My first deal post ever! $5 for wal-mart racing 3 pack

PhrostByte

CAG Newbie
Ok, I'm at college right now. During my lunch break I went to Wal-Mart. I stumbled upon the infamous racing 3-pack, usually priced at $10. Well, it was at $5. A little sign was scotch taped to the window advertising the price. I bought 2. (I don't know if this is a national price drop)

Now I know you might be saying, Phrostie... all 3 of those games suck more ass than X-Pac does when he's with Chyna. Perhaps this is the case my fellow CAGs, however... as some of you may know. ebgames has a $10 bonus for non-sports games. And last I heard, redneck racing wasn't a sport! w00t. I went next door and traded in Super Truck Racing and Ford Racing 2 for $13 store credit... Sweeeeet...

Please, please, please Walmart, just this once give me a deal. I'm definitely going to have to check this out tonight.

Yes, they work, but you can't do duplicates in one transaction any more at EB.. I think it's now only one of a title per person per transaction per day.

$10 is still killer, I just pick up one other $5 game and trade em in at Hastings for a brand spankin new PS2 game, next up GT4 or DMC3 :).

Are these the games included in the 3 pack:
Corvette
Super Trucks Racing
Ford Racing 2

I think those are right, but someone please confirm. I don't want to waste a trip for just 1 game (Corvette) unless they have different games mixed in them.

[quote name='jbroush99']Are these the games included in the 3 pack:
Corvette
Super Trucks Racing
Ford Racing 2

I think those are right, but someone please confirm. I don't want to waste a trip for just 1 game (Corvette) unless they have different games mixed in them.[/quote]

Those are the right games.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='jbroush99']Are these the games included in the 3 pack:
Corvette
Super Trucks Racing
Ford Racing 2

I think those are right, but someone please confirm. I don't want to waste a trip for just 1 game (Corvette) unless they have different games mixed in them.[/quote]

Those are the right games.[/quote]

Oh well

[quote name='bil4l']$10 is still killer, I just pick up one other $5 game and trade em in at Hastings for a brand spankin new PS2 game, next up GT4 or DMC3 :).[/quote]

Hastings restricted the 4 for 1 on January 1st, a ton of titles no longer work.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bil4l']$10 is still killer, I just pick up one other $5 game and trade em in at Hastings for a brand spankin new PS2 game, next up GT4 or DMC3 :).[/quote]

Hastings restricted the 4 for 1 on January 1st, a ton of titles no longer work.[/quote]

Yes, indeed they did. Bastards. :evil:

I blame everyone who flooded them with the Walmart 3-pack.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bil4l']Really....I hope these ones still work. I'll have to check.[/quote]

They don't.[/quote]

Indeed, they do not.

However, instead of restricting certain titles at my Hastings, the manager informed me that they raised the required trade-in amount for the titles to qualify.

The deal used to be that if I traded in 4 games that rang up as being worth $2 apiece, I could do the exchange. Now she said that they have to ring up at either $4 or $5 apiece...I can't remember which.

Here's a pic:

gamebundlesmall4vz.jpg

(NOTE: I got this pic from another board. I have better taste in floor tiles than that.) ;)

Just keep in mind that you might want to actually *GASP* PLAY these games. ;) Super Trucks didn't really impress me too much, but I think Corvette and Ford are fun.

I feel an affectionate tug at my heartstrings just looking at that picture...a couple of those packs, along with a bunch of the freebies I got at TRU ended up getting me brand new copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Donkey Konga, X-Men Legends, and Baten Kaitos at Hastings. :)

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I feel an affectionate tug at my heartstrings just looking at that picture...a couple of those packs, along with a bunch of the freebies I got at TRU ended up getting me brand new copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Donkey Konga, X-Men Legends, and Baten Kaitos at Hastings. :)[/quote]

/Waits for Scorch to see this post.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='darkwingduck13']I feel an affectionate tug at my heartstrings just looking at that picture...a couple of those packs, along with a bunch of the freebies I got at TRU ended up getting me brand new copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Donkey Konga, X-Men Legends, and Baten Kaitos at Hastings. :)[/quote]

/Waits for Scorch to see this post.[/quote]

:shock:

I remember this conversation from a couple months ago. Wasn't pretty.

[quote name='jkam']Tried one Wal-Mart with no luck. I may try another after work.[/quote]

No luck as in they didn't have any or no luck as in they weren't $5?

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='jkam']Tried one Wal-Mart with no luck. I may try another after work.[/quote]

No luck as in they didn't have any or no luck as in they weren't $5?[/quote]

As in they didn't have any.

[quote name='jboy']Will these games still work at Gamerush?[/quote]

Yeah, these are fine for trade-ins at GameRush. You won't get much for them though.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='darkwingduck13']I feel an affectionate tug at my heartstrings just looking at that picture...a couple of those packs, along with a bunch of the freebies I got at TRU ended up getting me brand new copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Donkey Konga, X-Men Legends, and Baten Kaitos at Hastings. :)[/quote]

/Waits for Scorch to see this post.[/quote]

:shock:

I remember this conversation from a couple months ago. Wasn't pretty.[/quote]

Ummm...hey, didn't I say I only traded in a couple of those 3-packs? That's TWO...I don't think anyone could stretch that into being hard-core exploitation. :?

Do any of you know if these games are in the EBgames exclusions list? If they are not then you can trade them in for the preorder of a game like Doom 3 for the Xbox and score $10 each.

I just got back from my Walmart, and not only did they not even have the 3 pack, but they split it up and are now selling the 3 games individually for $9.88 each.

[quote name='Trakan']I just got back from my Walmart, and not only did they not even have the 3 pack, but they split it up and are now selling the 3 games individually for $9.88 each.[/quote]

Low-price guarantee my ass.

[quote name='The Don']Do any of you know if these games are in the EBgames exclusions list? If they are not then you can trade them in for the preorder of a game like Doom 3 for the Xbox and score $10 each.[/quote]

Unfortunately, all three games are on the exclusion list. Luckily, they should all work with the $10 Bonus Deal.

[quote name='wubb']Could you please make your thread title a little less descriptive.[/quote]

Titled edited. Sorry you guys aren't having much luck... I hope at least one of you gets it :\

[quote name='Trakan']I just got back from my Walmart, and not only did they not even have the 3 pack, but they split it up and are now selling the 3 games individually for $9.88 each.[/quote]

:rofl:

And thanks for updating the title Phrost.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan']I just got back from my Walmart, and not only did they not even have the 3 pack, but they split it up and are now selling the 3 games individually for $9.88 each.[/quote]

Low-price guarantee my ass.[/quote]

One of my local Wal-Marts did the same thing. I'm going to check a couple more and that should finish off my trips to Wal-Mart for the year.

Btw.. usually these are found like.. at the very bottom of the glass display case. Or maybe on the other side.. look around don't give up right away.

I went to 5 Wal-Marts today and found jack. What a surprise.

On a side note, does everyone else's Wal-Mart have like 200 copies of THUG 2 for PS2 just sitting in the bottom of the glass cases? They must be getting ready to have a big sale on this game because I've never seen stock like that for a game that's been out this long. I'm not exaggerating with that 200 number either. All the stores actually had around 200 THUG 2's.

[quote name='discopenguin816']my wal-mart has ~50 of these 3-packs! No joke![/quote]

*Punches discopenguin816.* Why won't you stay down!?! :lol:

Went to a supercenter here in town. They had plenty of 3-packs, but the shelf was marked (and they rang up at) $10.00. This is in Springfield, MO. So, definitely YMMV, assuming you can find it to begin with.

[quote name='abilyk']Went to a supercenter here in town. They had plenty of 3-packs, but the shelf was marked (and they rang up at) $10.00. This is in Springfield, MO. So, definitely YMMV, assuming you can find it to begin with.[/quote]
I was there today, but did not get them rung up. Thanks for removing the doubt I had about the price.

bread's done
Back