My Cheap Ebay Game Auction

opps sorry bout that. I noticed that like right after I posted the topic. Oh well. If this were Gamefaqs I would be getting chewed out right now. I'm not doing free ship cuz I don't think I will make a whole lot anyway. If I totally wanted to lose money I'd just trade in my games at Eb or somethin.

It cost less than $3.00 on shipping & Handing or less but you charge peoples $5 on shipping. Target have 6 packs envelope for $2.99 plus taxes & $1.42 on shipping with media Mail option) It mean you make $3.00 or more on shipping. :(

No CAG shipping is STINK..... lol :)

Booooooo on the shipping.

Just like Masterkyo said, a bubble envelope will run you about $0.50 and then First Class Mail will be between $1.29 and $1.48 usually.

Well I usually do Priority which is 3.75. I send it that way because it only takes a couple of days and I know when I order stuff off there I like to recieve it pretty fast. Sorry but everythings going to be selling for cheap anyways.

[quote name='Diesel69']Well I usually do Priority which is 3.75. I send it that way because it only takes a couple of days and I know when I order stuff off there I like to recieve it pretty fast. Sorry but everythings going to be selling for cheap anyways.[/QUOTE]

Plus he gets another 1 or 2 knocked off from EBAY. Quit yer complaining. if you wanted the stuff youd bid and quit bitching.

i hate to burst all your bubbles, but you guys are off the mark. Unless you buy in bulk a bubble envelope will generally run 75 cents, and shipping at least 2 bucks. Then delivery confirmation is a necessity, another 50 cents. Then there is the time factor, and then the extra buck and change goes to coviering paypal and ebay fees. I think a fair shipping price is $5, u are only dealing with a gouger when they want another $5 (full shipping price) to combine ship.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Booooooo on the shipping.

Just like Masterkyo said, a bubble envelope will run you about $0.50 and then First Class Mail will be between $1.29 and $1.48 usually.[/QUOTE]

you guys are wrong I pay $0.96 for first class mail with dc when you print your labels from ebay or paypal and then the envelope is definately not more than a $1 or if this person went to staples you could get 12 bubble wrap envelopes for $4.25 + tax which is like 4.50 or something

Then you got ebay final value fees plus it costs money to put the stuff up and ship. It all adds up and considering everything is in great shape and is going real cheap I don't see it that big of a deal. Yes I do combine shipping. Trust me I hate getting ripped off on ebay. I think five bucks is fair. Sorry all who don't agree.

a friendly tip...if you have a digital camera, you should always include a picture of your actual item instead of the generic ebay cover shot. your item will usually get more attention and a higher final value if you include a picture...and including just one picture is free. people like to see the actual item, especially when the seller includes very little unique information in their description beyond the info that ebay provides for you.

I think it's fun that this little thread has survived in the deals forum for this long. It's a rebel fighting the good fight!

[quote name='m0dem']you guys are wrong I pay $0.96 for first class mail with dc when you print your labels from ebay or paypal and then the envelope is definately not more than a $1 or if this person went to staples you could get 12 bubble wrap envelopes for $4.25 + tax which is like 4.50 or something[/QUOTE]

yea but your using your printer ink to print off that label from ebay

Lol yea I can't believe this topic is still going. I think it worked though because I have alot of people watching my auctions. Thanks Cheapies

$4.95 shipping is perfectly reasonable. Especially when he uses priority shipping, which is stated right in the listings for those of you too lazy to read and too overly eager to complain.

In fact, it's MORE than reasonable when considering ebay fees, paypal fees, a padded mailer, delivery confirmation and time and trouble. And, considering at least 1 or 2 of his auctios will be slow or non-payers, and all other aggravations of being a seller, he's actually LOSING money at $4.95 shipping. So all you nay sayers should go fuck yourselves. There's a big difference between being a Cheapass and a cheap bastard.

Good luck on your auctions, Big D !

bread's done
Back