My Ebay Issue Currently

Cephiros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I would like some CAG advice on how I should proceed on one of my ebay auction where I am the buyer.

I won this auction - PSP 3000 Roickband Unplugged Pack

I won on 2/21/2011, Paid for it through Paypal that day. Seller said they shipped it out at 4pm EST on 2/22/2011.

They provided this tracking #9101128882300569963456

The shipping I paid for was for a Priority mail medium flat rate box. $10.50.
They live on a military base near Cleveland, TN.

I figured I would get it around 2/25/2011 at the latest even from a military
base. Since priority mail is generally 2-3 days.

Well, I checked my tracking # everyday and it never updated at all. I know
at time it can be quite wonky and that's what I figured.

However, as of today, 3/5/2011, tracking info has not been updated at all
and I still have not gotten my package.

I've been communicating with the seller. They don't understand why I have
not received it. Assured me they sent it,, etc.

They said the spoke with the post office and they said they don't worry
about priority mail packages until after 10 mailing days.

Insurance was never offered and I don't know if they purchased it when
they paid for the postal online.

I guess I should have been a little weary on such low feedback #'s but it
was 100%, granted only one was for being a seller.

I have 100% feedback on Ebay, No negative and 1 neutral on Goozex, and
100% here on CAG's Itrader.

Am I in the wrong for wanting to open a dispute in the next few days? Let
me know.

You're perfectly in your right to open the dispute. If the tracking isn't showing it's moving, then it doesn't sound like that package is getting to you very well.

Besides, Paypal disputes take time. You can always end the dispute if the package comes. Better to go ahead and get the process started to get your money back.

That means the label's been printed but nothing's been shipped. It says it on the site.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 22, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

Open a dispute.

I had a similiar issue were the tracking never changed. I did recieve my item eventually. I just assumed there was a mix up with the Post Office somehow. I'd probably file a dispute though just to be on the safe side. Utopian is right as well, disputes take a while to hash out.

[quote name='Scorch']That means the label's been printed but nothing's been shipped. It says it on the site.[/QUOTE]

Not true. It shows that the shipping label has been paid for, but it unfortunately does not let you know if USPS ever received it. If you print postage online and just drop it off at the post office they don't scan it in to show they got it. It is stupid but that is how it works.

You have to print out a shipment acceptance form and have it scanned at the post office when you drop it off for the DC page to show they have it. Many methods of printing labels don't provide an option to get one of these forms.

I sell on eBay and have shipped probably 1000 packages with USPS and I don't think they've ever lost any. Once or twice they seemed to temporarily lose one and then a week or two later it got delivered.

Assuming the seller did ship the item out it sucks for both sides in this situation. I'd give it a few more days to see if it turns up. I'd also give your local post office a call just to double check they didn't make some kind of mistake and are holding it there for pickup. The DC page usually updates along the way but it is not uncommon it gets no updates until the package is delivered.

As the buyer you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Unless the DC page shows the package was delivered you will win a dispute and get your money back. But unless you have good reason to think the seller never sent it I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and give it a little longer.

Thanks for the advice guys. Well, the seller contact me again. They are going to check with the post office on Monday.

He provided me with tracking # for two other shipments he made and they were delivered 17 and 12 days after he purchased the postage.

I know I have like 45 days so I'm going to be patient before I put in any dispute. Maybe since the mail is coming from a military base that making this issue arise.

[quote name='Cephiros']Thanks for the advice guys. Well, the seller contact me again. They are going to check with the post office on Monday.

He provided me with tracking # for two other shipments he made and they were delivered 17 and 12 days after he purchased the postage.

I know I have like 45 days so I'm going to be patient before I put in any dispute. Maybe since the mail is coming from a military base that making this issue arise.[/QUOTE]

He could of just paid for the tracking number then forgot to ship the item right away and just recently shipped it. Hopefully you get the item by monday or so.

I would give it another week, post office could just be sitting on it and you'll still be within 45 days for a dispute if it never shows so that little bit of time won't hurt.

bread's done
Back