My huge Circuit City deal

strikeratt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Alright this story is to good to not tell you guys.

I got to Circuit City at around 4 ... was about 100th in line and within minutes there had to be 400 more people behind us. I had made a small list throughout the week for stuff that would be really cheap after MIR's.

When they let us in I went right to video games to see if they had any Wii's ... unfortunately not but ooo well. I had then gone around the store to pick up the rest of my items. Here's what I got.

I/O Magic 250 GB Hard Drive $140 Org.
Creative Labs Creative WebCam Live $80 Org.
1 GB Scandisk Cruzer Mini Flash Drive $60 Org.
Samsung Camcorder Case $20 Org.
1 GB Scandisk SD Memory Card $60 Org.
Cobra 9 Band Laser / Radar Detector $60 Org.
Smart Media xD Picture Card Reader $15 Org.
3 Pack of JVC DVC's $20 Org.
Spy Sweeper $30 Org.

Total $485 Before MIR's

Here's the beauty of it all. All of these items had a sign up for them that gave the prices before rebates. Even though under those prices it said in smaller print after mail in rebates, they were still advertised for the prices after rebates so that's what you get them for around here.

Not only that though but since we bought the items you get the rebates for them as well. So on top of already only being charged the prices after rebates at the store, I can now send away for the rebates as well!! :applause:

To make a long story short, not only did I get 485$ worth of stuff for 77$ after tax ... I can now send away for about 300 - 400$ worth of rebates!!!!:D :D So basically I'd be paid 300$ to take the items out of the store!!

Let me also add that my dad and brother where there as well with the exact same orders for the most part and we have 3 different address's as well :)

The rebate companies don't care that you already received the after-rebate pricing? Somebody somewhere along the line ought to be ticked about that.

Be careful because sometimes if you look on the rebate form it says that the company may lower the amount they award you based on the purchase price. This happened to me with a seagate hard drive that i bought with a coupon one time :(.

[quote name='oddfella']Be careful because sometimes if you look on the rebate form it says that the company may lower the amount they award you based on the purchase price. This happened to me with a seagate hard drive that i bought with a coupon one time :(.[/QUOTE]

Indeed... if any of those rebates are Circuit City rebates and not manufacture rebates, then you might not get the full amount of the rebate back.

But even then, it's not like it really matters. Rebates suck ass anyway.

I believe most of the rebates are manufactures, I'll have to look and see if it says anything based on price though :) No matter if I get nothing anyways, I don't have to wait the 3 months to get my rebate money back.

bread's done
Back