My official apology to CAG, James and Manofpeace20

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I would say a phone number is personal information. You'd always risk prank phone calls or phoneharassment. Especially since it was established in the thread that a phone with a certain area code is not proof.[/quote]

You mean calling someone while using an Arnold Schwartzenegger soundboard is phone harrassment?

[quote name='PrinceNeil'] You didn't even wait for the MOD's to do their jobs and find out that the IP's were different. [/quote]

ipconfig -release
ipconfig -renew

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='RichD1']I'm not stupid enough to get scammed out of a deal, don't worry. And you know what? Noone in this situation got 'scammed.' And if I did, I'd go to one of the mods that knew what they were doing, not saying "thank god you're here, Brolly."

God damn it, someone scam someone. We need more drama, and I will create it if I must![/quote] Is that a threat? Quick jmon get him.[/quote]

I will not get him back, I think that it is best that a mod try not to get in these kind of scuffles, it is best for the credibility of the sight.

I admit I did not do the best job of handling with the ip addresses, but it is something I must learn and get better with being a mod. I have been imformed by CheapyD and others not to post ip addresses anymore, it was just something I needed to learn. I realize I should just take the criticism given to me by RichD1, and do whatever I can to be the best mod possible.

Also a personal apology to James, who I let his ip addresses get out, and to ManofWar, who I made the first comment about

[quote name='manofpeace20']Sorry, my bad. I think I'm going blind from being on the internet so much the last few days.[/quote]
Momma always told you you'd go blind if you kept it up. You shoulda listened to momma.

[quote name='jmon22']

Also a personal apology to James, who I let his ip addresses get out, and to ManofWar, who I made the first comment about[/quote]

You let everyone's IP addresses out, but I repeat;

ipconfig -release
ipconfig -renew

Damn! I quit watching this topic for a day and look what happens.

At least you got everything worked out MoP.

And where were all you guys with opinions when he needed help? Huh? This guy was racking his brain to find out what was going on and to get "James" to cooperate. He really needed the help then not now when you want to pick apart everything he and others did to solve it....

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='jmon22']

Also a personal apology to James, who I let his ip addresses get out, and to ManofWar, who I made the first comment about[/quote]

ipconfig -release
ipconfig -renew[/quote]

i wouldn't suggest doing this if you don't understand what richd1 is talking about :lol: :p

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='jmon22']

ipconfig -release
ipconfig -renew[/quote]

i wouldn't suggest doing this if you don't understand what richd1 is talking about :lol: :p[/quote]

Trust me, I won't be taking any advice from him :wink: .

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='jmon22']

ipconfig -release
ipconfig -renew[/quote]

i wouldn't suggest doing this if you don't understand what richd1 is talking about :lol: :p[/quote]

If someone doesn't know what it is, I'd be willing to bet jmon's pants that they don't know where to do it, either. :)

Unzips pants, I know it has something to do with erasing the ip address from my computer (I think) but I don't know where to do it, then again why would I even want to know where to do this.

Because you don't know about IP addresses like you said you did. :p

It's not advise for you, it's advice for anyone who's being a bitch and is mad that their IP was shown.

MSDOS PROMPT
ipconfig -release releases your IP so your PC has no IP anymore.

ipconfig -renew renews your IP, so your PC has a new IP with a new lease on it.

Ha I knew it

But I don't remember claiming I knew anything about ip addresses, only I knew I could find them and could be able to tell if the numbers were different from date to date. I never would've thought that there would be 18 different numbers when I looked. If I ever claimed any more than that, then I guess I deserve what is being said.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']

dhcp :p[/quote]

dhpc scares me. :(
I always fuck up my settings and spend a good few hours reparing the dhpc settings because I really don't know much about networking.

bread's done
Back