MY DOG ATE MY NEW IPOD!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
I just got home to day to see that my new iPod came!! But the only problem was my dog had it!! So it was a new 20 gig straight from Apple. MY brother owned a buisness so he made it so you do not have to sign for a package. He was under 18. Is this a violation of Fed Ex policies? So anyone have any ideas what I can do. This is the most expensive thing I have ever bought on the internet and the first time I have ever had a problem like this. The actual iPod works but it is scratched up and everything else is messed up, wires case etc. Any ideas on what to do?

[quote name='karmapolice620']Well...If fedex didnt have anyone sign for it and they just left it then they are liable for anything that happens to it...Their policy is to have someone sign for it THEN you get the package...[/quote]
My brother had made an account change so the signature was automatically skipped. But fed ex didn't even ring the door bell or anything!! UPS did and that package was fine!!

Ouch jon. That sucks. The good thing is that he is a really rich. His brother made $50.000 in the twelth grade. Hes rich$$$$$.

I used to tell my teachers that my homework ate my dog and now they were both at the vet... it never really worked and now I'm taking calculus again in college

LOL, Call up Apple and tell them your dog ate your ipod, they;ll understand and send you another one. Don't worry kid this kinda thing happens every day........

If you have a release on the your house as you said then Fedex will not do anything. UPS is different in that they zone out areas they feel are safe to leave a package. Ringing the doorbell is something you can't fight. My doorbell doesn't always work right. I worked with UPS and Fedex for 4 years in shipping, they can be very tough about claims even if they are at fault. The only protection I have found against things like this is AMEX since they cover all purchases.

A few days ago somebody posted an auction where parents were selling the kid's PS2 to cover damages to their stuff.

So just sell some of your dog's stuff to get even.

I'm a little late but I always though Pwned was just owned but more so, a 'P' because its the next letter in the alphabet, its like getting owned but even more so.

[quote name='maxflight']it is possible that the fedex dude chewed it up[/quote]

Maybe we're finally getting to the true story here!

Then again maybe the dog just somehow knew, like the rest of us, that Apple does indeed suck.

Can you imagine how bad this guy must feel though. He finds his brand new ipod chewed up by his dog and decides to get help from us users on CAG, and all he gets is laughed at. I really like the idea about chewing the dogs toys in front of it though, maybe the toys would still have a faint taste of ipod on them...

[quote name='basketkase543']You can try downloading some mp3s into the dogs ass and check if he will play them for you.[/quote]

ZING! The hits just keep on coming.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Then again maybe the dog just somehow knew, like the rest of us, that Apple does indeed suck.[/quote]
Maybe my dog is not stupid after all!!!!

When my dog was a puppy, he chewed up the printer cord to my computer the night before a big paper was due. The next morning I had to tell my professor I couldn't print out my paper because I didn't want to get electrocuted. He said he would let the class decide if it was a worthy excuse, and they did. There was a surprising number of people who's dogs had chewed stuff up too.

Sorry, but its not Fed Ex's problem. Last I checked, YOUR dog chewed it up, not them. Why should they (or apple) have to pay for a nw one becaue of something your dog did?

[quote name='spookyhurst']When my dog was a puppy, he chewed up the printer cord to my computer the night before a big paper was due. The next morning I had to tell my professor I couldn't print out my paper because I didn't want to get electrocuted. He said he would let the class decide if it was a worthy excuse, and they did. There was a surprising number of people who's dogs had chewed stuff up too.[/quote]

i had a rabbit that chewed up my a/c adaptor cord to my sega saturn, and i couldnt finish a report that was based on dragon force, no one felt sorry for me, for all i was doing was playing games any ways...

[quote name='gizmogc']Sorry, but its not Fed Ex's problem. Last I checked, YOUR dog chewed it up, not them. Why should they (or apple) have to pay for a nw one becaue of something your dog did?[/quote]

yep, i 2nd that. its hard to blame it on the messenger when its your dog that chewed it up. just like when i blamed my alarm clock in college my profs would say "if you REALLY wanted to "blank" you'd put more of an effort in it" so... you should of been home or found out when he was delivering it bro.

[quote name='rimsforsale'][quote name='spookyhurst']When my dog was a puppy, he chewed up the printer cord to my computer the night before a big paper was due. The next morning I had to tell my professor I couldn't print out my paper because I didn't want to get electrocuted. He said he would let the class decide if it was a worthy excuse, and they did. There was a surprising number of people who's dogs had chewed stuff up too.[/quote]

i had a rabbit that chewed up my a/c adaptor cord to my sega saturn, and i couldnt finish a report that was based on dragon force, no one felt sorry for me, for all i was doing was playing games any ways...

[quote name='gizmogc']Sorry, but its not Fed Ex's problem. Last I checked, YOUR dog chewed it up, not them. Why should they (or apple) have to pay for a nw one becaue of something your dog did?[/quote]

yep, i 2nd that. its hard to blame it on the messenger when its your dog that chewed it up. just like when i blamed my alarm clock in college my profs would say "if you REALLY wanted to "blank" you'd put more of an effort in it" so... you should of been home or found out when he was delivering it bro.[/quote]

It was supposed to be deliverd the next day, and I was expecting it then. Then it came to my house at 10 in the morning that day.

Is that what you would really do if you were in my place?? I am thinking that some type of insurance should cover it. Do you disagree with that?

[quote name='Tennisjon2002'][quote name='gizmogc']Sorry, but its not Fed Ex's problem. Last I checked, YOUR dog chewed it up, not them. Why should they (or apple) have to pay for a nw one becaue of something your dog did?[/quote]
Is that what you would really do if you were in my place?? I am thinking that some type of insurance should cover it. Do you disagree with that?[/quote]

In all honesty you should check with your credit card company to see if they cover purchases because sometimes they do.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Tennisjon2002'][quote name='gizmogc']Sorry, but its not Fed Ex's problem. Last I checked, YOUR dog chewed it up, not them. Why should they (or apple) have to pay for a nw one becaue of something your dog did?[/quote]
Is that what you would really do if you were in my place?? I am thinking that some type of insurance should cover it. Do you disagree with that?[/quote]

In all honesty you should check with your credit card company to see if they cover purchases because sometimes they do.[/quote]
I already filed a discover claim (the credit card I bought it with)

So because the Post Office delivered it EARLY, its there fault? If it came perfect (your dog not eating it), you would hve been happy to play with it a whole day before you could. YOUR dog chewed it up. The mailman didn't. The mailman did his job. He can't wait there for you to get home.

[quote name='gizmogc']So because the Post Office delivered it EARLY, its there fault? If it came perfect (your dog not eating it), you would hve been happy to play with it a whole day before you could. YOUR dog chewed it up. The mailman didn't. The mailman did his job. He can't wait there for you to get home.[/quote]

I know it is kind of complicated and there are 2 completly different ways 2 look at it but fed ex also didn't even ring the door bell. i got a delivery from UPS a few min earlier and it went fine

Fed Ex should be held responsible for this; if they didn't get a signature, it'd be the same if someone walked along and stole it... That's WHY they are supposed to get signatures, to insure it is actually delivered.

Anyways I hope it works out for you one way or the other, man. g'luck

My Fedex story:

I ordered a DDR mat, and Fedex was delivering it. I was keeping an eye on the tracking number on the net, and it suddenly said the package had been delivered. I clicked to see who signed for it, and it said "Door." Whether my front door signed its name or verbally accepted it, I do not know, but needless to say I was impressed with its newfound talents. The delivery time was listed as 6:30 PM, roughly 30 minutes before I arrived home that day, but there was no package. It's possible someone stole it during that time, but not likely. It was a big heavy box, and I doubt someone would have the cajones to steal it when they could so easily be caught by me or a neighbor. Anyhoo, according to Fedex policy (as I found it on their website), front doors aren't allowed to sign for packages at apartment complexes. So I called Fedex, and they said they would call the driver and see where he put it. After several days, I called back and was told they couldn't locate the driver, and that I needed to file a claim. Eventually I got reimbursed, but I have no doubts that the package was never delivered. Maybe the Fedex guy shoved it under a bridge, or under his front porch with the rest of the stuff he didn't deliver.

Now to an interesting anecdote. It was clearly stated on the Fedex website that they couldn't leave a package at an apartment without a signature, and the two customer reps I talked to confirmed it, and said the delivery guy was wrong to leave it at the door. But when I looked at the Fedex site recently, I could not find anything about it. The best I could come up with was that you can ask for proof of signature, and they'll send you a copy of the actual signature. But it also said they weren't liable if they couldn't find the signature. Someone I know had a problem with a Fedex delivery, and the customer service rep said Fedex broke no policies by leaving her package at the door (in a terrential downpour no less). It sounds to me like they may have had a few to many claims filed against them and changed their policy to cover their butts.

[quote name='gizmogc']So because the Post Office delivered it EARLY, its there fault? If it came perfect (your dog not eating it), you would hve been happy to play with it a whole day before you could. YOUR dog chewed it up. The mailman didn't. The mailman did his job. He can't wait there for you to get home.[/quote]

Are you offering any solutions or are you just criticizing. Yeah sure I made a couple jokes but all you're doing is trying to start an arguement and really not adding anything to the mix at all.

I am out of town but just got word from the rents a new iPod came!! No letter emails etc just a new iPod? Fed ex actually rang the doorbell this time so my mom got the door and the iPod. I don't even know if it was apple or fed ex or discover but somehow a new iPod came. i will look into it further on friday and I haven't checked if I was charged on my credit card. Hopefully they won't ask for the other 1 back.

Yay abdication of responsibility!

It's YOUR fault your dog ate your package. Not Apple's, not Discover's. Hell, it's not even your dog's fault - it's just doing what comes naturally to it, and it's your responsibility to have trained it to leave stuff like that alone. But congratulations on getting someone else to pay for your failings as a dog owner!

It's The American Way (tm).

seppo

[quote name='helava']Yay abdication of responsibility!

It's YOUR fault your dog ate your package. Not Apple's, not Discover's. Hell, it's not even your dog's fault - it's just doing what comes naturally to it, and it's your responsibility to have trained it to leave stuff like that alone. But congratulations on getting someone else to pay for your failings as a dog owner!

seppo[/quote]
It is Fed Ex's fault, they are supposed to get signatures to be sure the product was delivered. The package was ruined because of the incompetent Fed Ex employee (or the higher ups that make him or her rush so fast time isn't given to be sure the people get the packages)

Nonsense. According to the guy whose iPod was ruined, his brother ok'ed FedEx to drop packages off without a signature. The FedEx guy did exactly as he was supposed to, and now this guy's saying well, he shouldn't have left it, 'cause he should have been psychic and known his dog was gonna chew it up? Come on. Just take responsibility for it. The guy said all that was wrong was that it was scratched, and some of the stuff that's relatively cheap to replace was damaged. So, that's the price he pays for screwing up. Why the hell should FedEx/Apple/Discover pay that price because *he* screwed up? That's absurd.

seppo

[quote name='helava']Yay abdication of responsibility!

seppo[/quote]

Some credit cards have a policy that they will replace items that are accidently broken. One commercial that comes to mind is of a lady who knocks over a vase she just bought, and her credit card company pays for a replacement. However, I have no idea if Discover has this policy or not. But if they do, what's wrong with taking advantage of it?

And if I may ask Tennisjohn, why do you hope they don't want the old ipod back? If it's broke, why do you want to keep it?

[quote name='spookyhurst'][quote name='helava']Yay abdication of responsibility!

seppo[/quote]

Some credit cards have a policy that they will replace items that are accidently broken. One commercial that comes to mind is of a lady who knocks over a vase she just bought, and her credit card company pays for a replacement. However, I have no idea if Discover has this policy or not. But if they do, what's wrong with taking advantage of it?

And if I may ask Tennisjohn, why do you hope they don't want the old ipod back? If it's broke, why do you want to keep it?[/quote]

Its not broken just scratched and all the accessories have chew marks and stuff.

Can someone interpret this fed ex policy for me?

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/express/faq/tracking.html#anchortag16

"Packages with a declared value over $100 US$ are ineligible for signature release. In these cases, FedEx must receive a valid signature. This is also true for several service options, like COD (Collect On Delivery), Dangerous Goods, etc. "

Would that mean if Apple declared a value of over $100 on the iPod (they should have) than it should have been required to get a signature even though I have the signature realease??? That is how I interpreted it!

Well, I dont think Apple or discover should have to pay for a new IPod. Apple did their duty, and Discover processed the payment correctly.

If fedex delivered improperly then they WOULD be liable for a new ipod, but even if they did I still think it is not their fault.

Sorry to say but tough shit happens. YOUR DOG ATE YOUR IPOD like someone said earlier. Dont try to place the damn blame on someone else. A key to growing up is to take things as they come,and change them when need be. You knew you had an Ipod on its way. I dont know a SINGLE PERSON who doesnt eagerly await things being shipped to them that are actually valuable. EX: When my computer was getting shipped to me I checked everyday for it, and when it came 2-days early of course I was ready. And you are at fault for the Ipod being ruined, your dog shouldnt be ripping into packages like that. Given its 7-Months old, I know what that like with a couple labs, so thats just natrues fault.

Sorry if it sounds like I went off on a tangent, but tough shit happens and it sucks when people try to law blame where its not due. Fedex MAY and most likely IS responsible for refunding your IPod if need be. Apple and Discover are in the clear, although like someone said Discover may have some policy to refund purchases like that. In which case, here I come discover card :)

Oh and in any situation it sucks that your Ipod got eaten, we are gettign my dad one for fathers day, and its pretty damn expensive.

[quote name='Darkfire001']Well, I dont think Apple or discover should have to pay for a new IPod. Apple did their duty, and Discover processed the payment correctly.

If fedex delivered improperly then they WOULD be liable for a new ipod, but even if they did I still think it is not their fault.

Sorry to say but tough shit happens. YOUR DOG ATE YOUR IPOD like someone said earlier. Dont try to place the damn blame on someone else. A key to growing up is to take things as they come,and change them when need be. You knew you had an Ipod on its way. I dont know a SINGLE PERSON who doesnt eagerly await things being shipped to them that are actually valuable. EX: When my computer was getting shipped to me I checked everyday for it, and when it came 2-days early of course I was ready. And you are at fault for the Ipod being ruined, your dog shouldnt be ripping into packages like that. Given its 7-Months old, I know what that like with a couple labs, so thats just natrues fault.

Sorry if it sounds like I went off on a tangent, but tough shit happens and it sucks when people try to law blame where its not due. Fedex MAY and most likely IS responsible for refunding your IPod if need be. Apple and Discover are in the clear, although like someone said Discover may have some policy to refund purchases like that. In which case, here I come discover card :)

Oh and in any situation it sucks that your Ipod got eaten, we are gettign my dad one for fathers day, and its pretty damn expensive.[/quote]

I respect your opinon. And I was awaiting it, it came a day early but the thing is there was someone home to get it. They didn't ring the doorbell!!. I know I can't fight taht though but earlier on the same day I got a UPS order and they rang the doorbell and it went fine. Same thing happend with the second iPod, it went fine. I had a sub driver on the day my dog ate.

What is ur opinon the fed ex policy I just posted?

[quote name='basketkase543']You can try downloading some mp3s into the dogs ass and check if he will play them for you.[/quote]

[quote name='spookyhurst']I was keeping an eye on the tracking number on the net, and it suddenly said the package had been delivered. I clicked to see who signed for it, and it said "Door." Whether my front door signed its name or verbally accepted it, I do not know, but needless to say I was impressed with its newfound talents. [/quote]

Thanks for the laughs guys.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']Can someone interpret this fed ex policy for me?

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/express/faq/tracking.html#anchortag16

"Packages with a declared value over $100 US$ are ineligible for signature release. In these cases, FedEx must receive a valid signature. This is also true for several service options, like COD (Collect On Delivery), Dangerous Goods, etc. "

Would that mean if Apple declared a value of over $100 on the iPod (they should have) than it should have been required to get a signature even though I have the signature realease??? That is how I interpreted it![/quote]

If FedEx screws the pooch delivering a package, they'll reimburse you up to $100 unless you declare a higher value amount. However to declare a higher value it costs you something like $0.50/$100 declared.

Figure that A. An I-pod costs what, $200?.. for Apple to get reimbursed that extra $100, they'd have to pay $1.00 extra for every I-pod they ship. Unless Fed-ex is screwing up 1 out every 100 shipments (highly unlikely), its cheaper for Apple to just take the minimum $100 and replace the I-pod.

And, B. Fed-ex never actually pays up, they just come up with some cock-and-bull excuse at to why it was not their fault and don't pay you a dime.

So in summary, Apple wouldn't declare a value as a smart business decision.

[quote name='spookyhurst']My Fedex story:

I ordered a DDR mat, and Fedex was delivering it. I was keeping an eye on the tracking number on the net, and it suddenly said the package had been delivered. I clicked to see who signed for it, and it said "Door."..............[/quote]

when i read this i spit my pepsi all over my keyboard. you owe me $20 for my keyboard.

i would like to know have you filed a claim yet? you should file to both your creditcard co. and Fedex and get to it. hope your not lagging on this board, i.e. all talk and no walk dude.

[quote name='rimsforsale']i would like to know have you filed a claim yet? you should file to both your creditcard co. and Fedex and get to it. hope your not lagging on this board, i.e. all talk and no walk dude.[/quote]
I filed both. New iPod came

bread's done
Back