My Metroid Project.......

oracrest

CAGiversary!
metroid1.jpg

Heres a side project of mine that i have been slowly working on for a few months. I just finished it this past weekend. It consists of about 175 Nintendo cartridges.

You could say I got bored one day.........

[quote name='evilmax17']You bastard! You ruined all of those carts![/quote]

consider them sacrifices.....

[quote name='doubledown']Ummm, what was the point? Couldn't you have done that W/O cartridges?[/quote]

No real "point" to the project. I always wanted to do something using old NES catridges, and that particular sprite was one of my favorites of all the nintendo sprite art, as well as being somewhat small, so it wouldnt get really intense with a lot of colors and pixels. I would like to assemble it somewhere, maybe when i get a larger apartment, with bigger walls :D I could have done it with cut out blocks of paper, but that would have been too easy. It was a fun "project", not so much something that I did because i was only interested in the end result, so I didn't mind it taking longer by doing it with carts.

and besides, whats a metroid that doesn't suck your life away a little bit? :wink: .........get it?

[quote name='blackjaw']i hope they were all mario/duck hunt extras and no gems :([/quote]

yeah, pretty much

[quote name='rabbitt']Awesome. I've seen pictures of fire Mario made out of NES carts also. Well done.[/quote]

I heard about this also, but have never actually seen it, do you have a link to it? did you see it online?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I forgot that Mario cartridges are like 29 cents. In that case I gotta say you made a good investment. :D[/quote]

these ended up costing me about 50 cents each, but the guy i bought them from picked up the shipping, which was nice of him :) Where do you get them for 29 cents? even at gamestop and stuff, they seem to be 99 - 1.99 at the cheapest.

[quote name='oracrest'][quote name='BustaUppa']I forgot that Mario cartridges are like 29 cents. In that case I gotta say you made a good investment. :D[/quote]

these ended up costing me about 50 cents each, but the guy i bought them from picked up the shipping, which was nice of him :) Where do you get them for 29 cents? even at gamestop and stuff, they seem to be 99 - 1.99 at the cheapest.[/quote] GameStops around here have them at $0.29... at least they did the last time I checked (couple months ago). Still sounds like you got a good deal though.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='oracrest'][quote name='BustaUppa']I forgot that Mario cartridges are like 29 cents. In that case I gotta say you made a good investment. :D[/quote]

these ended up costing me about 50 cents each, but the guy i bought them from picked up the shipping, which was nice of him :) Where do you get them for 29 cents? even at gamestop and stuff, they seem to be 99 - 1.99 at the cheapest.[/quote] GameStops around here have them at $0.29... at least they did the last time I checked (couple months ago). Still sounds like you got a good deal though.[/quote]

yeah, the convenience of finding the quantity i needed in one place was nice also. I had no idea how long it was going to take me to amass the right number, especially if i had to get them one at a time from game stores

[quote name='mykevermin']I really hope that it's 175 carts of Acclaim titles.

myke.[/quote]

hahaha good one..
nice job btw
sell it on ebay for like $500..make $50 more if u say its haunted..make $50,000 more if u say a saint appears on it

[quote name='greydemise'][quote name='mykevermin']I really hope that it's 175 carts of Acclaim titles.

myke.[/quote]

hahaha good one..
nice job btw
sell it on ebay for like $500..make $50 more if u say its haunted..make $50,000 more if u say a saint appears on it[/quote]

Hey, if I say a saint appeared on it, I could keep the thing and just charge people to come look at it, and even more to touch it, hehe

[quote name='Ledhed']What are the dimensions on the cloth? Just how big is that thing? Very cool btw.[/quote]

It's about 120" X 114"

here are some more shots of it with some better size reference....

metroid2.jpg

metroid3.jpg

metroid4.jpg

[quote name='oracrest'][quote name='greydemise'][quote name='mykevermin']I really hope that it's 175 carts of Acclaim titles.

myke.[/quote]

hahaha good one..
nice job btw
sell it on ebay for like $500..make $50 more if u say its haunted..make $50,000 more if u say a saint appears on it[/quote]

Hey, if I say a saint appeared on it, I could keep the thing and just charge people to come look at it, and even more to touch it, hehe[/quote]

now thats thinkin like a tru cag!
*just saw the pics* THAT IS AMAZING!! BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT!

You should just glue some of those connected pieces together so you if you ever wanted to reassemble it, it wouldn't take as long. Very cool, though, and I think it would look very stylish as a wall decoration when/if you get a big apartment.

So does anyone out there in the field of construction/Interior decoration have any ideas on a way (the simpler and easier the better) of attaching these all to a wall without attaching them to each other? :)

hey thanks everyone. Im glad you like it. I was expecting a lot more responses like "so you dont have any friends, right?" Heh. now onto my next project, oh what will it be.....? I know!......

Wow, well done oracrest. That is quite big. For your next project, you should make something with AOL disks or CD's. They are free so you can't lose :).

[quote name='ananag112']Wow, well done oracrest. That is quite big. For your next project, you should make something with AOL disks or CD's. They are free so you can't lose :).[/quote]

Heh, I could load a barrel full of AOL discs, set it on fire, and do a dance around it. how does that sound?

It's too bad gameboy games are so expensive, cause they would make a more space efficient project......

bread's done
Back