My experiences with Gamefly's sales are getting increasingly crappy

geoelectric

CAGiversary!
Seems like the last several discs I've received from Gamefly from a purchase have been -covered- with smudges and scratches, with blatant fingerprints on the disc. The one I received today, Rayman Raving Rabbids, actually has pits on the rim of the disc, like something was chewing on it.

I complained, they claim they clean them before sending them out, but I think they must have cleaned mine with a slice of pizza and scrubbed it with their fingers. It's pretty bad.

I'm sure they'll do a return/exchange--they guarantee their discs. But it takes so long to get them that it's a total PITA.

Has anyone had better luck? I know CheapyD claims that the buying experience is wonderful, and three years ago I was a huge evangelist for Gamefly. But nowadays, I'm just disappointed.

i've bought two games in the last week, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix both 360 and they were both in almost mint condition.

Maybe the secret is sticking with almost-new games. Most of what I'm ordering is older--maybe it's just seeing too much use. Still, they could do a better job on the cleanup, and maybe not send out obviously scratched or damaged games.

My Lost Planet came in today - looks like one of the employees used it as a skateboard on rough pavement before putting in back in the case to ship out. And it has these little indentations along the side - like it was nipped by a toenail clipper -_-.

What's the best way to return these things?

Call them up and say you're returning? E-mail? Or send it back with a typed letter inside?

I got my 6 months rewards a day late. I was a little disappointed because I had that $10 coupon from them not sending the black friday which would expire the day before (I used it anyway to buy SMG). I sent an email asking where my rewards were. Today my rewards are there, an extra coupon, and a retroactive 5% discount off of the last couple games I bought, and a very nice "OMG SORRY" email. A+

Their CS is great, and I have never had any issue with a single one of the disks I've either bought or rented. I think I've also finally gotten the hang of how to snag launch games. Highly recommended.

EDIT: You will get better CS if you call them rather than email if it's an issue like this. I think there's a place to report crap discs in the GameQ as well.

I just bought Crackdown and it looked like someone opened it the day it came out and never even played it.

EVERY possible insert was included, not just the manual, and I even had to peel off a couple "do not sell before 2/xx/07"stickers from the sides.

[quote name='Scorch']Every game i've gotten from them has worked flawlessly and looked fantastic.[/quote]

Same with me.

I bought Odin Sphere, must have double clicked because before they sent they contacted me to make sure I wanted two copies (I didn't)

I was very impressed.

Game came in mint condition as well.

I've been noticing an increasing number of games from them being in poorer condition, maybe it has something to do with the prices(high prices, people feel they fully own it.)

My experience with then has been great. I have recieved a few discs with some light scratches but it's to be expected since they are from a rental company. I've only recieved one game from them that didn't work and when I reported it they sent my next one out immediatly.

One of mine got lost in the mail after I chose to keep it the day it shipped. So now I have 2 cases/manuals for Resistance, plus I saved 4 dollars due to their lame policy. They can't just send another, I have to repurchase the game. Of course, It was only available as Keep It Now, couldn't just click and buy so I had to wait another month for it to become available, but in that month it dropped 4 dollars. All my games I bought were less than a year old and pristine. I'm more upset about how long they take to get here and back, and that 2% of the time they do Fast Return even though my post office does scan them all.

I usually keep it when I buy to ensure a good disc but when I kept Super Mario Galaxy the case was kind of crushed in. Can't complain much though since I got a new disc right after it released and they sent a thanksgiving coupon of 10 dollars that made the price to keep fairly decent.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've purchase a couple of games from them with no problems, but with any rental service there are bound to be scratched games. Sounds like you just ran in to a bit of bad luck.

You should see the condition that the cabellas game that I was just sent is in. It's a good thing that the plastic piece of the dvd goes out a little from the actual silver disc part. It has so many chips missing, it looks like a buzzsaw.

Might be too that their are many more "casual" gamers in Gamefly now and they don't understand taking care of the discs as well.

Noticed this when I worked at Blockbuster, many of our PS2 games came back in much worse condition than the Xbox and Gamecube ones

bread's done
Back