My Ebay auction: FFXI Strategy guide

I just had a guy steal one of these from me on eBay :( He paid by eCheck...got the Zelda DS and then cancelled it after he received the item. eBay cancelled his account (he did this for several people) and then they won't give me the money ... be very careful about eChecks and make sure they're TOTALLY cleared before shipping :( I learned this the hard way unfortunately. Good luck with your auction!

Thanks for the tip... When I sold my harvest moon for PS1 a little while ago, a 0 feedback buyer paid with an eCheck.

I told them I would not ship until it cleared, and finally a week later it did. It turned out to be a good transaction, but it did introduce me to the world of eChecks. I don't really like them :cry:

Yeah, be very careful. In the old days I would refuse eCheck payments, but now it's required that all sellers (especially Power Sellers) that take Paypal HAVE to take eChecks. Just wait for that darn thing to clear and don't listen to buyers that whine about it "taking too long to ship". If they really care that much, tell them not to pay by eCheck next time =P Of course you can word it kinder than that, but make sure they understand under no circumstances will you send out before payment clears. Boy do I regret it now :(

I only did it because I was leaving for China the day the payment was supposed to clear, and I figured it'd be fine. Unfortunately, I shipped it out Priority Mail and he got it the day it was supposed to clear. What a scumbag =P

:cry:
That sounds pretty rough. My worst experience was when I sold a Wii during Christmas, shipped immediately after they paid via priority, and apparently it didn't make it in time for Christmas. They were being bitches about it, I finally gave them a full refund (I'm too nice about this stuff, plus I was tired of their ignorance) and just sold the Wii locally.

I guess they ignored the part that said seller's weren't responsible for shipping times :cry:

Oh well.... thanks for all your advice again!

bread's done
Back