My first ebay chargeback

m0dem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So I get an email at 1 AM this morning from paypal saying that the guy I sold an item to 3 months ago filed a dispute with his credit card for unauthorized funds. Buyer was from Canada and his address was confirmed. I dont have tracking but he did leave feedback saying item was perfect etc. I geuss I lose the dispute since he filed it through his credit card company right?

Yep, you lose. No delivery confirmation to Canada means you can't prove he received it. Regardless of whether he filed through the credit card company or Paypal, you will lose this claim.

I don't ship to Canada (or anywhere outside the US) as this happened to me too. Welcome to the Paypal dicked me over club. Your the 156,958,234th member.

TBW

[quote name='m0dem']So I get an email at 1 AM this morning from paypal saying that the guy I sold an item to 3 months ago filed a dispute with his credit card for unauthorized funds. Buyer was from Canada and his address was confirmed. I dont have tracking but he did leave feedback saying item was perfect etc. I geuss I lose the dispute since he filed it through his credit card company right?[/QUOTE]

i think so . it would be nice if they would allow you to contact their credit card company and fight it. call up paypal and complain and complain and complain dont just sit on the side lines and allow them to #$#$# you.

I would bitch that the person had the game for 3 months and then did a chargeback.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Yep, you lose. No delivery confirmation to Canada means you can't prove he received it. Regardless of whether he filed through the credit card company or Paypal, you will lose this claim.

I don't ship to Canada (or anywhere outside the US) as this happened to me too. Welcome to the Paypal dicked me over club. Your the 156,958,234th member.

TBW[/QUOTE]

True.

I'm in the club (#142,693,422) - there's nothing you can do but take it. You might try emailng the guy and threatening to file charges against him. Heck, you should contact his local authorities and report him. His feedback would probably be sufficient evidence to justify your call.

Regardless, Paypal has officially slammed the door in your face and you'll only be banging your head against it if you continue to go through them.

Ok I just called the guy he said that his credit card got stolen and he put some unauthorized claims and he said the one he did to me must have been an accident and he said he will call them and cancel. Is there anyway to tell if he will cancel the dispute like what would happen? He also gave me the name of his credit card company.

Send him a bag of poo!

er, wait...looks like he's cool.

meh, send him the poo anyway.

Well it looks like you got it taken care of. Future advice:

1. Get DC. Always.
2 Do NOT ship outside the country. fuck Canada. fuck Mexico. fuck Brazil. You don't need their business or their foreign excuse for currency.

Anytime I sell outside the US and they wanna pay with pay pal, I make it clear that they are also paying for registered shipping for tracking purposes and full insurance. When they email and bitch about me charging for them using pay pal, I tell them to email pay pal to stop making it so fucking easy for US sellers to get dicked over by out of country buyers and we wouldnt have a problem.

hmmm...maybe I should stop shipping to Canada. my one chargeback did come from there.

[quote name='Apossum']hmmm...maybe I should stop shipping to Canada. my one chargeback did come from there.[/QUOTE]

There is no point too, eventually a US buyer will come along. I get maybe one email a day about shipping to Canada, I always tell them no.

everyone should get to gether and go after paypal.As far as I am concerned they are giving funds out from your credit card without the persons permission and that's illegal.They should have to get both sides before giving money they should have to

-Contact the person telling them someone is filing against them
-Collect info from both sides ie tracking and what not

them just giving your money away is not right and it should be illegal on all terms.If your going to use paypal make sure you get buyer protection

bread's done
Back