My PS3 is flashing a red light at me. Help?

Autumn Star

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As it says in the question, my PS3 is flashing a red light at me. Now, in the manual it says it just means it's over heated, but how can that be when it's cold to the touch and I just got it today and have never turned it on today? By the way, I have the 60 GB model and rather not ship it to Sony. Thanks for any info in advance!

Check this link out.

It basically says take out the HD, turn it on. Turn it back off, put the hard drive back in, and fire it back up.

It has had some success, hopefully it will for you too.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']Check this link out.

It basically says take out the HD, turn it on. Turn it back off, put the hard drive back in, and fire it back up.

It has had some success, hopefully it will for you too.[/quote]
I tried it, but it didn't work.
Thanks for the help, though.

You tried turning it on without the HDD in it? Evidently it's due to the HDD not being seated properly, or just a bad drive altogether.

i had the same problem! had 2 get it serivced man! sorry! the good thinig is though youll get it back real fast! can you still play games?

[quote name='Autumn Star']As it says in the question, my PS3 is flashing a red light at me. Now, in the manual it says it just means it's over heated, but how can that be when it's cold to the touch and I just got it today and have never turned it on today? By the way, I have the 60 GB model and rather not ship it to Sony. Thanks for any info in advance![/quote]

If you just got it yesterday, why don't you return it to the store?

[quote name='TimPV3']You tried turning it on without the HDD in it? Evidently it's due to the HDD not being seated properly, or just a bad drive altogether.[/quote]
I did try to turn it on without the HDD, but it did the same exact thing - Three beeps with a flashing red light and no picture on the screen.
[quote name='xenoman80']i had the same problem! had 2 get it serivced man! sorry! the good thinig is though youll get it back real fast! can you still play games?[/quote]
No, I can't play any games since no picture comes up.

@Grave-
I got it today as a Christmas present. I'll be returning it tomorrow for another one, but I just really wanted the 60 GB one, but I guess I'll end up with the 80 GB model, unfortunately.

Why must Sony steal everything from Microsoft?

If you can't find a 60GB at the store you return it to, you should be able to get store credit and hunt down a 60GB at another store. Where was it purchased, and do they have an online method of checking store availability?

Where exactly did you buy it? My guess is something was already wrong with it, and they resold it. My walmart does that type of thing way to much. I had a similar problem except mine was a 360.

I got it from Gamestop. I was actually going to call around my area at other Gamestops and see if they had any 60GB versions.
Also, Jman, it's totally possible it was repackaged, I wouldn't put that past Gamestop at all.

[quote name='Autumn Star']@Grave-
I got it today as a Christmas present. I'll be returning it tomorrow for another one, but I just really wanted the 60 GB one, but I guess I'll end up with the 80 GB model, unfortunately.[/quote]

Oh, I see. Yeah, I totally understand, and I'd rather have the 60GB over the 80GB any day.

bread's done
Back