My Ex and I Are Back Together!!!

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
My fiancee and I recently separated and she's inputed into my brain. I cannot stop thinking about her. We were together for the past 7 years and we had a baby girl together whom we split the week up with now. I know there's some single guys here and maybe someone has a suggestion on where to go and not have to pay for the features that all the match-making sites I've been to have. Do they all require a subscription? BTW, my "game" is kind of rusty so that's why I thought about an easy laid back setting like a match-making site might work rather than a club. Any help to a single, lonely, and depressed CAG is greatly appreciated. :cry:

EDIT: My ex and I are back together and we're working things out. I was extremely anxious for this moment of changing this thread topic to "My ex and I are back together." Thanks to those that sincerely tried to help and give advice on how to deal with the loss. Take care. :D

How long have you been separated? Are you just looking for a rebound girl? I say just give it time, as you probably don't want to mess things up between you and your ex for your kids sake.

Edit: But to answer your question why don't you try myspace or craigslist:) since you don't want to pay for the service. But, I haven't tried either of them to meet people.

If your looking for a rebound girl I suggest picking up a drunk chick at the bar.

However my neighbor (yes I really mean my neighbor and not me) tried some of them, and all he ever ended up with was crazy women. We were all out front drinking and she tried to go into my house my dog stopped her though. The next morning we talked and he said that she ripped him off. Took his money, and some cds etc. That was the worst one. The others just had mental problems, and were sluts.

So I assume for the better the people that pay for dating sites are more serious about dating and relationships.

I would try the bigger sites like match, and eharmony. I guess when it comes to dating sites have a few test dates with a person you meat and like.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']lol[/QUOTE]

Ignore this assshat he can't wipe his ass unless his mommy does it for him.
I'm still curious as to why he hasn't been banned.

[quote name='Aberforth']How long have you been separated? Are you just looking for a rebound girl? I say just give it time, as you probably don't want to mess things up between you and your ex for your kids sake.[/QUOTE]

We've been separated for a couple of weeks now. I don't know if you would call it a rebound girl but I need someone to hang out with that's the opposite sex. I thought there might be a chance of us working things out since we have in the past but I don't think that's going to happen this time.

[quote name='dman1869']We've been separated for a couple of weeks now. I don't know if you would call it a rebound girl but I need someone to hang out with that's the opposite sex. I thought there might be a chance of us working things out since we have in the past but I don't think that's going to happen this time.[/QUOTE]

You don't have any women that are friends?

It sounds more to me that your not used to being without a significant other. And looking for a friend more then a relationship. You just need a female counterpart sans sex.

[quote name='CitizenB']You don't have any women that are friends?

It sounds more to me that your not used to being without a significant other. And looking for a friend more then a relationship. You just need a female counterpart sans sex.[/QUOTE]

Almost all of my friends, male and female left town after high school. But my ex and I stuck around in town to raise the baby. It's a nice area.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the I'm "not used to being without a significant other." I feel like something's missing. Some booty would be nice too, if not just flirting, or something. I'm going nuts. :censored:

[quote name='dman1869']Almost all of my friends, male and female left town after high school. But my ex and I stuck around in town to raise the baby. It's a nice area.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the I'm "not used to being without a significant other." I feel like something's missing. Some booty would be nice too, if not just flirting, or something. I'm going nuts. :censored:[/QUOTE]

Go to a bar and find a drinking buddy thats a women try to find someone thats not model pretty. Then become drinking buddies. That in turn well lead to some drunk sex, and a life long friend.

[quote name='Aberforth']How long have you been separated? Are you just looking for a rebound girl? I say just give it time, as you probably don't want to mess things up between you and your ex for your kids sake.

Edit: But to answer your question why don't you try myspace or craigslist:) since you don't want to pay for the service. But, I haven't tried either of them to meet people.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I never even payed attention to the personal ads from Craigslist. I had no idea there were so many overweight women in my area! No joke. I'm 24, in shape and seeking a young woman who has a nice body and a pretty face.

As for myspace, I have never visited myspace. Has anyone had any experience with meeting someone on myspace?

[quote name='CitizenB']If your looking for a rebound girl I suggest picking up a drunk chick at the bar.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing myself.

OP - just make sure you use protection if you go down this route.

Thanks for the help guys. We'll see how things turn out. Although I'm still hoping I'll be able to change the topic to "Please Close: My girl and I are back together!" :pray:

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']lol[/QUOTE]

is that really necessary? i know you lack self respect, but there's no need to be disrespectful here. dman is a good cager, my condolences. at least you're trying to move on instead of dwelling on something that may never happen. that's a step in the right direction. as for online dating services, i haven't tried any, but from the things i hear craigslist is full of psychos. and myspace is full of creeps and teeny boppers. i can empathize in the department of all your old friends leaving after high school, so yea it makes it tough to be alone. i found the best way of meeting new people is to make an effort to branch out with what little connections you have. like getting a little closer to work friends, attending activities or events with them and you're bound to make more friends from that. or finding an activity or hobby and join a club or social group involved with this hobby. you'll be making friends in no time, which in turn, may land you a couple dates. you don't need game for that, and all this while you'll be keeping your mind occupied and not so focused on landing a woman, that one will fall right in front of you. bah it's late, i'm ranting. best of luck to you man.

[quote name='dman1869']Thanks for the help guys. We'll see how things turn out. Although I'm still hoping I'll be able to change the topic to "Please Close: My girl and I are back together!" :pray:[/QUOTE]
Well, there's your problem, right there.

[quote name='Brak']Well, there's your problem, right there.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that we have a beautiful daughter that just turned 2, and she had 2 boys that I became very close with, like I was their dad. We shared a lot of good times together and it's hard to lose someone I care about so much.

Thanks to minqqq for all the suggestions. I'm starting to understand your quote. [quote name='minqqq']as for online dating services, i haven't tried any, but from the things i hear craigslist is full of psychos[/QUOTE] They have some of the weirdest people and pics there.

[quote name='dman1869']Thanks for the help. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh I wouldn't worry about him, he's kind of sad and helpless in a pathetic momma's boy kind of way.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Sounds like you aren't ready for a relationship. Only thing you are ready for is a quick fuck from a chick you just met at the bar.[/QUOTE]
Er... No?

[quote name='dman1869']It's just that we have a beautiful daughter that just turned 2, and she had 2 boys that I became very close with, like I was their dad.[/QUOTE]

How old is she? You and she were together for 7 years and she has two boys from a previous relationship before that?

[quote name='cheapfrag']How old is she? You and she were together for 7 years and she has two boys from a previous relationship before that?[/QUOTE]

She is actually 31. She had a serious raltionship when she was young and had 2 boys from it. She looks like she is mid 20s and still has a nice body.

I think chemical's advice sounds pretty good. I didn't think about making a new e-mail, IM, and all of that stuff. BTW, the craigslist people seem to be weirdest so far. :lol:

[quote name='dman1869']She is actually 31. She had a serious raltionship when she was young and had 2 boys from it. She looks like she is mid 20s and still has a nice body.

I think chemical's advice sounds pretty good. I didn't think about making a new e-mail, IM, and all of that stuff. BTW, the craigslist people seem to be weirdest so far. :lol:[/quote]

How did you meet her? By my math, you were 17 and she was 24 with 2 kids

[quote name='Pookymeister']How did you meet her? By my math, you were 17 and she was 24 with 2 kids[/QUOTE]

She was actually my mom's best friend's daughter. She moved up here to get away from her ex. He was kind of crazy. We met right around when I turned 16. We were just friends a first, but then she couldn't help but to fall for me and I did the same later on. We started gettting serious when I was about 18. So if you include 18-24, and I'll be 25 this year, that makes us being together for 7 about years. Yes, she is an older woman, but I liked being with an older woman. They have more experience in every aspect in life. She help me grow up too. I never thought that I would find someone I would want to spend the rest of my life with, especially being that I'm in my mid 20s, but I did. I just wish things were different, like they used to be we were first together. :(

Well I've been trying this online dating stuff but I don't know what to make of it. I haven't actually been out on a date yet, just chatting. I'm talking to this one girl who is very attractive (at least from her pictures, if that's her) but she started to say how she loved me after only chatting twice! I found that kind of odd so I tried to talk to other guys to see if they had experience with scammers before. They said "Yeah, a lot." The only pictures she has sent me have been professional pictures, like modeling ones. She said she used to model. I briefly spoke to her on the phone but it was really bad reception since she is in Africa right now. I'm not sure if I should persue this or not. This whole dating thing sucks! :wall:

[quote name='dman1869']I briefly spoke to her on the phone but it was really bad reception since she is in Africa right now. I'm not sure if I should persue this or not. This whole dating thing sucks! :wall:[/QUOTE]

Is she a banker in nigeria by chance?

I say don't pursue that IMO.

[quote name='dman1869']Well I've been trying this online dating stuff but I don't know what to make of it. I haven't actually been out on a date yet, just chatting. I'm talking to this one girl who is very attractive (at least from her pictures, if that's her) but she started to say how she loved me after only chatting twice! I found that kind of odd so I tried to talk to other guys to see if they had experience with scammers before. They said "Yeah, a lot." The only pictures she has sent me have been professional pictures, like modeling ones. She said she used to model. I briefly spoke to her on the phone but it was really bad reception since she is in Africa right now. I'm not sure if I should persue this or not. This whole dating thing sucks! :wall:[/QUOTE]

Shit man I didn't know Nigerian scammers used dating sites! :lol:

I did have luck when I used dating sites. I met my current boyfriend who is a lawyer on Yahoo Personals and we have been together for over a year. He was actually the first and only person I met from the site. I would call that a success story. Most people seem to have shitty luck on those sites though.

I'd pass man... you gotta be careful doing an internet thing in a condition like that. Some women will smell that shit a mile away, and leech your money and soul off of you like a Raziel from Soul Reaver with tits. Give it some time.. after being with someone for a long period of time, you need a certain amount of "debriefing" from the previous relationship (especially if you say she's that "inputted" into your brain). Desperity will only leave you broke with a case of the herps or something. Don't let them smell that kind of weakness.. it's really bad mojo.

On a side note.. If anyone knows of a modding site that tells step by step how to install a muting device (with remote control) into a significant other.. shit, post that here as well.

[quote name='CitizenB']Is she a banker in nigeria by chance?

I say don't pursue that IMO.[/QUOTE]

No, she's not a banker. :lol: For someone who was born and raised in the US, she's been in Africa taking care of her Grandma with her dad supposedly, her English isn't that great. I don't know what she could get from me though. I'm not going to give out credit card numbers or send money orders. I did give her an e-mail and a cell number, no address though. I don't see how she could gain anything with a phone number or an e-mail. And no, I haven't received any weird soliciting e-mail, yet.

You know I feel for ya but man all those dating sites are is a Law and Order ripoff story waiting to happen if you know what I mean.
I would stay away from them but it is your choice.

Hello good sir, how would you like to make business with us, we are the number one retailer in china and have several high interest banking accounts located in africa. we are the number one provider of electronics ipods ps3 hdtv computers in the internet and would like to show you how to join our business and be a part of our year end profits. all we need is your bank account and routing number so that we can begin to process these funds. thank you we look forward to businessing with you.

[quote name='darthbudge']You know I feel for ya but man all those dating sites are is a Law and Order ripoff story waiting to happen if you know what I mean.
I would stay away from them but it is your choice.[/QUOTE]

Don't say that. I just want to move on, not end up in a dumpster. :cry:

[quote name='sarausagi']Hello good sir, how would you like to make business with us, we are the number one retailer in china and have several high interest banking accounts located in africa. we are the number one provider of electronics ipods ps3 hdtv computers in the internet and would like to show you how to join our business and be a part of our year end profits. all we need is your bank account and routing number so that we can begin to process these funds. thank you we look forward to businessing with you.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I needed to laugh. Thanks. :lol:

lets see, myspace, craiglist, or yahoo personals, those were fun, i met some people from the 2 former, yahoo personals never did anything for me :p!..now im trying to meet more people in person, but seriously man, i just got out of a long relationship, definatly not as long as yours, but i was going through alot for awhile, love hurts man, things just didnt work out on my end, and i wish you luck in the future :) things will get better dude!

A liitle OT but along with the crazies on craigslist

"Very confidant, fun, sensual BBW looking for a generous older gentleman who needs a woman to spoil. I am married so discretion is a must. Prefer something that is long term and beneficial to both parties. Very open minded, love to explore. Willing to trade pictures. Please don't waste my time if your not into thick women"

To greydemise, thanks for the kind words and hopefully things will get better for both of us.

To MrX, it seems like the majority of the crazies all had a meeting and decided to pick craigslist as their gathering spot. :lol:

And to Pookymeister, congratulations on meeting your future wife. Match.com is the only site I haven't tried yet from the suggestions I've gotten so far. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Craigslist has plenty of whackos, but it can work out. I met my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years through it. We found out later that we were in the same statistics class, but I never would've met her otherwise. Certainly helped when I was new to the Bay Area and didn't really have many social networks yet.

Best of luck to you! My uncle met his new wife on Match.com, and they're head over heels. Just make sure you know what you're looking for when you start using these sites. A few weeks seems like an awfully short break after 7 years with a gal. Casual dating is probably a good idea, but I dunno about anything long term. That's sheer speculation, since I don't know you at all, but for me it was awfully hard to move past my last long-term commitment and concentrate on the present.

Again, good luck! Hope things work out for you!

[quote name='dman1869']Don't say that. I just want to move on, not end up in a dumpster. :cry:[/quote]

Man I'm sorry didn't mean to make you feel bad I'm just saying I wouldn't do it cause there is alot of crazy people out there.

www.shemalelovesearch.com
It isn't really a dating website but ratemybody.com has pictures and free email service.

I've gone on a few dates from myspace, was with a girl for about 7 months but she won't get a job so we broke up, now I'm chatting up a different one there (6'0" redhead no less) and we're going to meet up in a couple of weeks.

I have a general theory that states you need one quarter of the amount of time of the relationship to get over it. So say you are together for 6 months, you should really just hold off for 6 weeks or so. In the case of multiple years you change the # of years to the # of months before you should really get heavily into anything again. In your case 7 months at the least. During this time you should just date a lot and make sure you know the rules with everyone. Sometimes you just need to have a few lines in the water and date four or five girls at the same time, just keep your genitals to yourself at that time unless everyone knows what is going on.

[quote name='darthbudge']Man I'm sorry didn't mean to make you feel bad I'm just saying I wouldn't do it cause there is alot of crazy people out there.[/QUOTE]

I didn't take that serious. I was just kidding. :) I was just pointing out that there are some whackos out there and hopefully this online dating thing doesn't have me meeting up with a 6'3" 300 pound guy named Bob who was supposed to a "simple girl who likes walks on the beach." :lol:

Still no luck on this whole dating thing. I think I've tried every site recommened, well except for the ones you have to pay for. I'm not that serious so that I would to pay to look for love, but I do miss the gentle touch of a female. Women can be great at times...and of course not so much at others.

Ugh. I don't think I'm going to have any luck with these online match-making sites. Are there any CAGs that have any cute, single, female friends? :lol: I think there was a black guy from CAG that's from Sacramento. Black guys always know hot chicks, right? Anyone near Sacrmento, Roseville, Rocklin, or the Auburn area would be great. We'll see how things turn out.

chatrooms are free single websites are a race of many guys to get at one decent girl and a bunch of girls nobody wants.

Better to stumble across something than to look hard for it where everyone else is looking.

I'll also recommend OKCupid, not as many people know about it, but it is all free. Most sites love to make you pay if you want to message someone, and they don't, so that's awesome. Plus their user-created tests are pretty fun to take during some downtime. I've used it before and it's pretty nice.

bread's done
Back