My computer sucks

FallMoon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
When I play the Sims 2, it takes 10-20 minutes for my family to load. I can't even do anything when my family finally loads. How can I get rid of lag? I have everything closed when I play, but it still lags like hell. How can I get rid of this lag?

What is your processor speed, hard drive size, and memory size? Also how much video memory do you have?

Go into your control panel and click on system, it should give you the numbers. If it does not say this or better, you can forget about playing sims.

* 800 MHz processor
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP
* 128 MB RAM if Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (such as TNT2, Intel, or Rage for example) then you need at least:

* 2.0 GHz processor
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP
* 128 MB RAM if Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space

Recommened video cards (and the more video memory the better):

* ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
* Nvidia Geforce 4

Everything should be in system in the control panel. Or it could be on a sticker on the front of your tower.

[quote name='FallMoon']Everything but the mgz is on the front of the tower. The GHz is there.[/QUOTE]

1000MHz = 1GHz, so they're pretty much the same thing.

From what I'm reading, The Sims 2 will load slow for you no matter what.

My guessed specs for your PC:

1.8 or 2.0 GHz P IV
256 MB RAM
XX HD
Integrated Graphics
Integrated MOBO Sound

Your PC will probably not be able to handle Sims 2 in its lifetime, lest you wish to upgrade the processor, RAM, AND graphics card. If you have integrated graphics and a mere 256 MB stick of memory, chances are high that your PC may not even have an AGP slot for upgrade, but rather an extremely-out-of-date-for-graphics PCI slot. PCI is virtually useless for gaming now, except for maybe UT2K3.

If you really want to run The Sims 2 at a nice, smooth speed with good options enabled, I'd suggest a new PC. Thankfully, practically any new PC bought today can support The Sims 2.

You should have had a bare minimum of 512 Ram back in 2003 if not 1GB. Now adays 1GB is the minimum and will be a bit more once Vista comes out. Since it sounds like you would need to upgrade quite a bit (i.e. most of your computer), it might just be worth waiting till Vista is out and upgrading or at least until August when all the back to school specials on computers start rolling out (especially for Vista).

[quote name='Apossum']tried scanning my wii. didn't work.[/QUOTE]
Is your WII running on IE?

bread's done
Back