My game disc smells like burnt plastic and is sticky

KHASN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I picked up GTA IV recently at a sale. I opened the case this morning and it had this strong burnt plastic smell. And despite the game being new, the edge of the disc feels sticky.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if I need to return the game.

[quote name='KHASN']I picked up GTA IV recently at a sale. I opened the case this morning and it had this strong burnt plastic smell. And despite the game being new, the edge of the disc feels sticky.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if I need to return the game.[/QUOTE]

A fire sale perhaps? :cool:

Does the game work?

That game is hot, better get rid of it before the police show up.

gTUE4.png

[quote name='mtxbass1']
Does the game work?[/QUOTE]

Well aside from smelling burnt and feeling sticky, the disc looked normal at first glance.

I think i'm just gonna return or exchange the game. Hope the retailer doesn't flag me as a "troublemaker" because I've made 2 returns this year.

[quote name='KHASN']Well aside from smelling burnt and feeling sticky, the disc looked normal at first glance.

I think i'm just gonna return or exchange the game. Hope the retailer doesn't flag me as a "troublemaker" because I've made 2 returns this year.[/QUOTE]

did the other return have sticky goo on the sides of the disc?

[quote name='bjstucker']did the other return have sticky goo on the sides of the disc?[/QUOTE]

I just got the replacement game on Monday. No burnt plastic smell upon opening the case, but the sticky disc issue is still there.

I still don't know if this is an issue with amazon or GTA IV.

The hole in the disc is so it can go on the spindle inside the console.

Don't get so excited.

(Return it, you don't want any goopy shit inside your console. They shouldn't have a problem with you returning something, especially if you go the same item.)

[quote name='dreamerslost']its the super ultra rare burning rubber copy of gta iv[/QUOTE]
Why did that make me laugh way more than it should've?

bread's done
Back