My pawn haul over the past couple months...

Acrylic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay, I've posted some of the things I got from pawn shops in here, but now I figure that I'd post all the good deals I got from my local pawn shop over the past couple months. (2 of the games though are from 2 different friends, that I'll mention later)

First of all, picture:

AUT_1439.jpg

Next, prices (in order):

FF Tactics : $7.50
Legend of Dragoon : $3
Metal Gear Solid : $5
Parasite Eve : $15
Animal Crossing (w/ memory card): $5
Metroid Prime (w/ bonus echoes disc) : $7
Sega GT/JSRF : $2.50
Zelda OOT/Master Quest : $3
ZoE : $7
ZoE 2 : $20
Disgaea : $10
Castlevania:LoI : $10
Star Ocean:TtEoT : $10 (and a pack of gum)

Total : $105 (I think that's right at least...:p)

Now, the games I got from friends were Parasite Eve, and Star Ocean. I went to a friend that lives quite a ways away's house, and he had some games that he was planning to sell. And he was selling Parasite Eve, so I thought I'd buy it. It was in comletely mint condition, not one single scratch on the case even.
As for Star Ocean, I was sitting in Study Hall one day, and a kid that sits behind me said he had a Star Ocean that he wanted to sell. he told me to name a price, and I said, "Hmm, how about $10 and a pack of gum?" I was kind of joking as I though that no one would sell it for that much. But uhm, well, he did. And he gave me the shiny box that it comes in. Mint condition too. Still smelled new even.

The only games that kind of bother me in this collection is first and foremost, the Zelda OOT/Master Quest game. It came with no box or anything, just the disc, that was also a bit scratched. Sega GT/JSRF was also a tiny bit scratched but worked well. And the ZoE case is really not in the greatest condition.

But well, over all, I'm really happy about the deals I've gotten there so far, because I know if I were to buy all these total at normal used price, I'd probably be spending 3 times more. (Someone care to do the math? ;))

Well, thanks for looking and stuff. Comment if ya want. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a couple games I got were mint like they were never played before. Games such as Legend of Dragoon, Metroid Prime, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

[quote name='kill3r7']You can pick up a Parasite Eve at GS complete for $8.[/QUOTE]

Way to threadcrap. Let's continue - Zone of the Enders 2 can be found complete at Gamestop for $17.99.

But seriously, great haul. That $10 Disgaea is mighty tasty. Great finds, overall, op! :)

Legend of dragon for $3 bucks, my brother just picked up one at EBgames for $7.99. I should tell him to hit up some pawn shops.

[quote name='DT778']Legend of dragon for $3 bucks, my brother just picked up one at EBgames for $7.99. I should tell him to hit up some pawn shops.[/QUOTE]

I saw it at another pawn shop in the area for $6 (non-GH), and I decided not to get it, even though the non-Gh's discs are cooler looking.

[quote name='kill3r7']Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't a great haul. I just wasn't sure of its rarity.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't really find a nice copy of it around here. The copy I got was just as if the wrapper was taken off.

[quote name='help1']You pwn'd the pawn shop.[/QUOTE]

True that! :D

Well, I was bored, so I figured out how much this haul was worth. (By using their internet sites)

Gamestop : $215

EB Games : $206

Some of the games didn't show up on the EB site, so I just took the prices from the Gamestop site and put them there.

So, I basically saved my self $110 on games.

Go me! :)

I bought Star Ocean 3 for $10 a month after it was released with the strategy guide at a pawn shop. The deals you got were pretty good though, as it is Star Ocean is getting a little hard to find, let alone for $10.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I bought Star Ocean 3 for $10 a month after it was released with the strategy guide at a pawn shop. The deals you got were pretty good though, as it is Star Ocean is getting a little hard to find, let alone for $10.[/QUOTE]

Harder to find? I think it's become easier to find...but I think it's just come out of obscurity a bit since it's $19.99...and more people are interested in it.

[quote name='Zon27']Harder to find? I think it's become easier to find...but I think it's just come out of obscurity a bit since it's $19.99...and more people are interested in it.[/QUOTE]

That's why all games should start out at $20.

The end with obscure games!!! ... or something.

[quote name='gizmogc']Now the greatest, but decent.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think $10 for a near mint Disgaea will be the greatest deal I ever get.

Picked up a Sega Saturn today with 7 or so games and an extra controller for $5 (!) Only catch is it didn't have a cable to hook it to a TV, but I picked up a Saturn RF switch later for $3 at another house. My mouth nearly dropped open when the guy said he only wanted $5 for the thing. :)

At that same house (with the RF switch) there was a Saturn in a mint looking box for $30. I passed on that, but I probably should have grabbed it as finding old systems like this in nice condition boxes is near impossible. Oh well.

Also passed on a boxed Dreamcast with 10 or so games for $40. Offered $20, the lady's kid told the mom to lower the price to $30, but she wouldn't budge, so I passed on that too. Said if it didn't sell she'd be taking it to a game store to sell. (Good luck getting any decent cash for a DC and games from GS or EB lady... I probably should have given her my e-mail or number to call if/when she found out the game store wouldn't be taking it for much at all - if at all.)

And finally I picked up 8 NES games for a quarter each including a few desirables (TMNT III, Mega Man 6, Kirby's Adventure, Urban Champion)

bread's done
Back