My Deals...let me show you them!

ansomatica

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
It may not be very Canadian to brag, but what about politely sharing the crazy deals you're most proud of? Whether at a yard sale, thrift store or as in this case a local video store, if you got a steal of a deal - POST IT!

2.jpg

$2.99 each with no scrapes or scratches!

Best deal I've gotten that I can recall was probably from the Future Shop website screwup from a few years back now, where adding a blank blu-ray to the order gave $50 off the order total. Got three or four games from that basically free, including Super Mario Galaxy for $24, Zack & Wiki for $4, DDR X360 for $4... Don't remember the four one. Plus, I ended up with a small pile of blank blu-rays that I eBayed for something like $10 each. Quite the deal.

Beauty deal! I know I paid like $40 or so for ICO in a CAG lowball sale, and I've yet to play it haha. A more recent deal I got in on was the LotR Trilogy on BR for $18.99 at Future Shop! Really surprised they honoured the order, and I would've preferred the Extended Editions, but for $23.71 I can't complain!

Yeah, I was pretty proud of the LotR BR Trilogy for $18.99 too. Just Cause 2 for $39.98 wasn't a steal of a deal, but I'm really enjoying it so it was better than paying full price.

I'm not sure about Suikoden Tactics but Ico is a really rare game and its a masterpiece, kudos.

The only purchase that I would consider an outstanding deal is my ordering a 160gb fat PS3 with Uncharted, LBP GotY, and Ratchet and Clank CiT from Bestbuy.ca on boxing day but they ran out of inventory.

To make up for this inconvenience they instead sent me a 250GB slim PS3 along with the 3 games for the same price of $300. That is the only decent deal I remember getting because a 250GB slim alone costs $350.

holy shit
didn't know Ico was worth so much
I still have it brand new sealed
bought it at Costco couple years ago for $10

[quote name='foxmcloud']holy shit
didn't know Ico was worth so much
I still have it brand new sealed
bought it at Costco couple years ago for $10[/QUOTE]

You should sell that to me for $40 lol

The best one I can think of would be getting Infamous and Killzone 2 for $15 a peice at RP. It was back last September when Rogers was giving away a coupon book with Halo 3 ODST, and one of the coupons was "buy 2 used 360 games, get them both for 50% off". Killzone 2 and Infamous dropped to $30 a peice while the coupon was active, so I gave it a shot and it worked on PS3 games. I was totally stoked.

my best deal was def. that Zellers fuck up (buy two 59.99 games or less for $30)
I bought 8 games (most of them came out the same week)
some people abused of this fuck up

mw2 for free? (kind of design contest)

maybe mgs4le for $20 which is on sale this weekend at FS (& i'm not even into mgs, but i want to see the behind the scenes+extras)

& well... goozex half off points sale in feb made me join, scored a few REALLY cheap used ps3 games (on top of the already nice point value of the games)

Just picked up LBP GoTY Edition for $15 which I thought was an awesome deal (The Source clearance that I price matched at Walmart).

Last week Walmart also had a price error on Uncharted 2, well not exactly. They had the Uncharted 1 label in front of Uncharted 2 and I talked them into selling it to me for that price since it was their mess up on the labeling. So I got it for $29.83 new which is great deal as well imo.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Just picked up LBP GoTY Edition for $15 which I thought was an awesome deal (The Source clearance that I price matched at Walmart).

Last week Walmart also had a price error on Uncharted 2, well not exactly. They had the Uncharted 1 label in front of Uncharted 2 and I talked them into selling it to me for that price since it was their mess up on the labeling. So I got it for $29.83 new which is great deal as well imo.[/QUOTE]

They didn't mess up the label; the label was correct, they just had Uncharted 2 in the wrong spot, nothing to argue over. You got really lucky.

My best deal was on boxing day at Zellers. They had in their ads, a PS3 controller with Ratchet and Clank for $60, but it turned out that it was misprinted and it was actually for $30. Since nobody knew about it unless they came into the store, I was one of a few people that got the controller with Ratchet and Clank for $30!

I got a Prestige Edition of Modern Warfare 2 from Activision through a Twitter contest. All I had to do was retweet something and an hour later Activision was sending me my NVGs :)

Snagged the following from Gamestop a few days ago:

Suikoden 3 - $3.99
Suikoden 4 - $7.99
Ico - $3.99 (not original case..had plain black case..Guess that's why nobody bought it. :D).

bread's done
Back