My Greatest Xbox 360 Achievements (Xbox 360 Horror Story)

omnilink

CAG Veteran
"Some of the greatest Xbox 360 achievements I have earned include owning 3 defective Xbox 360 consoles, purchasing 3 malfunctioning controllers, getting 3 scratched games from my Xbox 360's disc drive, and having a Microsoft support agent lie to me by impersonating a manager. Read my glorious story, and you too can bask in the dream of my life."

http://digg.com/xbox/My_Greatest_Xbox_360_Achievements

Please Digg my Xbox 360 Horror story. I have had so much crap happen with my 360 consoles, and Microsoft has treated me very poorly. You can read the full article by clicking the link below.

http://www.magicalpudding.com/node/166

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences dealing with customer support. Even though my problem was fairly minor and more of an annoyance (DVD drive opening a few times before reading disk) they took care of me quickly and politely.

Yeah, the one time that my 360 broke, which was most likely due to the add on intercooler, the guy I talk to was really nice and I had my system back in two weeks. Also I have called to customer support other times (I dropped my hard drive, not a good idea) and while I didn't get an answer I liked, they were all very nice about it and very helpful. ( I hit a couple times on my leg and it worked and then I migrated everything over to the 120.)

So while your story does suck and I feel bad for you, there are some good experiences out there too.

Warrantee FTMFW.

Best $50 I've ever spent. Nothing but sunshine and roses here. I honestly couldn't be happier about the fact that three of my Xbox's have died on me. Better my Xbox's die and I spend the 15 minutes it takes to get a brand new controller and headset and latest system with HDMI than they not die in the first place and I get stuck with a launch unit (no matter how good the launch unit works).

Plus, on top of all that, since the 360 dropped $50 in price since I bought it, Best Buy took the difference and extended my warrantee another two years free of charge. So I'm good until 2009, and if I ever have a problem, it's just $3 of gas and a brand new console in papa's lap.

Ah, it's good to be smart and buy a warrantee on your brand new untested hardware... well, hard to call it "smart", per se... common sense more like it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Warrantee FTMFW.

Best $50 I've ever spent. Nothing but sunshine and roses here. I honestly couldn't be happier about the fact that three of my Xbox's have died on me. Better my Xbox's die and I spend the 15 minutes it takes to get a brand new controller and headset and latest system with HDMI than they not die in the first place and I get stuck with a launch unit (no matter how good the launch unit works).

Plus, on top of all that, since the 360 dropped $50 in price since I bought it, Best Buy took the difference and extended my warrantee another two years free of charge. So I'm good until 2009, and if I ever have a problem, it's just $3 of gas and a brand new console in papa's lap.

Ah, it's good to be smart and buy a warrantee on your brand new untested hardware... well, hard to call it "smart", per se... common sense more like it.[/quote]

Hehe, same here. On my 4th 360, but I got an additional 2 years of warranty and 2 free games. More than enough of a reimbursal. One of my wired controllers broke for no reason though.

I'm hoping that the RRS team gets me some good free stuff when they finally contact me. I dropped $50 on an extended warranty about 4 months ago too, and so far it really hasn't helped my situation. I keep getting back refurbished units that crap out on me.

I mainly wrote this article to emphasize the unjust disc replacement policy. I wasn't moving or touching my 360 consoles at all when any of the 3 games I had were scratched. The console did it on its own. Microsoft should therefore be responsible for reimbursing me for the damaged game. What's even worse is the fact that even if it is a first party game that gets scratched they still charge you $20 for a replacement.

[quote name='omnilink']I'm hoping that the RRS team gets me some good free stuff when they finally contact me. I dropped $50 on an extended warranty about 4 months ago too, and so far it really hasn't helped my situation. I keep getting back refurbished units that crap out on me.

I mainly wrote this article to emphasize the unjust disc replacement policy. I wasn't moving or touching my 360 consoles at all when any of the 3 games I had were scratched. The console did it on its own. Microsoft should therefore be responsible for reimbursing me for the damaged game. What's even worse is the fact that even if it is a first party game that gets scratched they still charge you $20 for a replacement.[/QUOTE]
well the reason is they can't tell the difference between your story and the story of the college stoner that thought it would be a good idea to pick up his 360 and shack it in the middle of a halo game because he died. It's microsoft they are good at one thing, making money, and they don't do that by giving out free games to every person that calls in with a "broken" game/system.

Again I totally believe your story and feel bad for the situation. I am just being devil advocate and showing what they are think when you call in.

bread's done
Back