My games for auction on ebay.

Dyre

CAG Veteran
Okay this is my first time posting here so I hope that I'm doing everything right. I have a ton of games for sell on ebay. They are all starting at $1.00 with no reserve. I have to get rid of a few things in order to make ends meet until I can get back on my feet. These games are all in fantastic condition! My seller id on ebay is Dyre so you can do a search using that seller id and see all of my auctions. Anyway, I hope that all of this meets the requirements of posting here.

Thanks all.
Dyre

[quote name='Dyre']Okay this is my first time posting here so I hope that I'm doing everything right. I have a ton of games for sell on ebay. They are all starting at $1.00 with no reserve. I have to get rid of a few things in order to make ends meet until I can get back on my feet. These games are all in fantastic condition! My seller id on ebay is Dyre so you can do a search using that seller id and see all of my auctions. Anyway, I hope that all of this meets the requirements of posting here.

Thanks all.
Dyre[/QUOTE]

..care to post a link?

It'll be easier to get bids if you set up the links yourself. After all, you wanna make it easy for people to bid on your item, not have them jump through hoops for it.

Just a little friendly advice. :) No offense meant

Edit: Just read your descriptions, you seem to focus more on scaring your bidders than encouraging them to bid. Perhaps you'll get more bdis if you don't do that.

"PLEASE NOTE - I WILL NOT GIVE OUT SHIPPING INFORMATION TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU ARE THE WINNING BIDDER! NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Oh my, that's priceless.

haha this is great. sure get a game for 6 bucks.... but i wont tell you that its gonna cost 25 to ship!!!!!!!! man some people are just so stupid they will buy it from him too

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']haha this is great. sure get a game for 6 bucks.... but i wont tell you that its gonna cost 25 to ship!!!!!!!! man some people are just so stupid they will buy it from him too[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same. He got a few xbox game I really want (fable, soul calibur 2, and otogi). I'm afraid if I win them less than $10, he might jacked up the shipping cost. He stated that he will only shipped thru priority mail, and to ship thru that wouldn't cost more than $5 to shipped.

Any discount/combine shipping for CAG?

I'd love to bite but this whole shipping arrangement is...shady. Why would you put that unless you planned to jack up prices?

and if any bidder emails me for shipping information before the auction has ended their bid will be retracted....Wow Strange

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']"PLEASE NOTE - I WILL NOT GIVE OUT SHIPPING INFORMATION TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU ARE THE WINNING BIDDER! NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Oh my, that's priceless.[/QUOTE]

yeh imagine if this foo jacks up the prices like 25 bux for shipping to pay for the game itself if it's at low bid.. lol prolly why he put that anyway

I have to get rid of a few things in order to make ends meet until I can get back on my feet.

He may just jack up the price of shipping because he has to make ends meet. But what ends is he exactly talking about we'll never know. I have bids on things but lets see if he really retracts my bids for asking a question.

More negative feedback on it's way :
"
Buyer: never buy from him again

Reply by dyre: not contacted until unpaid dispute began-then insisted I was cheating him! DNS!"

[quote name='shortshire']Screw the question, i'll just let him tell me the shipping.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that its easy to figure out the shipping cost since we know he is using priority mail. He also says he will charge for his shipping supplies, but that can be figured out too when the package comes. If he really tries to gouge you on shipping, report him to ebay with the information you were able to obtain from USPS.com. I can also tell you that a bubble mailer can be bought for under 20 cents and an xbox game weighs about 5 ounces in a bubble mailer.

If you want to try and figure out shipping then that is your perogative and I cannot stop you...HOWEVER once the auction has ended I will go to the post office and figure out shipping charges with the address that the winning bidder provides. The shipping that I give at that time will be final! There will be no debate! I figure shipping to include the packaging material that I have to purchase to ensure the saftey of your item. It does not include insurance UNLESS you ask for it. I choose to ship using the USPS and I choose to ship Priority Mail (which usually means 2 to 3 days according to the PostMaster). These are the stipulations concerning shipping and handling with this auction. As I said before there are no exceptions and the price for shipping is FINAL! Anyone, who cannot abide by these stipulations should not bid on this item...and if any bidder emails me for shipping information before the auction has ended their bid will be retracted.

Also DO NOT bid on this item unless you plan on purchasing it. I will DEFINATELY pursue all options available to me if you reneg on this item should you be the winning bidder.

That said...HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!

[quote name='soulwish2003']If you want to try and figure out shipping then that is your perogative and I cannot stop you...HOWEVER once the auction has ended I will go to the post office and figure out shipping charges with the address that the winning bidder provides. The shipping that I give at that time will be final! There will be no debate! I figure shipping to include the packaging material that I have to purchase to ensure the saftey of your item. It does not include insurance UNLESS you ask for it. I choose to ship using the USPS and I choose to ship Priority Mail (which usually means 2 to 3 days according to the PostMaster). These are the stipulations concerning shipping and handling with this auction. As I said before there are no exceptions and the price for shipping is FINAL! Anyone, who cannot abide by these stipulations should not bid on this item...and if any bidder emails me for shipping information before the auction has ended their bid will be retracted.

Also DO NOT bid on this item unless you plan on purchasing it. I will DEFINATELY pursue all options available to me if you reneg on this item should you be the winning bidder.

That said...HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK![/QUOTE]

Huh? So apparantly tou have two login names here?

Anyway, I hope you realize how you are coming off here. You are looking very confrontational when all people are trying to do is figure out the approximate shipping cost. I really see no reason why you would cancel their bids if they email you about shipping.

Like I said earlier, you can get an estimate right from USPS.com if you know the weight and the delivery method. Its fine if you add on what you are paying for the shipping materials. What is scaring everyone is how confrontational you are being about all this. It might be better if you just estimated the shipping cost and then added the cost to your payment terms. Say the item cost 3.50 to ship but you are worried that it might cost more to ship somewhere else, just list your shipping at $4. I think your auctions would get more bids that way. Also, your shiping cost might be more than that since you are shipping priority, but you will get a lost more bidders if you just put a flat shipping cost on your auctions no matter what that cost is.

Just a quote from the bottom of his auction... I sent him en email... will see if I get a reply.

[quote name='greendj27']Huh? So apparantly tou have two login names here?

Anyway, I hope you realize how you are coming off here. You are looking very confrontational when all people are trying to do is figure out the approximate shipping cost. I really see no reason why you would cancel their bids if they email you about shipping.

Like I said earlier, you can get an estimate right from USPS.com if you know the weight and the delivery method. Its fine if you add on what you are paying for the shipping materials. What is scaring everyone is how confrontational you are being about all this. It might be better if you just estimated the shipping cost and then added the cost to your payment terms. Say the item cost 3.50 to ship but you are worried that it might cost more to ship somewhere else, just list your shipping at $4. I think your auctions would get more bids that way. Also, your shiping cost might be more than that since you are shipping priority, but you will get a lost more bidders if you just put a flat shipping cost on your auctions no matter what that cost is.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soulwish2003']Just a quote from the bottom of his auction... I sent him en email... will see if I get a reply.[/QUOTE]

Oops, sorry about that. I was just a little confused.

Scene 1: Post Office [Take 1]

Dyre: "Hello, I would like to get a shipping quote on this package."

Post Office Worker: "Ok, let me weigh this so we know what we're dealing with."

*weighs padded envelope containing one Xbox game*

P.O.W: "8 ounces, how would you like to ship this?"

Dyre: "How much does it cost to mail it first-class? Priority mail?"

P.O.W: "$1.80 for first-class mail, which should arrive to ________, _______ USA within 5 days. $3.55 for priority mail, which should take 2-3 days."

Dyre: *takes out pocket notebook* "Ok, actual cost of shipping plus 1200% mark-up and cost of envelope - that makes it $35 even."

P.O.W: (puzzled) "Would you like to tack-on insurance and/or delivery confirmation?"

Dyre: "I totally forgot about those, I better charge $47 just to cover my bases. Thanks!"

*P.O.W's expression: (-___-)*

Holy crap people. I came in here because someone from TeamXbox suggested I bring my post here. I had read the forum guidelines there and it didn't say anywhere that posting your xbox games that you are selling was against the guidelines...only that advertising your website was...anyway. I just thought that his suggestion was a good one. I'll think twice in the future. The only reason there hasn't been a response here sooner is I have been at work all day...and no I don't happen to have a computer at work. So here goes. The reason that I have that post on my auctions is whenever I have posted auctions in the past I get inundated with emails from people harrasing me into thinking that postage on their item should never cost more than they state to me. When I go the post office and end up mailing it I am always getting gouged. So I stated that I would let them know the shipping after they had won the auction... Don't climb all over me because I am the one who has been shafted in the past. I will gladly put a reciept in with the package for anyone who cares to compare what it cost me and what I charged them. I will gladly ship in alternate methods at their own risk. I will not be held accountable because they wanted me to use a cheap ass method of shipping and then their game arrived all beat up. My games are all in pristine condition because I take care of them. You will be hard pressed to find so much as a fingerprint on any of them. The one thing I will not do differently is not charge for delivery confirmation. I have been burned too often in the past by cheats who have stated that they never recieved their game. So delivery confirmation is a must regardless of the method you request for shipping. All of that being said...I came in here simply because I thought some of you might be interested. As I can see you aren't so if that is the case then please don't bid. Sorry I bothered most of you.

Dyre

Because believe it or not. I have found it not to be that accurate. I have in fact had some shipping cost more and some cost less than ebay's shipping calculator said it would.

[quote name='Dyre']Because believe it or not. I have found it not to be that accurate. I have in fact had some shipping cost more and some cost less than ebay's shipping calculator said it would.[/QUOTE]

ok, why don't you put an estimate?! Like $4- $6 for example. It's much better than hide it.

BTW, how much your customer paid for LordOR (Xbox) shipping ?

I don't trust that thing either. I think most of the time sellers don't even bother weighing their items. I can see someone holding an Xbox game in their hand thinking, "yeah, that's about four pounds."

[quote name='siamesellama']I don't trust that thing either. I think most of the time sellers don't even bother weighing their items. I can see someone holding an Xbox game in their hand thinking, "yeah, that's about four pounds."[/QUOTE]

:lol: I only understand metric system. I'll never get used to American. 1/4..3/4..oz :headache:

[quote name='masha']:lol: I only understand metric system. I'll never get used to American. 1/4..3/4..oz :headache:[/QUOTE]

Same here, I normally just charge 3-6 on everything and if it is heavier well it goes parcel post.:D

The shipping on The Lord of the Rings was I believe around $5 something. I need to go out to my car and get the receipt for the shipping. I know that the padded bag was $1.29 and I think delivery confirmation was .45? ...and I think priority was $3.85? So that would make it $5.59? That sounds close but I don't think it was exact. I'll go out to my car in the morning and find the other receipt.

[quote name='Dyre']The shipping on The Lord of the Rings was I believe around $5 something. I need to go out to my car and get the receipt for the shipping. I know that the padded bag was $1.29 and I think delivery confirmation was .45? ...and I think priority was $3.85? So that would make it $5.59? That sounds close but I don't think it was exact. I'll go out to my car in the morning and find the other receipt.[/QUOTE]

You'll save your buyer a little if you don't buy your mailing supplies at the post office (just buy a pack of envelopes from office depot or something). Also, if you're sending priority you could always send in the provided envelope or box (free upon request at the post office)

[quote name='Dyre']The shipping on The Lord of the Rings was I believe around $5 something. I need to go out to my car and get the receipt for the shipping. I know that the padded bag was $1.29 and I think delivery confirmation was .45? ...and I think priority was $3.85? So that would make it $5.59? That sounds close but I don't think it was exact. I'll go out to my car in the morning and find the other receipt.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to use priority the post office will give you a free box you can use. Otherwise you can save money by sending it 1st class.

Hey, no need to do it. Thanks for the answer. Now we know how you calculate shipping.

You can also mail it Priority USPS envelope is free, DC is free (if you do it online), and it costs $3.85 regardless of weigh. You'll only need some padding for the games.

[quote name='nachzeher']You'll save your buyer a little if you don't buy your mailing supplies at the post office (just buy a pack of envelopes from office depot or something). Also, if you're sending priority you could always send in the provided envelope or box (free upon request at the post office)[/QUOTE]

I have a stack of Pokemon and Parasite Eve II guides. I went to PO today and got 30 envelopes for Priority shipping. I print labels out from USPS and drop them at Club House. I'm lazy. USPS trip was a strech for me today. :)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Same here, I normally just charge 3-6 on everything and if it is heavier well it goes parcel post.:D[/QUOTE]

I put $3.50 on games.

Where the hell yall be getting those bubble enveloped (size of a dvd case or ll' bit bigger) for cheap. My USPS have them for $1.29 each.

[quote name='postaboy']Where the hell yall be getting those bubble enveloped (size of a dvd case or ll' bit bigger) for cheap. My USPS have them for $1.29 each.[/QUOTE]

I can find packs of three at my dollar store. They cost a dollar. Because it is the dollar store.

[quote name='postaboy']Where the hell yall be getting those bubble enveloped (size of a dvd case or ll' bit bigger) for cheap. My USPS have them for $1.29 each.[/QUOTE]

I go to a site called mailersandmore.com and can get them for less about $0.17 each their. Thats buying them in bulk though. Also, if a friend refers you, they give you a $3 off code that for some reason you can keep using over and over. I think the dvd sized mailers come in packs of 50 there but it saves a ton of money. I have heard that there are other sites on the web that have similar costs on getting bubble mailers from them too.

Oh, and to the OP, I always use first class with delivery confirmation for my auctions. It costs just under $2 to ship most games and my packages seem to get anywhere in the country within 2-3 days.

You know it will easily be under 1 pound if you are mailing Priority, so that's $3.85 for postage anywhere in the USA (even HI..) $4.30 for postage + DC. Get a Hawaii zip and go to usps.com and check it out for yourself. It only varies once the weight goes over 1 pound. (And 1st class postage never varies - it's limited to 13 ounces.)

As a buyer you are basically agreeing to accept whatever he comes back with for a postage cost. I wouldn't go there.

bread's done
Back