My OTT is on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Moxio']Is a refurb $200 Dyson worth it? I'm in the market for a new vacuum.[/QUOTE]
As far as vacuums go, I hear Dysons are the hotness. And since they normally go for $600, go for it.

--

So is there no way to skip cut scenes in P3?

[quote name='zewone']I'm not sure, Liquid. It's been awhile since I've played P3.[/QUOTE]

Dang. The cut scenes are fine, they're even pretty good, but this is the third time through, and I don't know if you remember the second full moon, but it's basically cut scene after cut scene after cut scene. :|

Oh yeah, and if you like "kick me in the nuts" RPGs, Liquid, you'll love The Answer portion of P3.

And SMT: Nocturne.

fuck ME.

I'm done with this for tonight.

[quote name='zewone']Oh yeah, and if you like "kick me in the nuts" RPGs, Liquid, you'll love The Answer portion of P3.

And SMT: Nocturne.[/QUOTE]

Definitely gonna play The Answer after I finish The Journey.

What's the SMT series' connection to the Persona games? I saw on the box of the LE that it said SMT: Persona 3 FES.

Shin Megami Tensei is the series, Persona being a side series.

They share the same characters/enemies. Many of the persona in Persona 3 and 4, are playable characters and enemies in Nocturne and other SMT games like Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner.

Also, they share the same spells, ala Final Fantasy series.

I see.

I might just take the the double back with me to the dorms, since I've beaten all the 360 games that I was interested in for a while.

Zewone: I just got around to playing Naruto: BB, and I have to say it's a lot more serious than the first game, which actually is too bad. I'm glad they threw in new playable characters, but the game just isn't as lively and fun as the first game.

Enjoy P3, Liquid. When you're done make sure you play P4: it's a bit better.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']The mother-in-law was being fucking dramatic about and having psuedo-anxiety attacks and blaming anyone but herself about what was going on. My blood was fucking boiling when I tried to calm her down, and she wouldn't calm the fuck down. I was loading a bag of wine into my trunk and then the handle broke off, sending my fist right to my chin. That tipped me over to punch something and my car was the only thing in sight.[/QUOTE]
That shit happens to me all the time. (Everything after the in-law part -- wait... you're married?)

[quote name='Moxio']Zewone: I just got around to playing Naruto: BB, and I have to say it's a lot more serious than the first game, which actually is too bad. I'm glad they threw in new playable characters, but the game just isn't as lively and fun as the first game.

Enjoy P3, Liquid. When you're done make sure you play P4: it's a bit better.[/quote]Well yeah, the entire tone of that arc in BB is mega-serious.

Thank goodness for still being spoiled after all these years. The parents are getting me a PSTriple.

:wave: Morning.

This is my first time working the day after Christmas, :(
But I'll be on the phones today (lol sigh) so I really won't be working.

My throat hurts a little, :(

Oh oh also. How do I add people to PSN? Can I do some clickin' on stuff like on people's names like how we'd do for XBL? :whistle2:s Or do I really have to log in and manually add people like a friend code? :(

Well the Wii doesn't really have some kind of network. The Shop channel is alright, it just sometimes take a bit long for things to load up. :(

Some good deals at Target next week ...

$39 Video Games:

Call Of Duty: World At War >>>> PS3 / 360 / Wii

Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip – Target Limited Edition >>>> PS3 / 360 / Wii

Midnight Club: Los Angeles >>>> PS3 / 360

Smackdown vs. RAW 2009 >>>> PS3 / 360 / Wii

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed >>>> PS3 / 360 / Wii

Animal Crossing: City Folk >>>> Wii

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe >>>> PS3 / 360

Saints Row 2 >>>> PS3 / 360

Fallout 3 >>>> PS3 / 360

Motor Storm: Pacific Rift >>>>> PS3

Tomb Raider: Underworld >>>>> PS3 / 360

MK vs DC is still too much at that price, and I have new PS3 to play it on :bouncy:

--

We are thinking about being ridiculous and getting an HDTV for the bedroom. We have a 27in SDTV now and it's fine.. but how much can a "less than 30in" HDTV go for?

Might also put another Xbox in the bedroom since they are cheap now..and we have that 20gb HDD just sitting there.. AND..we could hook the new Xbox up with HDMI in the TV in the living room :whistle2:k

lilboo ... you might want to check out Endwar for PS3 at Best Buy next week. Its going to be $39.99 and Im fairly certain it comes bundled with the official Playstation 3 bluetooth headset (which comes with a base charger). That's a pretty good deal considering the headset sold on its own is $49.99.

$50 for a headset?! :shock:

I'll have to check out what that game is and see.
What about the PSN? What are some "ZOMG, MUST HAZ" games that aren't on XBLA (because I probably have them on XBLA :lol:) I picked up MK II and Lumines. What else? :whistle2:k

What are these PixelJunk games about? There's Eden & Monster..and I'm not sure I follow what they are about.

You need to get Pixel Junk Eden. I can't really describe the game play. It's certainly unique though. And the aesthetics are not like anything you've seen in a video game before. Also the music is pretty cool/chill.

People say Super Stardust HD (kinda like Geometry Wars) and flOw are good as well. And I think Pixel Junk Monsters is a re-skinned Desktop Tower Defense.

I'm trying to find one of them people who won all of them World Of Goos, Braids, Pixel Junks..and trying to get a code for $4.

My 80gb will not play ANY PSone/2 games, mirite? What's with the "internal PSone/2" thing? When I downloaded Suikden and it told me to create some kind of internal PSone memory? :whistle2:s (I did, btw)

Oh and is there a way to see how much space is left on your HDD? I like how the 360 shows you how much you have left and you can just delete what you want from that section.

No, I don't think the 80gb has backwards compatibility. And what you're talking about is the PS3 creating an internal "memory card". It does that for old school games. And I'm sure there must be a way to see how much space is left ... I personally don't know how to do it.

Do you have a Dualshock 3 controller?

I have 2 Dualshock controllers :cool:

I had NO idea that the controllers where charged via USB. That was nice! Though, the default cords are too short..but that's ok.

Why on earth would someone buy one of them PS3 Controller charger things? :whistle2:s.. unless it's for a non DS3?

--

Why would the PS3 create an internal memory card for old school games when you can only download PSone games (and not even that many are available) and can't play PS2 games? It seems... useless.

Morning OTT.

Looks like the baby may have to stay another day in the hospital (my fiance gets released this afternoon). He wasn't eating well, and turned yellow last night. Luckily, I knew exactly what it was (jaundis) because it happened to me when I was born as well. They're waiting for blood work to come back on him, and if it is, they just have to "bake" him under high intensity lights for about a day. We'll see.

I still have no idea what I got for Xmas except for what my parents and bro gave me when I stopped at their house yesterday to pick up things. Got a check to put towards a computer, NHL 09, Iron Man, House season 4, and some clothes/things for the apartment. My bro also got me tickets to a Celtics game in 2 weeks to go with him, and a set of 3 tickets for my bro, my dad and I to go to a Cetlics game in April. Pretty cool.

[quote name='lilboo']I have 2 Dualshock controllers :cool:

I had NO idea that the controllers where charged via USB. That was nice! Though, the default cords are too short..but that's ok.

Why on earth would someone buy one of them PS3 Controller charger things? :whistle2:s.. unless it's for a non DS3?

--

Why would the PS3 create an internal memory card for old school games when you can only download PSone games (and not even that many are available) and can't play PS2 games? It seems... useless.[/quote]

Yeah that usb thing is nice. I charge my ps3 controllers through my pc. And maybe the internal memory thing is just a remnant from the days it did have backwards compatibility. When the system launched, both the 20gb and 60gb model had it.

[quote name='lordwow']Morning OTT.

Looks like the baby may have to stay another day in the hospital (my fiance gets released this afternoon). He wasn't eating well, and turned yellow last night. Luckily, I knew exactly what it was (jaundis) because it happened to me when I was born as well. They're waiting for blood work to come back on him, and if it is, they just have to "bake" him under high intensity lights for about a day. We'll see.

I still have no idea what I got for Xmas except for what my parents and bro gave me when I stopped at their house yesterday to pick up things. Got a check to put towards a computer, NHL 09, Iron Man, House season 4, and some clothes/things for the apartment. My bro also got me tickets to a Celtics game in 2 weeks to go with him, and a set of 3 tickets for my bro, my dad and I to go to a Cetlics game in April. Pretty cool.[/quote]

Oh shit .. I thought you just found out yesterday that your gf was pregnant. I didn't know she was actually in labor. :dunce:

No time for games for you for awhile. :lol:

:lol: Whoops... ya I post the story a bit back, but I knew she was pregnant obviously, but we hadn't really told many people other than the people we work with (we work at the same place) and a few close friends because she'd been to the hospital A LOT in the last 2 months with problems and they couldn't figure out what it was.

He came about a month and a half early, we went to the hospital for the same problem as usual right after work on Tuesday (usually they did a few tests, ultrasound and sent us home like "I dunno! lolz") same thing they discharge her, as she's getting dressed her water breaks. We think the doctor did it accidentally during an exam (because she had an exam, ultrasound (which was fine) then the attending insisted on giving the exam again) but nothing you can do about it.

Then she wasn't in labor, because he was so early, so they had to induce it starting around 4 AM on Christmas Eve, and he was born about 12 hours later, at 4:43.

He's tiny (5 lb, 14 ounces), he was just above the weight/age he would go to the NICU for, but he's having a hard time eating. Originally they thought it was cause he was premature, but now they think it's jaundis.

Apparently, my dad used to do that with me, but with celebrity impersonations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back