pawn shopping again today. I missed out on the Sopranos DVD's I wanted but managed to score a few deals on some SNES and N64 titles.
Mario Party (N64) $6
Mr. Do (SNES) $4
Yoshi's Island (SNES) $4
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) $4
Super Mario All Stars $4 (SNES)

I was sad to learn that I missed out on the mother lode of game sales a few days ago. A local game shop is going out of business and had all of their NES titles marked down to $.50 each. The owner said someone came in and bought up 518 games. I was still able to pick up some good deals (i.e, KOF 99, and Sega games above), so I guess it wasn't a total washout. Anyway, best of luck to all fellow CAG'ers.

bread's done
Back