My PC doesn't detect the iPod mini...

SEGA128DC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hmm, I just plugged in an iPod mini to my PC for the very first time, but iDump or Pod Player 1 programs that I have installed don't detect the iPod? It's not a new iPod, so I don't have any of the drivers I need to install. Where can I get these drivers?...:whistle2:k

You have to use iTunes to access an iPod. I'm not sure if any other app will recognize it but you can only put songs into your iPod via iTunes (as far as I know).

[quote name='Vinny']You have to use iTunes to access an iPod. I'm not sure if any other app will recognize it but you can only put songs into your iPod via iTunes (as far as I know).[/quote]

Actually pretty much all programs support the iPod, every popular one that is. I know Windows Media Player does as well as Realplayer. There are many more out there as well but names elude me.

Anyway, Apple and iTunes are your best bets. Try using iTunes first and if that causes issue then contact Apple, they should be able to help you.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Make sure you are using usb 2.0 ports. Had to buy a card for my pc just to enjoy my free ipod.[/quote]

I have four USB ports on my PC, two in the front and two on the back. I first tried one port on the front and nothing happened, except for the iPod automatically charging. So the next morning, I decided to try the other port on the front and my PC finally did detect the iPod mini! Now, I know that I have at least one USB 2.0 port, I didn't try the other ports on the back yet...:D

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I have four USB ports on my PC, two in the front and two on the back. I first tried one port on the front and nothing happened, except for the iPod automatically charging. So the next morning, I decided to try the other port on the front and my PC finally did detect the iPod mini! Now, I know that I have at least one USB 2.0 port, I didn't try the other ports on the back yet...:D[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Ya, it sucked when I could not use mine. Glad Walmart was clearancing out some usb cards at that time though. :)

bread's done
Back