My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
These arent bad deals but I am holding out for both GoW and Ni No Kuni to hit around $20 or so. I haven't thought very highly of the PSP/PS2 GoW games, but I am intrigued by the online multiplayer.

I don't suppose these offers will stack with a price match from other stores will they?

[quote name='Gareee']$30 or under is our pricepoint, since reviews of this were less than stellar. We have no desire at all to play GOW online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

you say ”we” as if you speak for everyone lol. i got it at launch and the single player AND multiplayer are fantastic ! it is never hard to find a match online period. why do people look to ”professional” reviewers as the end all be all is beyond me. everyone knows they get payed off lmao

[quote name='strait edge follower']you say ”we” as if you speak for everyone lol. i got it at launch and the single player AND multiplayer are fantastic ! it is never hard to find a match online period. why do people look to ”professional” reviewers as the end all be all is beyond me. everyone knows they get payed off lmao[/QUOTE]

just like you told him. dont speak for everyone just because YOU think reviewers are payed off to give good scores. that's your opinion not everyones.

on topic. ill wait till $20- 30 range to pick up gow

[quote name='strait edge follower']you say ”we” as if you speak for everyone lol. i got it at launch and the single player AND multiplayer are fantastic ! it is never hard to find a match online period. why do people look to ”professional” reviewers as the end all be all is beyond me. everyone knows they get payed off lmao[/QUOTE]

The single player was far and away the weakest entry in the series. It just didn't have the same epic feeling as all the other ones and the story was lacking. Then you have the plethora of audio glitches with the audio either not coming in at all or a good second behind what happened on the screen in numerous places throughout the game.

While the online aspect is a nice little time killer, I would be shocked if anyone played it for more than a few hours.

It's still a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely the worst in the series. It's not just professional reviewers, either. Virtually everyone I've talked to about it was immensely disappointed by it, myself included.

[quote name='gmsick']just like you told him. dont speak for everyone just because YOU think reviewers are payed off to give good scores. that's your opinion not everyones.

on topic. ill wait till $20- 30 range to pick up gow[/QUOTE]

forgot to put ”imo” in my post lol. well anyway god of war can be had for 39.99$ using the rz coupon if you dont mind that price. i really think you would love the multiplayer ! the 4v4 mode is like their spin on smash bros, just chaos ! i loved using that dlc hammer weapon i got with the bestbuy pickup :D

Maybe he was referring to him and his significant other or maybe him and a friend. I re-read his post and did not think he was referring to "everyone".

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']The single player was far and away the weakest entry in the series. It just didn't have the same epic feeling as all the other ones and the story was lacking. Then you have the plethora of audio glitches with the audio either not coming in at all or a good second behind what happened on the screen in numerous places throughout the game.

While the online aspect is a nice little time killer, I would be shocked if anyone played it for more than a few hours.

It's still a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely the worst in the series. It's not just professional reviewers, either. Virtually everyone I've talked to about it was immensely disappointed by it, myself included.[/QUOTE]

well the story i too thought was lacking but then again prequels usually lack in story except for kingdom hearts bbs (best prequel ever imo). other than that the gameplay more than made up for it. the hankertonceries boss fight was insane lol. as for glitches there was that one i had during the first time puzzle but thank god restarting the chapter fixed it :). i do think god of war needs a break and that santa monica should do a game based on norse mythology or vikings !

[quote name='strait edge follower'] i do think god of war needs a break and that santa monica should do a game based on norse mythology or vikings ![/QUOTE]

God called Thor?

ok. im here to save all you time, and money. just went to ma local BB and got shot down both on GOW and NNK.

bought GOW on the first day and brought the receipt, i told the cs that i want now to use the 20 dollar voucher from this week's RZ and could not to do it. But as a sliver member who has 60 days return policy, still told me could not do it. they can however do a return and rebuy with the voucher. but if i did that, i would lose the 20 dollar certificate for preordering the game.

and the other was NNK, Brought last week's target ad, CS didn't care to look at the effective date on the date. nevertheless, price match for 40. so far so good. however, when tried to double dip using the 15 bucks voucher, shot down. CS told me the system won't let it happen. either choose the price match or the voucher. not both.

so, there you have it. being a super cheapass gamer myself, had to try it. and felt to tell you guys not to bother double dipping. you'll thank me. got a good work out though, not having a car, had to run to BB which was like 2 miles away and ran both ways. to save 5 bucks on bus.

hmm I might go try to price match Amazon and use the coupon on God of War, that'd make it ~$25

same thing with Ni no Kuni but I already own it so I don't need it

edit: just read the fine print and it doesn't say it won't work with a price match so it might just be a YMMV thing

[quote name='heyheyhey11']ok. im here to save all you time, and money. just went to ma local BB and got shot down both on GOW and NNK.

bought GOW on the first day and brought the receipt, i told the cs that i want now to use the 20 dollar voucher from this week's RZ and could not to do it. But as a sliver member who has 60 days return policy, still told me could not do it. they can however do a return and rebuy with the voucher. but if i did that, i would lose the 20 dollar certificate for preordering the game.

and the other was NNK, Brought last week's target ad, CS didn't care to look at the effective date on the date. nevertheless, price match for 40. so far so good. however, when tried to double dip using the 15 bucks voucher, shot down. CS told me the system won't let it happen. either choose the price match or the voucher. not both.

so, there you have it. being a super cheapass gamer myself, had to try it. and felt to tell you guys not to bother double dipping. you'll thank me. got a good work out though, not having a car, had to run to BB which was like 2 miles away and ran both ways. to save 5 bucks on bus.[/QUOTE]Dude, just try what I suggested for GoW:A:

[quote name='Vigilante']Actually, it might not, at least if you preordered in-store:

You could buy another copy using this coupon for $39.99, keep the receipt, and bring both that receipt and your original receipt to Customer Service (in the same trip, if you wanted), show that you were just able to buy another copy for $20 less, and they should PM that for your original purchase. You can then return the second $39.99 copy with the second receipt at your leisure (preferably in a separate visit later in the week).

Again, this would only work if you preordered and picked up GoW:A in-store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heyheyhey11']ok. im here to save all you time, and money. just went to ma local BB and got shot down both on GOW and NNK.

so, there you have it. being a super cheapass gamer myself, had to try it. and felt to tell you guys not to bother double dipping. you'll thank me. got a good work out though, not having a car, had to run to BB which was like 2 miles away and ran both ways. to save 5 bucks on bus.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you needed to tell people about the GoW one, since that was obviously a return / rebuy situation.

The same goes for Ni no Kuni, since practically everyone notes "you can't double dip". Obviously you can try, but if you're going to try... people are going to ignore your useless post anyway.

[quote name='buckythekat']hmm I might go try to price match Amazon and use the coupon on God of War, that'd make it ~$25

same thing with Ni no Kuni but I already own it so I don't need it

edit: just read the fine print and it doesn't say it won't work with a price match so it might just be a YMMV thing[/QUOTE]
You cant PM and use a coupon. Thats double dipping and against BB's policy. The computer wont allow it and a cashier will be prompted to only accept one offer

[quote name='Havok83']You cant PM and use a coupon. Thats double dipping and against BB's policy. The computer wont allow it and a cashier will be prompted to only accept one offer[/QUOTE]
We really need to put this in a FAQ somewhere.

For those who are looking into a PM for GOW:A, i'll just repost my story from earlier today because it was buried by people talking about GOW reviews. Note that this was a call-in because I ordered online.

I did successfully get a PM on GOW:A this morning. That's why it never hurts to call in and try.

I posted this in the BBY $20 RZ cert preorder thread, but I thought I would spread the word here as well for any Silver members out there who bought it Day 1. I'm sure this PM will be a YMMV situation, but if you tell them the price in cart is $39.99 like I did, it should help your case. The CS rep was well aware the $20 price reduction was due to the coupon and still processed the PM for me. Good luck everyone!

[quote name='strait edge follower']nah id call it ”the legend of thor”, sounds better to me lol[/QUOTE]

When is CM Punk getting his own video game

[quote name='Havok83']You cant PM and use a coupon. Thats double dipping and against BB's policy. The computer wont allow it and a cashier will be prompted to only accept one offer[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']We really need to put this in a FAQ somewhere.[/QUOTE]

People will still ask. This question gets asked almost every page and people don't seem to read and/or search:roll:

Got a PM on God of War Ascension, I even bought the CE and they were fine with it. Highly YMMV of course. $40 GOWA CE, yes please.

So Best Buy honored their $20 dollar coupon today for me for GoW: Ascension even though I bought the game back on 3/17. Basically they returned the game and refunded the entire $60 dollars and then resold it to me with the new adjusted price of $20 dollars off with the coupon. It was kind of a confusing process though (see below). lol

Because I had originally purchased the game with a 32.21 gift card + 32.19 on my credit card on launch day, they had to credit my credit card 32.19 and put the 32.21 back on a new gift card. Then they rung up the game again this time with the $20 dollar coupon applied (plus they charged me a 5 dollar preorder bonus even though I originally bought the game off of the shelf and didn't preorder...which is weird). They then used the 32 dollar gift card back on the new price but this time I had to pay 15.72 from what was refunded on my credit card to pay the remainder balance on the new price. In the end I am not sure if I got "$20 dollars" back but I think it was close. Ironically the new receipt says I saved $20 dollars but the girl and I figured out I would be getting 19.57 or something like that back. Oh well, at least I got something back that was close to around $20 dollars. lol

In the end, if you bought this game and are a premier silver and a gamer's unlocked, try to see if your store will do it. Just be prepared they will probably go through the same process for you like they did for me; except hopefully not as confusing. HAHA! :D

Edit: I just checked my email and it looks like Best Buy sent me a "preorder code" even though I didn't preorder the game when I originally bought it. So even though I might have been shorted 20 dollars this afternoon, at least I got some DLC for the transaction that I wasn't expecting. YAY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Roninalchemist']I'll be picking up Naruto Ninja Storm 3 this week! Wheee!![/QUOTE]

Naruto is tempting since i think only the 1st run copies have the gokou skin dlc but naruto games go down price to the $20-30 price range after a couple of months right? Grrrr... Decisions

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Naruto is tempting since i think only the 1st run copies have the gokou skin dlc but naruto games go down price to the $20-30 price range after a couple of months right? Grrrr... Decisions[/QUOTE]
same here, I am a fan of the naruto series, but knowing it will be $20-30. I will be holding off

[quote name='gmsick']just like you told him. dont speak for everyone just because YOU think reviewers are payed off to give good scores. that's your opinion not everyones.

on topic. ill wait till $20- 30 range to pick up gow[/QUOTE]
All pro reviewers are paid off to give good scores. There's no "I think." It's fact.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']All pro reviewers are paid off to give good scores. There's no "I think." It's fact.[/QUOTE]

No, you're wrong. FFVIII is the best game ever.

Thanks OP, bought GOW: Ascension today for $40. Put 3 - 4 hours into it so far and I'm loving it. And I thought GOW3 looked good. O_O

[quote name='TheWildMoose']Can you use reward zone certificates with these coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Just think of the RZ certificates as gift certificates that are independent of any coupon that BB offers; just like regular gift certificates for other stores.

Sucks to find out you can't price match and use the coupon...has anyone got it to work? I was gonna get Ni No Kuni, but not if I can't get it for $25.

You'll have to be very lucky. To get price match and the coupon you'll need an override.

Hopefully Best Buy catches up with everyone else and drops it to $40 as well sometime soon.

[quote name='whoknows']You'll have to be very lucky. To get price match and the coupon you'll need an override.

Hopefully Best Buy catches up with everyone else and drops it to $40 as well sometime soon.[/QUOTE]
why don't u just get it for $45 to support the developers, lol

[quote name='YBX87']why don't u just get it for $45 to support the developers, lol[/QUOTE]

I don't think it works like that.

Either way, hoping my magazine comes soon, some good coups if the right prices happen.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I don't think it works like that.

Either way, hoping my magazine comes soon, some good coups if the right prices happen.[/QUOTE]

Your absolutely correct that price doesn't support devs.

Retailers pay up front for all copies they have.

I was able to get a price match in store for God of War: Ascension to knock it down to $40. At first the clerk was intending to ring up the transaction as a return/rebuy so that the actual GCU discount could be utilized, but his manager just told him to do it as a pricematch instead. I wasn't sweating it as I already received my $20 RZ certificate from preordering the game earlier in the month.

It's too bad that BB policies are changing, as I will miss having the opportunity to price match over the 60 day period once the Silver extension of the policy runs out, but I totally understand its a good business decision for them as well....

I say "we" as in my wife and myself.

Reviews of the game across the board have said its a disapointment after the last game. If I wanted a multiplayer beat em up, I'd buy one. The god of war franchise has been a single player experience up till now, and thats what we wanted from it. Single player storyline games simply do not need a tacked on multiplayer option. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Uncharterd 3, and Tomb Raider.) Instead, we'd MUCH rather have seen a longer or more feature rich single player expereince.

(And yes, "we" is my wife and myself.)

If there was local storyline co op, that would have been attractive to us, but I can't even recall the last time either of us bothered with any online multiplayer.

(And we used to be in a Unreal Tournament clan for years.)

[quote name='StryderOmega']Your absolutely correct that price doesn't support devs.

Retailers pay up front for all copies they have.[/QUOTE]

But they also get money back from devs if it doesn't sell well and they have to put it on sale. I when retail buys items its not a final sale per say. Best I could liken it to is a PM.

Margins on games cap at only a little over 12%. That is rarely also.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']But they also get money back from devs if it doesn't sell well and they have to put it on sale. I when retail buys items its not a final sale per say. Best I could liken it to is a PM.

Margins on games cap at only a little over 12%. That is rarely also.[/QUOTE]

You mean publisher, not dev. Dev gets paid before the game's even made (to pay for the cost of the devs working on the game, so they can pay their rent for those 1 - 3 years of development).

Retailers pay the publishers for the game. When retailers replenish Distribution Center inventory from the Publisher warehouses, that's when new prices can be negotiated (if the game sells out shortly after it releases, then they still pay full price to the publisher, and if it takes forever, then they re-negotiate a cheaper price to offer it for less to the consumers).

Retailers still only make

[quote name='Gareee']I say "we" as in my wife and myself.

Reviews of the game across the board have said its a disapointment after the last game. If I wanted a multiplayer beat em up, I'd buy one. The god of war franchise has been a single player experience up till now, and thats what we wanted from it. Single player storyline games simply do not need a tacked on multiplayer option. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Uncharterd 3, and Tomb Raider.) Instead, we'd MUCH rather have seen a longer or more feature rich single player expereince.

(And yes, "we" is my wife and myself.)

If there was local storyline co op, that would have been attractive to us, but I can't even recall the last time either of us bothered with any online multiplayer.

(And we used to be in a Unreal Tournament clan for years.)[/QUOTE]

So you have a full Single player campaign in Ascension! Some people actually enjoy online multiplayer, as it adds replay value. I shelved God of War 3 right after beating it, but I might've kept playing if it had a multiplayer component.

And say what you will about reviews, it's a great game.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']The single player was far and away the weakest entry in the series. It just didn't have the same epic feeling as all the other ones and the story was lacking. Then you have the plethora of audio glitches with the audio either not coming in at all or a good second behind what happened on the screen in numerous places throughout the game.

It's still a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely the worst in the series. It's not just professional reviewers, either. Virtually everyone I've talked to about it was immensely disappointed by it, myself included.[/QUOTE]

I think the MP is great. It's at a disadvantage in that this series built it's reputation on epic SP campaign mode to the casual GoW fan.

MP is just a different offering than SP that's for sure. While campaign is still hack and slash at it's core, MP is a lot more varied for folks that want more than that. You're forced to learn how to parry and use your special abilities/magic if you want to survive at this game. Their "Team Favor" mode is well designed. You still have objective based MP (capturing altars, chests, map specific items) while still including traps to help balance out the MP fights. I've had a lot of fun going one on one against other GoW players. The brutal kill is a perfect finish to an epic 1 vs. 1 battle and I've had some of my most challenging GoW moments to date via online play while still feeling that rewarding feeling. The health nodes/power weapons spawn too much for my liking and the magic is OP but it's a mode that grows on to you the more you play it actually.

[quote name='YBX87']why don't u just get it for $45 to support the developers, lol[/QUOTE]
This ain't the MRSPgaming.com!

Damn, so no sales at Best Buy on GoW:A or Ni No Kuni? Today's amazon gold box will probably be the last chance to attempt a PM + coupon for GoW:A...

[quote name='StryderOmega']Your absolutely correct that price doesn't support devs.

Retailers pay up front for all copies they have.[/QUOTE]

Define "support." It's true that most devs no longer get points on the back end, although some, like the Sony-incubated company that my friend runs, do get incentives based on sales milestones built into their contracts.

But the biggest and most obvious way that higher-priced sales support devs is that, generally speaking, the more money the game brings in for the publisher, the more likely it is that the developer gets to make another game. And if a game is particularly successful the devs may be able to negotiate a better deal for themselves on their next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back