My box was literally ran over!!!

ninjalunchbox79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Heres my problem but i dont think nothing will come of it as i didnt put any insurance on it , which ive done with 5 boxes previously. I was mailing some stuff back home from iraq to my wife priority mail , she got all the boxes back fine except one was missing. Well she got the other box and it was literally destroyed , it was ran over , and all they did was wrap it up in clear tape!!! When she opened it there was mud in it , and yea everything was destroyed. I dont think i can do anything cuz i didnt put any insurance on it , but hell the damn box was ran over . . . literally!!! Has anyone else experinced this and if so wat did you do about it??

Yell and scream at the post office, even if you had insurance they'd still try really hard to deny your claim because their insurance is a total ripoff.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']So do you think ill get any kind of reimbursment back??[/quote]

I doubt it, that's why I put insurance on everything. :(

Sometimes it's not just during delivery that a box gets damaged. It can get caught up in the equipment at a sorting facility. I ordered Halo 3 from Family Video and they used a plain paper envelope with no padding. It got caught in something and arrived inside a second bag with a note from the sorting facility saying something similar to "Oops, our bad." The game's case had a torn up corner that looked like a dog chewed on it for a few days. Everything inside was okay so I just swapped it with a Madden 06 game case.

If it looks as though it was ran over, I would bitch until they find a logical explanation to how the fuck you get a package onto the road under a damn tire. Possibly bitchslap anyone who has ever touched the package, to be safe.

Honestly, I have a friend who works for UPS, he has no idea how the hell some people (UPS included) manage to mangle packages the way they do. It isn't a hard job, and he admits it.

It suxs cuz i had a cd case in there with a shitload of 360 games , and yea there all either in pieces or cracked , so now i hav a bunch of game cases sittin at my house with no damn game in it:cry:!!! My wife was pretty upset too cuz there were some other things in there that had some sentimenal value to it. I guess ill find out in the next couple of days when she goes up there and complains . . . . lesson learned the hard way!!!

So you forgot to send one and then you sent the last one Jiffy Express right? They'll take the package AND the blame.

We really shouldn't have to buy insurance from a shipping company. It's part of the job to get a package somewhere on time and in the condition it was sent.

make sure 2 pack it better next time.i sent out a cd case 1nce 2 disc set i didnt pack it too good and the case got cracked.so i had to send another.

i think they beat up international mail on purpose, one package coming from hong kong one time looked like a bag, one side of the box was completely flat and the other balloned up, contents in it were smashed

[quote name='Newmember']make sure 2 pack it better next time.i sent out a cd case 1nce 2 disc set i didnt pack it too good and the case got cracked.so i had to send another.[/QUOTE]
Yea! Make sure to steel reinforce your packaging so it can survive being run over!z222

You honestly can't do shit.
USPS won't give you the money back, and it most likely wasn't someone at the post office's fault, so don't go bitching at them.

Just move on, and put insurance on your package next time.

That is terrible, Ninja.

In a just world, you would be able to run over that person's UPS truck with a tank, then leave a note saying, "Shit happens."

Chalk up another sour experience. I just checked my UPS tracking number and it says it was delivered but there's nothing outside. That's just fucking great. Would it be hard to get a refund or replacement if there's a tracking page saying I got the package?

i used to work at fedex, if it does not require a signature you can claim you never received as they have no proof besides the drivers word, not too many people realize this assuming that the trcking number is enough proof. Also on the route i used to run there were plenty of times the DHL guy would take them. some houses had upwards of 8 boxes sitting in the front porch he dropped his and picked another.

Ah I remember those. When I worked at the PO we had a roll of those bags. Also "damage tape". It was the cure all! Drop a fragile package? Damage tape! Step on something? Damage tape! accidently tear the cover off someone's Time Magazine, oops envelope for you!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Sometimes it's not just during delivery that a box gets damaged. It can get caught up in the equipment at a sorting facility. I ordered Halo 3 from Family Video and they used a plain paper envelope with no padding. It got caught in something and arrived inside a second bag with a note from the sorting facility saying something similar to "Oops, our bad." The game's case had a torn up corner that looked like a dog chewed on it for a few days. Everything inside was okay so I just swapped it with a Madden 06 game case.[/QUOTE]

There's so many possibilities here. It could have been backed over by any number or variety of postal trucks. It could have simply been run over by containers they transport mail in. You'd be surprised how heavy those things are. Your best bet is to bring it as is to the Postmaster and complain. Most likely he'll tell you go to hell. BUT PMs do (Or did anyway. I last worked in a Post Office over 2 years ago) have a limited amount of ability to refund money. If over a certain dollar value they can't but you might get $50 or so out of him if he's inclined to help. So I'd take a shot with that.

A. You don't need to use "literally." It would be pretty self evident that the box in question was, in fact, run over. Which should illuminate the next problem...

B. Was run over, not "ran"

Kids these days :lol:

bread's done
Back