My Best Flea Market Finds Ever

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)

I wish I could say that other CAGs in the Raleigh, NC area could take advantage of the booth I came across yesterday, but I doubt this particular seller will ever be back. This past weekend was the last time for about a month that the flea market will be held at the NC State fairgrounds, so I figured I go see if there was anything good. There I found a booth that was either full of stolen games or was the result of a store closing.
eusa_shifty.gif
It was like nothing I've ever seen before. They had 100s of games, many recent releases, most of which were missing their cases. Three tables and 2 bins were stacked full of PS2, XBOX and GC games and all of them were incredibly cheap. There were also a couple boxes with used PS1 games in them(all of which were in EB cases), but there wasn't much worth noting. I must have spent an hour just looking through everything and picking out what I wanted.

The games I bought were all marked either $10 or $15, but I ended up talking them down to $40 total for the following:

Mario Power Tennis - Disc only
Ys: TAON - Disc only
Makai Kingdom - Disc + Instructions
Haunting Ground - Disc + Instructions
Radiata Stories - NEW
Timesplitters: FP - NEW

I would have bought even more but thanks to the ridiculous price of school books I just don't have the money to spend right now. Some games I had to pass on:

Growlanser NEW - $10 (got it @ BB)
Mario Baseball NEW - $15 (this one really pissed me off, I bought it a month ago for $35)
Beat Down(?) NEW - $15
Romance OTTK X D+I - $15
Musashi: SL D+I - $10
Samurai Western D+I - $10
Cold Fear NEW- $10
Doom 3 NEW - $15
And much, much more... :whistle2:&

After that I went to a small game store on the other side of the fairgrounds and found MUSHA, which I've been looking to buy cheap for over a year. I wouldn't have even seen it, but I inquired about the price of a couple SNES games, both of which ended up being priced much too high. But MUSHA was only $6.
icon_cool.gif

Not bad sir, not bad. As a reward for your find I give you this avatar related joke.

What did the cashier give david bowie when he broke a dollar?

CH-CH-CHANGES

[quote name='sevdustflyer']What did the cashier give david bowie when he broke a dollar?

CH-CH-CHANGES[/QUOTE]

:rofl:!!

Good work on the finds, the last time I checked a flea market, new and sealed copies of Counter-Strike on XBox (the platinum hits version, at that) were selling for $49.99 :roll:

All of the following, working, complete in boxes, and with ALL original materials (styrofoam, plastic baggies, maps, manuals, etc...) for $12 total...

NES:

Dragon Warriors 1-4

SNES:

Chrono Trigger
Robotrek
Lufia II
Secret of Mana

Yes, that was total. He had more games, but I wanted to test out a few before buying the lot. By the time I saw him again (the following week) they were all gone. Missed out on 20+ more NES games in great shape and a few more SNES gems, like BoF I and II - which had beat up boxes. The dude was an antique furniture dealer who got an armoire and everything in it at an estate sale. I tried to ask if he had tried selling the games on ebay (I was suspicious when he told me how little he wanted for them) and he was very dismissive. He had the attitude that something like older video games could not possibly have value. His loss. Made over $300 selling the games I already had copies of.

Those are some incredibly nice finds! Last time I went to a flea market, I found next to nothing, maybe I outta re-try one, I would love to get some of those deals you got.

Man, our flea market only has con artist hillbillies that charge $25 for used greatest hits titles. Congrats though, awesome find definitely, OP especially with Radiata Stories.

my turn.

power stone 2 10 dollars
xmen vs sf (saturn import) 15 dollars
project justice(dreamcast) 15 dollars
gta san andreas 10 dollars
x-com ufo defense (ps1) 5 dollars!!!!!

zelda 64 complete 10 bux.
suikoden 2 20 dollars (this was about 2 years ago)

great finds... my flea market has a guy with tons and tons of 10 dollar games... its just that all the games are crap... Ive never bought one off of him

We did have what looked to be old game exchange stock for a while, was about to get DC game controllers for a buck, and various complete genny titles

bread's done
Back