My car got hit and runned :(

indy2029

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I work a hard day's work. Harder than most. It breaks my heart and soul to come home and see my car hit and runned. It can not longer be moved without significant repairs. And this car has only liability insurance so I'm screwed. Any thoughts? I know there is probably nothing I can do. Anybody care to share any similar experiences?

I will probably junk the car. It was such a good reliable car :(

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

no witnesses?

Get some close up shots of that damage, looks like the other guy got some damage too. He probably didn't have any insurance or was drunk when he hit you that's why he ran.

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't know much about cars, but that doesn't look that bad.[/quote]

Duh? The guys fucking rear wheel is bent inward. It's apparent you know nothing about cars.

OP, that sucks. Did anyone see anything? It looks like someone is missing an awful lot of paint from their car as well. Have you called your insurance company?

[quote name='yummytyson']aww man, an integra D= i love that car, that sucks man, hope the guy burns in hell =/[/QUOTE]

Me too. I liked it the best from all the cars I've owned. I hope the guy burns too. But it happens so frequently in Los Angeles. This just motivates me to move outta L.A. this year. I've had my car broken into, I've been robbed at gunpoint, and am sick of the pollution, the traffic, and the noisiness of this town.

I know your pain man.
Here was my beloved white integgy :cry:
Ohhh how much i miss you :-({|=

crim0071ga8.jpg

crim0072lc8.jpg

*pic taken at night on a cell phone.

Surprising mine still drove after the accident... well like 20mph tops while dragging plastic and metal anyways.
now its junked.
also liability, also screwed.

What i did? gather and begged for as much money as i could get and bought a new cheap car for the time being.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Duh? The guys fucking rear wheel is bent inward. It's apparent you know nothing about cars.

OP, that sucks. Did anyone see anything? It looks like someone is missing an awful lot of paint from their car as well. Have you called your insurance company?[/QUOTE]

YEah...The car can only be towed away since that whole rack/pinion, rear area will need work.

I have only liability insurance which covers damages I cause but does not protect my car. So I'm screwed. I figure a police report won't do squat since no one in my block saw it/cares.

[quote name='supraazn']I know your pain man.
Here was my beloved white integgy :cry:
Ohhh how much i miss you :-({|=

*pic taken at night on a cell phone.

Surprising mine still drove after the accident... well like 20mph tops while dragging plastic and metal anyways.
now its junked.
also liability, also screwed.

What i did? gather and begged for as much money as i could get and bought a new cheap car for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Dude...This car kicked so much ass. We are like brothers.

I wanna get another acura.

Hell yea me too ... i want a GSR Coupe.
That one was actually a 4D LS ... but it still kicked ass.

For the time being i'm driving a ae86 corolla (Initial D anyone?) i got for a grand.
After i work up some more cash, im gonna sell this and get a new integ.
Wouldn't Mind a RSX ... but it will take to long for me to get enough cash for that plus my insurances would be through the roof.

[quote name='supraazn']Hell yea me too ... i want a GSR Coupe.

For the time being i'm driving a ae86 corolla (Initial D anyone?) i got for a grand.
Wouldn't Mind a RSX ... but it will take to long for me to get enough cash for that plus my insurances would be through the roof.[/QUOTE]

RSX is sweet. I want a Nissan 350Z bad, but I won't be able to get that for a while. Good luck getting your ride.

[quote name='supraazn']Hell yea me too ... i want a GSR Coupe.

Wouldn't Mind a RSX ... but it will take to long for me to get enough cash for that plus my insurances would be through the roof.[/quote]

Damn man, what did you do to cause that much damage?

Acura TL owner here btw. ;)

[quote name='indy2029']RSX is sweet. I want a Nissan 350Z bad, but I won't be able to get that for a while. Good luck getting your ride.[/quote]
yea... since im only a part time worker full time student those are out of my range.
After i graduate i might if im still into them.
But before that i want to get another cheap integra or a celica.

Good luck with you you too, i know its rough after something like this.
If you don't dread over this too much and focus on getting back in the game you'll be able to do it.

@mtxbass1 45mph ain't no joke lol

A teacher at my college has a cobalt blue 350z. That guy is such a pimp, has like half a dozen new/classic sports cars. Guess retired engineers have some nice bank.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Damn man, what did you do to cause that much damage?

Acura TL owner here btw. ;)[/QUOTE]

TL is sweet! If I were to get another Acura, it'd be that or a TSX

Ive had it happen TWICE with my nissan truck... pisses me off to no end... Im sure the fuckers didnt have insurance either, but how am I to know as I wasnt there either time for the hit and run (one dented in the passenger door and wasnt noticed until next morning, one time happend at work and dented the front corner of my car, not the hood amazingly... hate it, people think only of themselves

fucking hate hit and run fuckers.
It's pretty pathetic and it happens all the time. In CT it's mandatory you have to have car insurance, it would be nice if someone actually fessed up to making a mistake so their insurance/yours would cover it. But I always have a hunch that either the person was drunk/illegal allen with no CT license/underage driver unfortunately.

[quote name='mykevermin']If this is a common occurrence, the question to be asked is: why do you only have liability?[/QUOTE]

It's very expensive to live in Los Angeles. That's not much of an excuse, but when you don't make much, every buck counts.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']if you cant afford more than just liability, i think its time to move out of cali[/quote]

What kind of response is that? You must be some 16 year old, conceded kid.

"If there is a problem, I can always just get up an leave any time I want."

:roll:

[quote name='help1']What kind of response is that? You must be some 16 year old, conceded kid.

"If there is a problem, I can always just get up an leave any time I want."

:roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree. I know it's easy to say "just give up and leave", but sometimes it's more complicated than that.

But then again, maybe you've just never had hard times and can't sympathize.

I feel bad for you indy. I remember new years eve a couple years ago, I was at a friends place and a car in front of his car got hit and runned at like 3 in the morning. The car was completely trashed. I hope everything works out for the best.

[quote name='indy2029']I agree. I know it's easy to say "just give up and leave", but sometimes it's more complicated than that.

But then again, maybe you've just never had hard times and can't sympathize.[/quote]

not to mention that the car isn't exactly new ( the integra hasn't been made for awhile). It is likely that comprehensive isn't worth it for the car's value.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I think if you live in any big city, you should have all the insurance you can get with as many tards per block there are.[/QUOTE]

True. I guess this being the first hit and run to happen to me being 27, i figured i'd be safe. But life throws so many curveballs that you never know anything. And with all the coverages that you may potentially need in life (car, fhome-fire,flood,etc, life, health, pet, property) you can never really predict what you'll need.

But you can never trust people to do the right thing.

[quote name='indy2029']True. I guess this being the first hit and run to happen to me being 27, i figured i'd be safe. But life throws so many curveballs that you never know anything. And with all the coverages that you may potentially need in life (car, fhome-fire,flood,etc, life, health, pet, property) you can never really predict what you'll need.

But you can never trust people to do the right thing.[/quote]

Life insurance and pet insurance are totally worthless. If you're not financially sound you shouldn't have a pet (by that I mean wife or dog). If you're not married then life insurance becomes worthless too.

[quote name='Magehart']Life insurance and pet insurance are totally worthless. If you're not financially sound you shouldn't have a pet (by that I mean wife or dog). If you're not married then life insurance becomes worthless too.[/quote]

Speaking of not being married...

switch to full coverage, wait 2 weeks and then be like "OH NOES INSURANCE! I CAME HOME TODAY AND MY CAR WAS TOTALLEDZ" pay your deductable....wait till the car is repaired and then switch back to liability...BAM! problem solved!

[quote name='indy2029']Me too. I liked it the best from all the cars I've owned. I hope the guy burns too. But it happens so frequently in Los Angeles. This just motivates me to move outta L.A. this year. I've had my car broken into, I've been robbed at gunpoint, and am sick of the pollution, the traffic, and the noisiness of this town.[/quote]

SOUNDS LIKE THE PLACE TO LIVE AT

[quote name='Malik112099']switch to full coverage, wait 2 weeks and then be like "OH NOES INSURANCE! I CAME HOME TODAY AND MY CAR WAS TOTALLEDZ" pay your deductable....wait till the car is repaired and then switch back to liability...BAM! problem solved![/QUOTE]

Yeah...it's not like you'd GO TO JAIL for insurance fraud.

[quote name='indy2029']YEah...The car can only be towed away since that whole rack/pinion, rear area will need work.

I have only liability insurance which covers damages I cause but does not protect my car. So I'm screwed. I figure a police report won't do squat since no one in my block saw it/cares.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Indy, this really sucks badly.

I would do a police report on your stuff. Will it do anything, probably not. But, you never know. As you said, life throws curveballs at you. You might be at a bar one day, start talking to a guy, and someone starts bragging about hit and running a car (likely no, just saying). It doesn't cost anything but a couple hours to make a police report, and only good things can come of making it.

Outside of that, I would say try and focus on the good. Far worse things could have happened to you (you could have been hit by a car, for example). Sure, it's not fun to do that, but it might help you through it.

Yeah I'd still do a police report. Why not?

And at least try to figure out what it would cost you (I have no idea) to just get it back to where it will run and make your decision based on that.

[quote name='indy2029']YEah...The car can only be towed away since that whole rack/pinion, rear area will need work.

I have only liability insurance which covers damages I cause but does not protect my car. So I'm screwed. I figure a police report won't do squat since no one in my block saw it/cares.[/QUOTE]

liability insurance huh? Man it really sucks that you lost control of your car and hit that telephone pole, scrape the other cars paint off of yours and car your insurance company.

bread's done
Back