My experience with the CC 24/24

Aconitic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok, well heres a rant about my experience with the circuit city 24/24 gurantee.

Ive been looking for a laptop cooler for my new 17 inch HP, i found one in the sunday ads at CC and decided it was a good deal.

At 3:23 i placed my order and received my confirmation email.
I arrived at the store around 3:45, giving them 3 extra minutes to get my stuff ready.

At 3:53 i finally get to the front of the counter and have the lady ring up my confirmation number., she then asks me to step aside and wait for my order to come out.

Well i wait next to the desk while she helps several other customers, in about 10 minutes a stock guy finally brings out my order. So from the time i place my order to get it in hand was 40 minutes, that seems like that woulld warrant the $24 GC

i ask the guy how the gurantee works and he says he doesnt know, then i ask him to get a manager and he comes back and tells me i need to wait inline again and talk to the Customer service ladies, i ask him politely to go back and send the manager out. I wait for her to come out another 10 mins and when she finally does she says they will give me the gift card but i have to wait inline again (probably hoping i wont), so i wait inline for another 15 minutes to have the lady tell me that the system is down and they cant issue any gift cards, she writes a note on the bottem of my receipt and tells me to come back another day and get the gift card, so i leave around 2 hours after i placed my order, with nothing to speak of but wasted gas and time..

anyway im going to go back tomorow and try to get it out of them,

have you guys had similar experiences with the 24/24?

Stop whining at least you got it. Most managers wont honor it at all stating its the time between arrving at the store and being rung up that counts not placing the order online. Beleive me i have been denied many times lol.

-Mik

yeh hopefully, i was just trying to point out and compare stories,

this seems like blatent false advertise ment to me, if there never going to honor their gurantees

No it's not. It's (supposed to be) 24 minutes from the time you get the 'Your order is ready/confirmed" email.
My wife went to pick up a monitor and HTiB we had ordered online. She got there about 25 minutes after the email, then had to wait 10 or so minutes (not in line) for them to get the order ready. She said "What about this guarantee?" and they knocked 24 bucks off the order (even better than the GC).
Based on what the OPs story is, he should be eligible for it. It's quite possible their computers were down, that does happen--I just spent an additional 30 min in Best Buy because theirs weren't working right. But I'd definitely demand they fulfill their policy.

[quote name='Aconitic']
this seems like blatent false advertise ment to me, if there never going to honor their gurantees[/quote]
Welcome to Circuit City, where bait & switch techniques are mastered, and all ads are considered false until proven true.

bread's done
Back