My Best Buy Member Offer: Destiny 2 for $5.99/4.79

I would buy it... except I won't play it.

Guess the company is banking on enough players getting the season/expansions passes that they make a killing off it?

Don't forget to add in store pick-up to knock it down to $3.79!! :shock:

OK, in all seriousness, is there any reason NOT to pick it up for $4?
Still wondering how to get this mythical $1 off promo.. Best Buy has never offered to cut $1 off the price for picking it up :whistle2:/

Last edited by a moderator:
Still wondering how to get this mythical $1 off promo.. Best Buy has never offered to cut $1 off the price for picking it up :whistle2:/
Add it to your cart and select shipping. Before you check out, switch to store pick up.

Given you can't play this unless you're connected online even for solo, and that i won't get to this anytime soon, it's going back.

I would buy it... except I won't play it.

Guess the company is banking on enough players getting the season/expansions passes that they make a killing off it?

A guy i work with says he spend about 700 between both games. Hes obsessed with it lol. I know he got the collectors edition for the second game not the first. But he has it on ps4 and xbox one. I think hes nuts.

Thanks OP! I didn't care for the first game but I figured I'd play through the campaign then trade it in.
Lol good luck on tiv for this game.

You may be better off using it as a coaster after you're done.

The campaign is worth it for that cheap. I played it solo and it does feel like a single player Halo game. I never touched it after beating the campaign. I got the game for free at launch though. 

Bungie can go F*** themselves for the double season pass. What a joke. 

I do not have PlayStation Plus.  Could someone please advise which scenario is accurate when trying to play just the solo campaign offline, not multiplayer?

a. Solo campaign fully playable without PlayStation Plus.

b. Solo campaign partially playable with some features missing, without PlayStation Plus.

c. Solo campaign not playable without PlayStation Plus.

I do not have PlayStation Plus. Could someone please advise which scenario is accurate when trying to play just the solo campaign offline, not multiplayer?

b. Solo campaign partially playable with some features missing, without PlayStation Plus.
You can't play this game offline.

I do not have PlayStation Plus. Could someone please advise which scenario is accurate when trying to play just the solo campaign offline, not multiplayer?

Ignore the post right below yours. It's A. You can go through the entire campaign just fine without PS+. Raids, pvp and I think strikes require PS+.

Ignore the post right below yours. It's A. You can go through the entire campaign just fine without PS+. Raids, pvp and I think strikes require PS+.
He/she did ask about playing the solo campaign "offline." You can't do that. You have to be connected. I get the distinction you're making but PS+ is not what I was commenting on.

In for an Xbox version. Would have preferred PC, but $4.04 total is good enough. Will get my money's worth for the campaign.

Thanks, where can I check if my membership is still active and/or what the expiration date is?
Sign into bestbuy.com and go to account home. There will be a banner toward the top that says MyBBGamer'sClubUnlocked if you still have it. Below that will be the expiration date.

Campaign is decent so far.  Might not have panned out to the generation-defining IP it was hyped up to be, but the gameplay is strong enough on it's own.

I am super dumb.  My game came with a "scan barcode to add expansion pass to purchase"  Is this just a method for stores to sell DLC during the original purchase?  This is first time I have run into this.

In for one as a gift. 

Seems they pulled the Trends International - Destiny Coldheart Mounted Print from the offer. Shame, part of the reason I ordered was as I actully wanted the print lol.

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the offer (That includes the print offer)? Will see if I can get a manager to include it but would be cool to have some proof. 

In for one as a gift.

Seems they pulled the Trends International - Destiny Coldheart Mounted Print from the offer. Shame, part of the reason I ordered was as I actully wanted the print lol.

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the offer (That includes the print offer)? Will see if I can get a manager to include it but would be cool to have some proof.
I got the thing with mine... not really sure what to do with it..

In for one as a gift.

Seems they pulled the Trends International - Destiny Coldheart Mounted Print from the offer. Shame, part of the reason I ordered was as I actully wanted the print lol.

Probably because of stock. When I ordered a week ago, the print was already unavailable online and only available for store pickup at select stores. It was still part of the offer, but I had to remove the print from my cart just to be able to select shipping instead of store pickup.

Campaign is decent so far. Might not have panned out to the generation-defining IP it was hyped up to be, but the gameplay is strong enough on it's own.
the gameplay is strong....unless you've played D1 since beta.....then you realize that the gameplay is really just nerfed to hell and back. newcomers will enjoy the gameplay of D2 no doubt.....vets however remember a time where the gameplay was 10x better and are thus salty about it and have quit the series because bungie patches and DLC nerf stuff into the ground constantly to the point where "nerf fusion rifles" is a meme.

My Destiny 2 shrinkwrap had a little sticker on it that said Scan the barcode for the expansion 1 and 2 pass........I didn’t notice that you could peel it back and underneath was a scan code, for the register at checkout....

Did anyone else notice this or did anyone have it scanned? It looks like the expansion passes might be included? Any experience with this, and if its the pass, do you think its possible to Go back and have them scan?

My Destiny 2 shrinkwrap had a little sticker on it that said Scan the barcode for the expansion 1 and 2 pass........I didn’t notice that you could peel it back and underneath was a scan code, for the register at checkout....

Did anyone else notice this or did anyone have it scanned? It looks like the expansion passes might be included? Any experience with this, and if its the pass, do you think its possible to Go back and have them scan?
Come on man, it's an option to purchase the expansion pass, not a free expansion pass.

I don't play online at all, but would be interested in grabbing that for a few bucks if the single-player is decent. Heard 2 has a story and nice production values. Sounds fun enough to try.

EDIT: Forgot that D2 is an always-online game so cancelling this order. Thanks anyways, OP.
Given you can't play this unless you're connected online even for solo, and that i won't get to this anytime soon, it's going back.
You can't play this game offline.
Returned mine today. Required online play is a no-go for me. Thanks anyways, OP.

^It can be a daily struggle for some.

I saw the scannable sticker when I got mine home and thought it was giving the expansions for free too. Disappointment came quickly when I actually read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back