My computer is broken.

yellowaznboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
It's running extremely sluggishly. I know there are spyware and trojans on my computer, but I can't get rid of them. When I open up IE, certain words on webpages are highlighted/links. In addition, there's a browser extension called "browse2search.com bar" or something like that that I never installed and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I keep getting popups and everything generally runs poorly. I've run virus scans and spyware programs to kill off most of them, but they continue to plague my poor, 8-year old computer.

I'm currently running in Safe Mode. If anyone has any suggestions, besides purchasing a new computer, I would appreciate any input.

Get a little program called hijack this and delete anything that looks like it's associated with that searchbar. Careful that you don't delete anything you need though.

Also get ad-aware to remove the spyware on your machine.

And I reccomend AnitVir for taking out any possible viruses.

You're computer isn't broken. You may just need to re-format in a worst case scenario.

You still have to get rid of what's there. Download and install AdAware, Spybot, and AVG Anti-Virus. Reboot into safe mode and run those programs. That's your best bet.

bread's done
Back