My ebay rant for the day...

SlammedNiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, I've been in the market for a PSP for the last couple of weeks. Been scanning ebay everyday, watching auctions that were of interest. I'm pretty picky, so not just any PSP would do.

I find THIS auction for a PSP + 13 games. No pictures, but description says in good condition with original box and accessories. The games that come with it were of no interest, as I'd either flip them back onto ebay or gamestop for credit.

So, I win the auction for $137.50 shipped on Saturday. On Monday, she sends me a message that says...
I am shipping this PSP to you today. I think since I am kinda new to ebay that paypal holds my monies. Do you see like a release button in the paypal transaction for this item? if you do could you please release the funds for this? I am also trying to send my sister money today for my nephew and I can't do that if I don't have it. The only other way that they will release the monies is if you leave me feedback. I have had to do this before. You can check my feedback, it's all good. If you would please help me out? Thanks. I will send you the tracking info as well as soon as I have it.
Now I'm starting to see this could possibly be a scam. So, I send her the following as a reply.
Sorry, but I have no control of the money once I make payment to Paypal. The only way that I know that ebay will release the money is if I leave you feedback. Unfortunately, I am not comfortable giving you feedback without first receiving the item and am satisfied with my purchase. Ebay established this policy to protect buyers from fraudulent activity.
Never hear from her again on Monday. Tonight, I kindly message her again requesting a tracking # for the pkg. she was supposed to ship yesterday. An hour later, I get this...
I do apologize for issuing the refund. My son has decided to keep the system as his cousin is in the hospital and would like to give it to him. Very sorry for any inconvenience. I can try and get you another one and sell it to you, if you still need one?
So, am I wrong for leaving her a negative? I mean, it was sketchy from the get-go with wanting me to leave her feedback so she could get her "monies".

don't feel bad, this is how you earn negative feedback, make sure to include the word "scammer", they love that.

Definitely a scammer. They just sold their "son's" white Star Wars PSP a week prior, seems a little odd. That, combined with the edited feedback saying the items were never received.

The only way a person gets a positive is to sell what they are advertising. If they dont, they shouldnt, if they expect otherwise they may as well get off ebay right now and make room for legitimate sellers...

[quote name='CaptainKirk']I have a question

if you leave neg feedback on someone before they leave you feedback

cant they just neg you too?[/QUOTE]
not anymore. sellers can't leave negative, only the buyer that option. the policy changed sometime last year.

bread's done
Back