My fiance wants a fitness PS3 move game...

keeping an eye on this thread. I wouldn't mind picking something up for the wife. I remember how mad she was when I sold the wii fit. "You never used it once" I said. "you didn't show me how!"

I haven't used the Zumba game, but Active 2 is great. Very few problems with motion detection, the exercises are varied quite a bit, and you can select from easy, med, or hard epending on your fitness level. There's also the ability to make your own custom workouts as opposed to using the premade workouts or programs. My wife and I are both using it and it's definitely helpful (especially since we've been having problems getting to the gym lately!).

Watching this thread as well.... it might be a good reason to pick up PS3 move. The Zumba does look like fun, has anyone actually tried it?

I got EA Sports Active 2 which doesn't need the Move and the wife called it "The best $60 we've ever spent" (or didn't spend after I redeemed Sony Rewards to get it for free like a true CAG=) ). I completed the 9-week hard program and lost about 10 lbs while building a ton of muscle.

Positives:
*Nice variety to the activities, running in place to resistance band activities to basketball/soccer/biking'
*Heart rate monitor helps you make sure you don't overdo it
*Don't have to hold a controller in your hand
*The programs make you work out 4 days a week so you're forced to keep yourself going (no "I don't feel like it" moments)
*The calorie count and trophies help keep you motivated and makes you feel like you're progressing even if you don't lose actual weight
*You can tailor it to your own fitness level and if the hard is still too easy, you can add ankle/wrist weights or use free weights instead of a resistance band
*You can make your own custom workouts (I personally recommend 45 minutes of alternating split squat lunges and mountain climbers =P)

Negatives
*On rare occasions it won't pick up the movement (my Kinect and Your Shape has the same issue sometimes). It's not really a big deal if you can get the monitors on right- I probably average having to redo 1-2 reps of one exercise in a 45 minute workout
*The workouts demand a lot of time- with breaks, the hard workout takes up to an hour near the end which may be a problem for busy people
*The monitors eat a lot of batteries- buy some rechargeable and have some fresh ones ready to go
*Some people may not be able to do all the exercises like mountain climbers depending on age/fitness level
*No DLC- they had released a DLC pack but took it off the marketplace and canceled all future plans due to glitches

I second EA Sports Active 2 as well. Does your fiancee like dancing games? Singstar Dance has move support but I probably wouldn't play it. Also Michael Jackson the Experience just came out for PS3.

Yeah I've been using EA Sports Active for a while, good program (doesn't require the Move BTW)
Started a thread here about it
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283986

Tried the Zumba Fitness game a friend brought over for about an hour or so.. I guess it follows the Zumba stuff pretty close, so if you're into that, I'd say get it.

Another option is "Fit in Six" by Ubisoft
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fit+in+Six+-+PlayStation+3/2120265.p?id=1218310009328&skuId=2120265&st=fit%20in%20six&lp=1&cp=1

Never heard of it before, just saw it at Best Buy the other day.

I just realized something, the OP specifically mentioned "move game". EA Sports Active 2.0 does not use the Move. Not a big deal of course, but so many people seem to get the impression that it does for some reason

I was eying on Fit in Six, but it's $40 right now. I'll wait till it's $20 or something. My EA Active 2 program will end in two months, I should get my platinum trophy by then (still need the 2nd set of sensor to get the workout with buddy trophy though). I only need the 100 different people trophy in Zumba, it's an interesting game, it got me started on the exercise games. I have lost few pounds chasing the trophies, I'm trying to gain the weight back (either than or buy new pants).

Any good move games coming out as of late at all that is not a FPS? I remember "Sorcery" was hyped then release date got pulled back to the unknown (only reason I bought the move too)

I bought 2 copies of ps3 EA Active 2 back when TRU had it for 19.99 and still have not opened 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely "The Fight". You can't play the game for 20 minutes with some sort of conviction and not sweat profusely. Its actually one of the reason I got rid of it (not because of the workout, but not really wanting to work out and just relax)

The gladiator fighting on the move sports champions must be equally as tiring as The Fight. I'm pretty worn out after a few good gladiator style fights

And we went with EA sports Active 2. I did my first 20 minute workout, which did seem to take 40 minutes with all the tutorials. I think I busted 1 sweat bead, but it did get my heart pumping. I'm looking forward to doing the rest of my workouts

[quote name='mr ryles']The gladiator fighting on the move sports champions must be equally as tiring as The Fight. I'm pretty worn out after a few good gladiator style fights[/QUOTE]

It's not even close. Not to be contrary, but it truly is. Boxing is a whole different breed of work out. You throw combinations and are constantly dodging. The punches are also more realistic in that a "real" punch will do more damage then a slow jab or random flailing of the limbs.

I can play the gladiator game for about and hour before my arms feel a little tired. You can't do 3 back to back to back fights with conviction and not be completely winded, and I'm not THAT out of shape.

bread's done
Back