My boss went to wal-mart on his lunch break... and left with a PS3

Mattiekrome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Yesterday, Tuesday the 22nd at about 12:30pm my boss had to go to wal-mart to pick something up. While he was there, the wal-mart paging system came on and said that they had just received 4 PS3 20GB systems. Within about 30 seconds, the PA system came back on and said that only 3 were remaining. Within another 2 minutes the count was down to 2. About 2 more minutes and the count was down to 1. Within 10 seconds of that final announcement my boss snatched up the final one... lucky bastard

I'll never understand the logic of under-producing game systems when they know they'll sell a boatload of them. Well, that's why I didn't major in Econ, I guess.

This is how you and your boss look in my mind.

fantasy_island4.jpg

They didn't under produce it... they had problems with production and they were too stubborn to delay the launch. Besides, this publicity is great for Sony because the non-gaming crowd thinks EVERYBODY wants the PS3 and that it was a major sell out with high demand & supply. Too bad it's not working too well this time around.

[quote name='Stoneage']I'll never understand the logic of under-producing game systems when they know they'll sell a boatload of them. Well, that's why I didn't major in Econ, I guess.

This is how you and your boss look in my mind.

fantasy_island4.jpg
[/quote]

they dident mean to under produce. They have been makeing alot of faulty ps3s but none have made it to the maket. They dident want the ps3 to be the 360. But now they have a whole new problem

It is about the demand too.

Anyway yeh, Wal-Mart as been getting a lot of 20GB's lately. My man at the store says he hasn't seen any 60GB and they still have a bunch of rainchecks for people who came on launch day.

[quote name='NamPaehc']It is about the demand too.

Anyway yeh, Wal-Mart as been getting a lot of 20GB's lately. My man at the store says he hasn't seen any 60GB and they still have a bunch of rainchecks for people who came on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Probably Sony thinks that EB/GS gets the hardcore crowd and Walmart gets cheapskates.

[quote name='White-Wolf']they dident mean to under produce. They have been makeing alot of faulty ps3s but none have made it to the maket. They dident want the ps3 to be the 360. But now they have a whole new problem[/QUOTE]

You mean they didnt want the PS3 to be like the PS2..They didnt mean to under produce? They were having trouble manufacturing the PS3 because of the Blu-Ray drive, but instead of deleying the launch to meet the demand Sony released the PS3 so it would be released b4 the holidays. Yes..they knew they were gonna fall WAAAAY short of the demand.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I'm sure they like the free publicity. Every news story about people waiting in line was more powerful than any commercial.[/quote]

Yea, that weekend was really bad on news stories. Its like nobody knew that the Wii was launching as well. On the news anyway. Its like the news went like this.

"Today 3 people fought in line and put one in the hospital for this most wanted item. The guy is in critical condition. And Ebay is going on fire for all the PS3 sellers. The PS3 is becoming the greatest system ever created........Oh yea, Nintendo has a video game system coming out too."

But I don't mean to bash Sony, but there aren't that many games (except for Resistence:FoM) that are worth buying it.

Just be patient. Thats all I gotta say for the PS3.

bread's done
Back