My Nintendo 64 Ebay auction BID NOW 1 HOUR LEFT!

I am confused by ebay when I see bid histories like that. Why would the same person go from $80 to $150 when no one is bidding against him/her?

[quote name='Backlash']I am confused by ebay when I see bid histories like that. Why would the same person go from $80 to $150 when no one is bidding against him/her?[/quote]

It doesn't use all of your bid. Say they opened by bidding 150 and the item is 60 it will just use enough of that bid to beat 60. Than somone comes across later and bids 90 then the original will go high enough to beat 90. Im thinking the person that won really wanted the item and may have made a bid even higher than that. probably a parent who knows nothing but games but wanted to get their kid a lot of stuff from one space. I really can't see how this auction went over $120 EBAY can be weird at times like that guy who posted earlier with how much he got for his castlvania game

That is insanely high if you ask me.... I guess I got spoiled with my $20 Dreamcast system. Gee for $175 I could buy a GC with metroid and 3 more $15 games.

[quote name='Backlash']Right, but there were no bids from other people higher than his $80 bid. Or I just looked at it wrong.[/quote]

when someone bids against the high bidder and the dont beat his high bid it doesnt register the weaker bid it just raises the original bidders bid

congrats on the high bids.

I just picked up a dreamcast with 4 controllers, 5 VMUs, and 27 games for $55. Man I love Ebay sometimes.

yea one thing though. That bidder was someone at my school who saw the auction I think. Anyways it was A SCAM! I DID NOT GET THE MONEY! THAT SUCKS!

well, figuring the N64 is $15 + roughly $5*17 is $100 for the system and games, so $50 for everything else sounds like a lot.

[quote name='hero101']The person who won the auction isn't registered. He probably gonna scam you.[/quote]
no shit read the fucking thread

^^^
I second that. $150 for a used N64 and some games is not a fair trade, but again you can almost get away with anything on Ebay now.
A used N64 is $5 at ebgames with a coupon from one of the GMR magazines. Games, depending on which one, can go from $.50 to $10 each
No wonder the winning buyer didn't pay, it's just too good to be true.

bread's done
Back