my ps2 wont play blue discs! what should i do?

[quote name='Free Artest']Call up sony and tell them to fix it (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic, they'll do it for free)[/quote]

Yep, do what he said if it is Disc Read Errors. Make sure to ask for a replacement.

lots of people have this problem, its a problem with the lazer and sony fixes it for free, all you have to do is pay for shipping. That is of course assuming you've never opened it up or modded it.

Back before I got a new pstwo, my old ps2 gave me the blue disc problem. I found that if I put a couple of pieces of tape on the label-side of the disc, my ps2 would then read the blue-bottom discs.
(I guess it made the discs heavier)

[quote name='zionoverfire']lots of people have this problem, its a problem with the lazer and sony fixes it for free, all you have to do is pay for shipping. That is of course assuming you've never opened it up or modded it.[/quote]

They'll still fix it for free even if it's been opened. I don't know about modded though.

Call their 1800 number. Butter them up. Be nice, because you want them to help you out. They fixed my PS2, twice. I've had my PS2 since its launch. I told them that I have a lot of Sony products because they are a great brand and they stand behind their products.

[quote name='serro821']Call their 1800 number. Butter them up. Be nice, because you want them to help you out. They fixed my PS2, twice. I've had my PS2 since its launch. I told them that I have a lot of Sony products because they are a great brand and they stand behind their products.[/quote]

Like the PS2 HDD?

[quote name='cyberlian']Back before I got a new pstwo, my old ps2 gave me the blue disc problem. I found that if I put a couple of pieces of tape on the label-side of the disc, my ps2 would then read the blue-bottom discs.
(I guess it made the discs heavier)[/quote]

Tape on the label side of a game disc?

You just made me cringe so hard that I peed myself a little.

[quote name='dratsacras'][quote name='cyberlian']Back before I got a new pstwo, my old ps2 gave me the blue disc problem. I found that if I put a couple of pieces of tape on the label-side of the disc, my ps2 would then read the blue-bottom discs.
(I guess it made the discs heavier)[/quote]

Tape on the label side of a game disc?

You just made me cringe so hard that I peed myself a little.[/quote]

Yeah, I've done that before for some of my blue disc games that seemed to not be spinning, and the tape helps it spin like they normally should.

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='zionoverfire']lots of people have this problem, its a problem with the lazer and sony fixes it for free, all you have to do is pay for shipping. That is of course assuming you've never opened it up or modded it.[/quote]

They'll still fix it for free even if it's been opened. I don't know about modded though.[/quote]

There is a waranty sticker and some people who broke that sticker said that they could not get Sony to fix it for free.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='serro821']Call their 1800 number. Butter them up. Be nice, because you want them to help you out. They fixed my PS2, twice. I've had my PS2 since its launch. I told them that I have a lot of Sony products because they are a great brand and they stand behind their products.[/quote]

Like the PS2 HDD?[/quote]

OWCH! :x

[quote name='woltrigun']does turning your ps2 upside down work?[/quote]

mine would work only if i turned it on it's side then powered it off with the disc out and then turned it on and let the game go in and be read.

I finally opened it up and adjusted my laser noe wit works fine.

Best PS2 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='serro821'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='serro821']Call their 1800 number. Butter them up. Be nice, because you want them to help you out. They fixed my PS2, twice. I've had my PS2 since its launch. I told them that I have a lot of Sony products because they are a great brand and they stand behind their products.[/quote]

Like the PS2 HDD?[/quote]

OWCH! :x[/quote]

I like how people keep forgetting Sony didn't even WANT to release the HDD here. If it wasnt for square asking them to you;d only be able to play FFonline by PC. Plus they already stated they felt the market was as saturated as it was going to get with HDD owners which made it unessecary to continue making the older PS2 versions too ocamodate it if no one else was going to buy one.

I tip my PS2 vertically while the game is initially read, once the logo pops up i put it horizantally again.

The tape didnt work for me - this method is easier anyways.

Does any one have the new PS2 version? I know its thinner and it has a pop up lid (psOne). As well as a built in modem. How does it compare to the older models?

[quote name='serro821']Does any one have the new PS2 version? I know its thinner and it has a pop up lid (psOne). As well as a built in modem. How does it compare to the older models?[/quote]

It's thinner and it has a pop-up lid. As well as a built-in modem.

I jsut wanted to confirm something before calling SONY:

I bought my PS2 on the first day it came out...back on October 26, 2000. - so i'm defintely waaaay past both the Bestbuy warranty, and the 90day warranty.

So can I still can in the problem?
(if yes, then that would be AWESOME. I really miss playing tekken tag and havent played it for about a year.. :( )

bread's done
Back