My Compusa Metroid from 7/1 shipped

My account was credited today, so my order was cancelled, even after I got the shipping confirmation. I'd wager that most of us are going to be in the same boat here.

Congrats to you lucky bastards who actually get yours!

I ordered one copy of Metroid... mine is still "open" but they have not credited me the money back yet.... ohpleaseohpleaseohplease ship

Got mine today!!! Too bad the packing slip doesn't say anything about the price. I coulda used it to price match for sure (would look more legit than a printout screenshot) to get more copies. Oh well, one Metroid Prime Hunters for .98 plus shipping is hard to complain about.

Oh shnap, who wants to be my first stylus frag ever?

I was credited back my money but my order still says open... I'm assuming that it's officially cancelled then?

I'm going to go on the record as blaming the guy who sent in that complaint email... just to make myself feel better :)

[quote name='MOTORCITY_MADMAN']Looks like this guy got all 12 of his in today :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metroid-Prime-Hunters-Nintendo-DS-NEW-Sealed_W0QQitemZ270005289836QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

And he hasn't sold any, so they're new stock. That really sucks! Here I ordered only 1 copy and I had my order seemingly pulled after the shipping info was sent.

Seems like those who had an estimated delivery on the 6th made it, and those with a 7th never made it to the truck.

EDIT: MeltedBanana, if you're reading this, you're a scumbag.

Got my Ice Age and Metroid today....both for .98!!!

I finally got a deal from CAG after missing them for the last 2 years!!

[quote name='bradr']If CompUSA really sent him all 12 @ .98 he ordered, then CompUSA is messed up ... choosing to satisfy one customer when they could have fulfilled 12 other customers.[/QUOTE]

Actually comp USA is smart - imagine how much extra profit they are making on shipping to one address rather then 12?

[quote name='gaelan']got my shit worked out with compusa, and my games arrived today.[/quote]
Did you have a tracking number that worked?

WTF....... I checked my account again and they charged the money back after taking it off this morning.... Still nothing on the original tracking number just: Jul 3, 2006 5:01 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Wow that's one lucky mofo if he got 12 copies shipped...... Most people can't even get one.....

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Actually comp USA is smart - imagine how much extra profit they are making on shipping to one address rather then 12?[/QUOTE]

True. I guess we all should have ordered 100, that way we all would have gotten them!

I got my copy today! Deal of the year for those who got it.
A pity for those that ordered and are true CAGers (aka non-hoarders and legitmiate posters)

[quote name='raregamergirl']That guy who ordered 12 is a member over at digitpress. He is also selling them over there for like $22 shipped or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a deal :roll:

He might as well just put them up on Ebay. Hm, he's selling them at just about Ebay prices anyways, so I guess he's just avoiding the fees. I mean, he got 12 of them, even at $15 a piece he'd still make a large profit.

[quote name='raregamergirl']That guy who ordered 12 is a member over at digitpress. He is also selling them over there for like $22 shipped or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Actually, no that member at Digitpress is me, my eBay name is GrandAmChandler. And obviously, if you check none are for sale on eBay.

Sorry but it's not me! I didn't order 12!

[quote name='grandamchandler']Actually, no that member at Digitpress is me, my eBay name is GrandAmChandler. And obviously, if you check none are for sale on eBay.

Sorry but it's not me! I didn't order 12![/QUOTE]

You're directly contradicting yourself. First you say its you and then you say you didn't order 12...

[quote name='raregamergirl']That guy who ordered 12 is a member over at digitpress. He is also selling them over there for like $22 shipped or something like that.[/quote]

good for him/her

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You're directly contradicting yourself. First you say its you and then you say you didn't order 12...[/quote]

he/she probably read the entire thread and figured that out

Ok, maybe it isnt the person from DP. they are selling them over there for like $22 shipped or whatever (not saying this is a good deal and obviously not telling anyone at all to go buy one, quite the opposite) and the guy said he has as many as someone wants (he says however many you want). Since the price was so similar and I assume that they wouldnt be dumb enough to mail 10+ to more than one person, I assumed it was the same user. I never said it was a good thing at all, I think its ridiculous, I was simply putting the info out there. Don't shoot the messenger.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Ok, maybe it isnt the person from DP. they are selling them over there for like $22 shipped or whatever (not saying this is a good deal and obviously not telling anyone at all to go buy one, quite the opposite) and the guy said he has as many as someone wants (he says however many you want). Since the price was so similar and I assume that they wouldnt be dumb enough to mail 10+ to more than one person, I assumed it was the same user. I never said it was a good thing at all, I think its ridiculous, I was simply putting the info out there. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote]

no shooting of the messenger...$22 shipped is a decent price imo if you don't pay attention to compusa price.

I ordered at 5:56 AM and mine still shows "open". :bomb:

I had figured the whole thing was dead as no one was commenting in the deal thread - then I noticed it was closed and just found this one now. Amazing that people have actually gotten these things - but BS if they fulfilled some but not others - especially those that got in really early.

I wonder, though, has anyone gotten Ice Age delivered too? I wonder if ordering that at the same time is causing the delay (for whatever reason)?

[quote name='gaelan']no shooting of the messenger...$22 shipped is a decent price imo if you don't pay attention to compusa price.[/QUOTE]

Correct. With retail not budging on the price of $34.99, I'd say $22 shipped to your door (or even that guy on eBay that you pointed out who is selling them for $25 shipped) is still a good deal.

Once again, just for reference, no the dude on eBay is not me.

[quote name='grandamchandler']Correct. With retail not budging on the price of $34.99, I'd say $22 shipped to your door (or even that guy on eBay that you pointed out who is selling them for $25 shipped) is still a good deal.

Once again, just for reference, no the dude on eBay is not me.[/QUOTE]

So I guess that possibly makes at least two people who CompUSA sent over 10+ copies of Metroid Prime Hunters to while shafting others who only ordered one copy? :roll:

* It does seem that the earlier you ordered, the less chance that your order will be fulfilled.

The tracking on my order still shows that it's not in transit, but my card has been charged. I better find something from Fedex on my doorstep when I get home tonight or that charge needs to come off my card!!!

[quote name='pcgirl']The tracking on my order still shows that it's not in transit, but my card has been charged. I better find something from Fedex on my doorstep when I get home tonight or that charge needs to come off my card!!![/quote]

Same here,
The charge is on my credit card, and my order is still just info sent.
Also I emailed the guy w/ 12 on Ebay, his order went through at 6:07 he said, so some earlier orders seemed to have made it through. I think it was just a crap shoot as to what orders they were able to find and pull, and some luckily made it. Tried to get him to sell one to me for a decent deal, but to no avail. C'est la vie. Please no one flame him just cuz he got lucky or bought a bunch. We all had the same chance, but some just made it through and some didn't.

To the OP who posted the deal on Saturday:

I just got my two Metroids. You don't happen to have an Advance Wars DS from CC to trade with me, do you?

If yours never comes, I'd be willing to sell you one for 9 dollars. 10 dollars if you want $35 worth of insurance.

To everybody else:

Anyone have an Advance Wars DS from CC to trade for one of my Metroid Hunters?

Also, sell an extra to the OP, so I don't have to. ;)

[quote name='Rimmit']
C'est la vie. Please no one flame him just cuz he got lucky or bought a bunch. We all had the same chance, but some just made it through and some didn't.[/QUOTE]

It flies against the spirit of the site is why it's wrong. It quickly went OOS. People who wanted it to play, were out of luck. And it's not like this guy found these at his local store, he would have never seen this if the original poster hadn't posted it here. And what if the OP had just boughten them all? He could have made all the money (and at least he would have deserved it for finding) and no one here would have gotten one. Web based finds would never exist on CAG because OP would just always buy the entire stock for ebay. Plus, for all we know, they may have started pulling orders after noticing some really large orders and going WTF and finially looking (and ruining it for everyone). Sorry for the derailment.

Agree with others though. My package better mysteriously appear on the doorstep tonight or they're getting an e-mail to erase the freaking charge.

To the people who have gotten their orders: did you all get the email saying it would ship? Mine still says "open", but i'm hoping there's still a chance. Did anyone get theirs without the update appearing on the order page?

hmm...

[quote name='catapult37']To the people who have gotten their orders: did you all get the email saying it would ship? Mine still says, "open", but I’m hoping there's still a chance. Did anyone get his or hers without the update appearing on the order page?

Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Mine said open so I called Wed or Thur to see how long it takes to process an order she says 1-2 days. I said I place an order on 7-1-06 at 5:55:09 am. She said let me investigate it. After 4-5 mins she comes back and said the warehouse will process it today. Later that days it changed from open to shipped.

Noon today, bam, Ice age and metriod are here.

For all that is decent and fair don't call up and cause a ruckas cause if they have honored this deal and the previous Rugby deal they are showing themselves an honorable company. (More than most company's) Just be reasonable. If they are out of stock inquire as to when they might be in stock to fill orders and probably don't mention this site (more negatives than benefits) If they said change in policy chuck it up and move on.

They HAVE honored this deal for at least some and they have honored that Rugby deal. Lets not give them a reason not to be honorable in the future. Thank you everyone for using discretion.

1-800-653-3831

Hi floormat -- thanks for the advice.

I thought I'd report my findings just in case anyone else was thinking of trying this. I did just as you said -- merely inquired about the order status and was very polite. She said there was a web error (which of course I knew but I didn't say so!) and that the vendor was cancelling most of the orders. She said it did make it to the warehouse (interpret that how you will) so there is a possibility it may still ship, but there will be no guarantees. She said if the order gets cancelled I would probably get an email to that effect, so for those of you who have not yet gotten an email either way, there is still a wee bit of hope. That's probably the best any of us can hope for.

Thanks...

I called as well, and got the same response. She said it was a web error, and that the items were pulled from shipping at the wherehouse. She said she was willing to even reenter the order, but the wherehouse is already alerted and would pull the order immediately. she was really helpful, but said the order would likely not get out.

I just called and they said it hasn't shipped from the Warehouse but it will soon. We'll see. Didn't say they were working on it or anything - I think she just saw that it was 'open' and that means it will go out eventually (if it isn't cancelled :D).

As expected, mine didn't arrive today. Would be nice if they'd just cancel it, but I guess I'll just sit tight until Monday.

I don't know why I even try on these great price internet deals. I always end up wasting time getting things straigtened out and no product.

I guess I got lucky. I received my order for one copy yesterday. Shipped via FedEx and charged the correct amount on my credit card.

I've noticed a few more BIN eBay auctions for Prime Hunters $25ish shipped, but a few dissapeared as well. No HK auctions either. Alot of people scored to sell on eBay I guess. Shame.

[quote name='floormat']If I felt like signing up for that formum i'd post a link saying looke here get your won for 98 cent just like he did

=P

save $21.01[/QUOTE]

And then I'd register and post right under you and say:

What the hell language is that supposed to be, English?

Seriously though, screwing hording, and hopefully the OP made out okay.

Does anyone want to trade an advance wars for a metroid prime? I've got an advance wars from the CC sale I'd be willing to let go of for MPH.

[quote name='floormat']Mine said open so I called Wed or Thur to see how long it takes to process an order she says 1-2 days. I said I place an order on 7-1-06 at 5:55:09 am. She said let me investigate it. After 4-5 mins she comes back and said the warehouse will process it today. Later that days it changed from open to shipped.

Noon today, bam, Ice age and metriod are here.

For all that is decent and fair don't call up and cause a ruckas cause if they have honored this deal and the previous Rugby deal they are showing themselves an honorable company. (More than most company's) Just be reasonable. If they are out of stock inquire as to when they might be in stock to fill orders and probably don't mention this site (more negatives than benefits) If they said change in policy chuck it up and move on.

They HAVE honored this deal for at least some and they have honored that Rugby deal. Lets not give them a reason not to be honorable in the future. Thank you everyone for using discretion.

1-800-653-3831[/quote]
I ordered a harddrive from that out-of-the-blue midnight sale they had June 30th. It's still open and it should have shipped sometime this week. Guess I'll be calling them tomorrow.

bread's done
Back