My "Parasite Eve 2 Game + Strategy Guide for < $15" grab

saigumi

CAGiversary!
Last night, I was flicking through EBGame's PS1 pile for something interesting and saw Parasite Eve 2 for $24. I decided to see what Gamestop had it for and found one in their stack for $13. To make it better, the case/manual is in great shape. To make it even better. the disks are in immaculate condition.

A little later, I went over to TRU and found they had a ton of the PE2 strategy guides. After the 50% off on green tag items and tax, I got one for $1.11.

Woot!

Not a problem. They have a big stack of them (20+). Most aren't in mint condition and have bends, nicks, and frayed linings. I was able to find more than a few in good condition. I'll just buy the stack today when I go back in case anyone else wants one.

rockhero, I'll pm you when I get them.

[quote name='saigumi']Not a problem. They have a big stack of them (20+). Most aren't in mint condition and have bends, nicks, and frayed linings. I was able to find more than a few in good condition. I'll just buy the stack today when I go back in case anyone else wants one.

rockhero, I'll pm you when I get them.[/quote]

hey bro any chance of picking me up a guide?

[quote name='saigumi']Not a problem. They have a big stack of them (20+). Most aren't in mint condition and have bends, nicks, and frayed linings. I was able to find more than a few in good condition. I'll just buy the stack today when I go back in case anyone else wants one.

rockhero, I'll pm you when I get them.[/quote]

Cool, thanks man I really appreciate it.

Alright, I got 26 of them. If you want one, you pay cost + shipping.

Cost - $1.11
Shipping (Media Mail) - $1.72
Total -$2.83

If you want more than one, I can fit 3 of them in one mailing envelope. Two for $3.94. Three for $5.05.

I prefer Paypal (including CC payments). Heatware: jgoewert. PM me here or email at saigumiATsaigumiDOTnet if you want some. I'm sending PM's to everyone who has replied so far to let them know.

Most of the books are in decent condition with scrapes around the bindings and edges. A few have small bends in the covers. At this location, http://www.saigumi.net/images/pe2-strategy.jpg, is a picture of one of the worst scratches.
I will send out the ones in best condition first. If you don't mind one with some scrapes, let me know.

62T reminded me to check the media mail shipping price.

So shipping is only $1.72 instead of $3.85

Down to 7 left.

The ones left are the ones that have the scratches. They aren't bad or mangled. One looks like someone put a piece of paper over it and played tic-tac-toe and it left x's and o's indentations. When you hold it against the light you can see them. On another, the bind is a little more worn than the rest.

The one with the scratch in the first image is the worst, and that's the only scratch it has. I'm keeping it and put the one I bought initially into the stack of the 7 remaining.

I'll recheck TRU tomorrow to see if they restocked the shelves.

Now truly saigumi is a hero. Sacrificing his own for CAGs.
Just wanted to say thanks again, and bumpity bump.

I mailed all of them except the 7 unbought ones just now during lunch. I didn't realize these dang things were so heavy. Each book was exactly one pound. The receipt says "6 days" for each of them.

Let me know when they get there and leave some heat - .http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=30035.

I'll go by TRU again after work to see if they restocked.

[quote name='gerbly']Now truly saigumi is a hero. Sacrificing his own for CAGs.
Just wanted to say thanks again, and bumpity bump.[/quote]

I just want one for when I play through the game again.

That, and I'm not one of those hoarding-make the ebay $$$ FW type people.

[quote name='saigumi'][quote name='gerbly']Now truly saigumi is a hero. Sacrificing his own for CAGs.
Just wanted to say thanks again, and bumpity bump.[/quote]

I just want one for when I play through the game again.

That, and I'm not one of those hoarding-make the ebay $$$ FW type people.[/quote]

umm I still dident get mine its been over 2 weeks, any chance you forgot to send mine? because I noticed in the pic, it had paypal slips with peoples addy and I never got an email from paypal about you shipping yet, ummm get back to me pleas thanks again

I responded to the pm.

Also, I'm never going to do this again. The USPS has destroyed over half the one's I've sent and now one package is AWOL. I know I sent media mail and it was cheap, but some of the one's that arrived were opened after shipping. What the heck?

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.dailytrojan.com/news/2005/02/03/News/Media.Mail.Searches.Raise.Privacy.Concerns-850782.shtml

To prevent customers from taking advantage of cheaper mailing rates by sending banned items through its Media Mail service, the U.S. Postal Service is now inspecting packages that are suspicious as well as others at random, raising privacy concerns among some customers.
[/quote]

Zoiks, is that somewhat illegal?

but thanks for the heads up scortch :)

[quote name='USPS Website']Media Mail®
Small and large packages, thick envelopes, and tubes can be sent using Media Mail. Contents are limited to books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Sometimes called "Book Rate," Media Mail cannot contain advertising. Media Mail is less expensive than Parcel Post.[/quote]

a strategy guide is a book and a video game is computer media.

i understand some people send things that actully dont qualify, but by their own definition, games and guides should be fine. (unless its a cart game)

I like to point out that I got the guide very quickly and mine was not open and there were no damage to the guide.

bread's done
Back