My Fitness Coach

I don't know, but I intend to find out. I suspect it may just be used to determine your heart rate during your retests, or she may ask for the rate at the end of the warmups to determine how effective they were.

Edit:
From a review of the xBox version, it says that the box for each cardio move includes the target rate or range for the exercise, so that you know if you're working hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. well that's neat. It looks like to get the full potential out of this game you should get all the equipment.
I ordered one too after seeing that they ARE really expensive and that $20 is pretty cheap.

I'll get a stability ball eventually, too.

Today I actually did my first exercise that included free weights AND the stepper. It was a lunge on the stepper while holding the weights at my side. Siiigh. :(

Yeah, the general use of heart rate in exercise is with cardio. Exercise intensity and heart rate are directly correlated and maximum heart rate is fairly accurately estimated based on age, so heart rate is one of the most common ways to determine what intensity to work at to receive cardiovascular benefits. The other way it could be used, but I'm guessing the game doesn't use it for, is to use heart rate as a marker of your recovery level between sets of strength exercises.

I know Walmart has some good ones (Gold's Gym brand, I think) for $20, and some that may be questionable for $10. I saw the cheap ones in one local store but not the other, so YMMV. I haven't gotten one yet. And when you do start doing more core workouts, fear the "Hundreds." It starts off nice, but I think she stretched it out to a full minute or more.

Ohhh! Five Below has them for $5 :) I'll be going there

EDIT: BTW, when can you change your weight? I dropped some weight this week. :bouncy:

Every 10 workouts you redo the fitness test, so you should be entering all of your measurements then. I finished number 8 this morning and she was nice enough to give me a warning: "The workout after next is your fitness test, so be ready!"

Another note: you only unlock new locations and music (and get a nifty trohpy next to your name on your menu) when you stick to your schedule. If you miss a day, it resets the count for the next level. Since I didn't meet the schedule everyday (all 7 days was a bit optimistic), it took 6 or 7 workouts to get the bronze level instead of 3 days. I don't know if doing extra days or changing the workout length will penalize you. I've since moved back to a more realistic 5 days on the schedule.

I finally set it up yesterday, and am definitely feeling the effects of 30 minutes of upper body, 15 minute of core, plus the fitness eval. I first did the 30 minutes incorporating the stability ball, then did another 15 minutes in the evening once I found my hand weights (of course, those weren't incorporated in the core workout...just my luck).

I almost forgot all the Maya-isms from Y!F :)

[quote name='lilboo']When/How can I update my weight? I lost 3lbs and I wanna tell Maya about it. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly from Y!F, you update your weight at each fitness eval (every 10 sessions). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

bread's done
Back