ninjaspeedrazor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
This local store by me was having a sale on NES games today, picked up-

Double Dragon II
Ghosts N Goblins
Bad Dudes

All for $9, not the greatest deal, but I'm happy, I used to play the hell out of these games when I was a kid.

Those first two games still hold up. Bad Dudes... not soo much. Although Bad Dudes does have the best story in a game ever. ;)

How much would the NES games normally be at this store if not on sale OP?

I see a fair number of people online talking about how flea markets or stores around them sell just about any NES game for about 5ish.

I don't think the NES games have sold very well around me over the last 5 or so years in the 3-6 dollar range as only 1 pawn shop still takes them in. They eBay some of the games and put the rest they don't think are worth eBaying out for $1.

They actually put about 30 games out on the floor about 2 weeks ago one of them being Bad Dudes :D I would have picked it up if I didn't already have it (I'm Bad!).

The pawn shops here don't carry anything older than PS1 and usually, any of the PS1 titles that may be 'rarer' are more money.

Hell, when I took the one Beatmania bundle into the one shop, the guy used Ebay as a water mark for what to give me. Shockingly, that day, the game was only doing $15-20 on Ebay, so he offered me $7. I later got $20 and $30 for 2 of them up the street at a small game shop.

Normally all NES games are $5, with all snes games being $5-$10 and so forth. The store really does have nice prices when they have good stuff, they don't check ebay. I've gotte some good scores there such as PS1 Lunar for $8 and I saw Marvel vs Capcom 2 once for $15 but I didn't have any money so I couldn't buy it.

Our pawn shops quite carrying nes games when Gamestop quite selling them online as they pawn shops had nothing to gauge against.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']"The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to save the President?"[/quote]

The NES market is, for the most part, dead. Just about everything of value is already in the hands of collectors. Everything else that's left out there is the junk you find at tag sales and thrift stores that people will charge and arm and a leg for.

I don't think he's collecting, just gathering some old school fun. On that front the NES is alive and well. You can find so many classics for cheap.

I actually do collect, but not rare games. I collect games that I loved playing growing up, I'm working towards the perfect collection for my own personal taste. Thanks to this store I've been able to obtain a lot of them relatively cheap such as all the castlevanias, river city ransom, metal gear and the lot. I just have such fond memories of playing NES with my cousins growing up I decided that I wanted all those games back, a sense of nostalgia I suppose.

bread's done
Back