my day in Houston (the woodlands area)

ecmazza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I was in the Woodlands area (just outside Houston) for some business this week and before heading home I decided to see if I could locate another controller, etc for my Wii (I am not trying to flame).

Anyway, I ended up going into 3 stores (EB Games, Gamestop, Toys R Us) and at each store the following happened:

Random dude: (sees signs that says store has PS3's) - do you guys have PS3?

Clerk: Yes (RD gets real excited look on face)

RD: the 60 gig version?

Clerk: Yes, would you like one?

RD: (pause...serious look on face...longer pause) - no.

One guy said he needed to check with his wife and then when he came back said he wasn't allowed to get one. I thought that was funny.

But what I think I was seeing was people who had been kinda looking for PS3's get really excited when they saw they could purchase one and then getting an extreme case of sticker shock. It was like they almost liked the "thrill of the chase" in trying to locate a PS3 than anything else. Then when the time came for them to put down the big bucks they backed out.

Granted, they all did look a little sad about not getting one, but at each store the RD left w/o a PS3...

I dunno. I like mine, but my wallet could totally relate to how these guys felt today...

bread's done
Back