My PSP Final Impressions Spiderman 2UMD Batterylife PSP impressions UPDATE 2/7

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Bivensra'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Wet Ninja'][quote name='Bivensra']life is too short to play a game for that long unless u are trapped in your house during a blizard and there is no electricity.[/quote]

Anyone else see anything wrong with that sentence? :wink:[/quote]

You should see the other thread where he wants to compare muscles with someone who said they play 10-15 hours a week of video games. He's like an anti video games, video game player.[/quote]

noop. i've been an avid video game player since the 2600 (or colecovision, i forget which one came first) point is there are limits. a healthy body and mind are needed in this life. my 10 year old looooves games. he claims to have beat halo 2 in a little over a weekend. i tell hime that games are great but education and physical activity are important as well. i love games i just want people to be healthy and motivated. and regarding the blizzard comment yes i was talking about battery life.[/quote]

That may be but, think about what 10-15 hours per week translates into. Its about 1-2 hours a day. That's not really very much when you put it into perspective. Hell I'd bet you spend more time than that watching TV?[/quote]

good point. i'll leave it at this lets have fun and play games b/ be healthy as well. i was not kidding about the obesity issue. gastro surgeries are growing astronomically.

$250 for a handheld and $50 for handheld games is just a rip off to me. I don't care how sleek and nice the gadget looks. I love my DS and am not one to play a handheld for hours at a time, or even all that often. If the PSP was $150 and around $30 for games, I'd get it. At this price, it's a rip off.

I ain't mad at the cost of the PSP system, but $50 for a game is Luducris. I hope the catch a bullet on that one. Looks like I will get my games when they go on sale only.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Wet Ninja'][quote name='Bivensra']life is too short to play a game for that long unless u are trapped in your house during a blizard and there is no electricity.[/quote]

Anyone else see anything wrong with that sentence? :wink:[/quote]

I think he might be referring to playing the PSP for the full length of the battery straight through. Otherwise, I'd be inclined to join you in that little joke.[/quote]

Oh, that's right. I forgot we were talking portables. I was thinking wired systems. Nevermind...

Arent these prelim prices...i mean when the DS came out those games were listed at 49.99 on Eb games before Ninentdo released their prices...i dunno if the Jap prices are comparable since its two different economys.. That was my major gripe with the DS but it prices went down..its still about 2 months for its release..so i dont think the hoopla over pricing isnt a big deal...reserve one and if the final price isnt right than obvious you know what to do.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Arent these prelim prices...i mean when the DS came out those games were listed at 49.99 on Eb games before Ninentdo released their prices...i dunno if the Jap prices are comparable since its two different economys.. That was my major gripe with the DS but it prices went down..its still about 2 months for its release..so i dont think the hoopla over pricing isnt a big deal...reserve one and if the final price isnt right than obvious you know what to do.[/quote]

PSP Launch Details

[quote name='Nephets']Remember kids, if you play video games, you're fat and are a loser.[/quote]

Damn,

Guess i am a fat loser, since all i do is play video games, watch anime.

[quote name='Bivensra']life is too short to play a game for that long unless u are trapped in your house during a blizard and there is no electricity.[/quote]

Yeah, I play PC games to pass the time when there's no electricity.

[quote name='omster'][quote name='integralsmatic']Arent these prelim prices...i mean when the DS came out those games were listed at 49.99 on Eb games before Ninentdo released their prices...i dunno if the Jap prices are comparable since its two different economys.. That was my major gripe with the DS but it prices went down..its still about 2 months for its release..so i dont think the hoopla over pricing isnt a big deal...reserve one and if the final price isnt right than obvious you know what to do.[/quote]

PSP Launch Details[/quote]

[quote name='GameSpot']Also of note was SCEA's revelation that some PSP games would sell for as little as $39.99[/quote]

Sounds to me like PS2 pricing structure. Some games (1st party, mostly) will launch at $40, but there will be more expensive ones

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I would expect all EA PSP games to get the $50 price tag.[/quote]

I'd consider alot of the third party titles to carry the $50 actually.

okay, now some kid in school says he has played the psp and says that it can play ps2 games.. it can't tho right?

[quote name='help1']okay, nwo soem retard in school says he has played the psp and says that it can play ps2 games.. it can't tho right?[/quote]

Hell no, that's the dumbest thing ever said perhaps, if you see that kid again do the world a favor and just kill him outright so he can't breed.

[quote name='help1']okay, now some kid in school says he has played the psp and says that it can play ps2 games.. it can't tho right?[/quote]

Well, obviously not PS2 DVDs, but he might mean that it can play "PS2 games" in the sense that there's NBA Street, NFL Street, and other games already on the PS2.

Er, I guess. :?

Damn that thing is sexy. When it comes out I will be soooo tempted, but for $250 ($300 with a game) Sony can kiss my ass.

[quote name='whoknows']In your opinion OP do you think its worth the $250 price tag?[/quote]

same here... What's your opinion OP? and is Lumines worth it?

The initial shock i having a psp has worn off. I got my games, i've been playing them quite a bit, plus i hate I MEAN hate handheld games normally. I usually only enjoy quirky puzzle games i.e. It's Mr. Pants etc. I have to say that after the first week of having it, i'm having a hard time not wanting to go lay down or sit down somewhere comfy and play my PSP. Lumines, IMO, is the absolute stand out for my favorite game yet. Like i said in my review, at first it is ok, but once you get the hang of the puzzles and everything clicks i began to love it. Another fav as of yesterday and today has been Hot Shots Golf. I got a translation guide and now that i understand menu's i have to say that it might be growing on the #1 spot in my heart. Every single friend i have shown the psp to and ask them to play a hole on hot shots or play a level in dynasty warriors, has told me the same thing.
"Wow i really didn't think Sony could pull it off, but this thing is fucking amazing"

My best friend will, who is a nintendo junky aka Fanboy, played hot shots golf for 3 hours at my house yesterday. Final determination by him. He walked into Gamestop and flopped out $249 and reserved a psp and 3 games. He than told me on the ride home "Nick i never in a million years thought i would be that impressed by a handheld that isn't made by nintendo, but that fucking thing is amazing" It honestly is like holding a PS2 in your hands, its gorgeous, its sleek, the analog feels right (after a while), and downloading movies, music, and pictures is all worth it. Here how i'm breaking it down to friends and family and justifying high price tag on the system.

Portable DVD player
$149 (keep in mind thats a mintek 5 inch screen POS at BB)
Portable MP3 player
$79-99 for a 128 or 256 rio
PS2
$149
Screen for PS2 in car
$149 +
-------------------
Total
$550

PSP (which does UMD in dvd quality and video rips in 1500kps video quality)
$249
1 GiG Sandisk Memory stick duo pro (for videos)
$99 off ebay.com or websites
----------------------------
total
$349

I'm telling you this system is amazing and worth it. Its not being aimed at all CAGs. Its aimed at the people who want power in there hands, not some little red plumber with a hat running around grabbing stars, from a 15 year old game. Sony did this right. I think a client of mine explained it well. "DS feels gimmicky, like its just out because they didn't have anything out with the psp and they needed to keep a hold on the market or have something fresh out there"
"PSP feels like Sony took there time and did this right, and IMO they could give Nintendo a run for the money"

I don't want to turn this into a ds vs. psp fight. But i'm gonna tell you guys when you see the psp boot up a fully 3d game in ps2 style graphics and look at the screen on the brightest setting. You'll be sold, just like i was.

Cheers

How easy is it to put music on it? Do you know if that can be done with a Mac? Do you have to buy a special USB cable?

I'm very dissapointed with the DS, but damn I've become too much of a CAG to buy the PSP launch. Also, do you plan on using a screen protector of any kind, and how is the screen holding up? I might have to sell something to get this thing.

[quote name='simplygriff']How easy is it to put music on it? Do you know if that can be done with a Mac? Do you have to buy a special USB cable?[/quote]

very easy to put music on it, yes you do need the usb cable that DOES NOT come with the value pack. I think this thing is like $17 or so at radio shack.
however, there is no shuffle option on the PSP as of yet. I don't know if it can be done on the mac, but I would assume it can, since PCs just look at it as a new drive letter.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I'm very dissapointed with the DS, but damn I've become too much of a CAG to buy the PSP launch. Also, do you plan on using a screen protect of any kind, and how is the screen holding up?[/quote]

you'll definitely want a screen protector so you don't have to keep wiping off the screen every 2 minutes. (from accidentally touching the screen)

OP, where are you up to in puzzle mode in Lumines?

also, it's interesting that you like Lumines the best cuz it happens to be an *gulp* orignal *gulp* game instead of the other PS2 ports, hehe. but I agree that lumines is great. I also sold off all my other PSP games and is only left with Lumines and Kollon.

How was Spider-Man 2 movie on it? I looked for the post but couldnt find it did I miss it somewhere...? How does it sound with headphones?

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='simplygriff']How easy is it to put music on it? Do you know if that can be done with a Mac? Do you have to buy a special USB cable?[/quote]

very easy to put music on it, yes you do need the usb cable that DOES NOT come with the value pack. I think this thing is like $17 or so at radio shack.
however, there is no shuffle option on the PSP as of yet. I don't know if it can be done on the mac, but I would assume it can, since PCs just look at it as a new drive letter.[/quote]

It will probably work fine if it just shows up on a PC as a drive. That's what my thumbdrive does and it shows up just fine on the Mac & PC. What kind of cable is it exactly? I thought I read somewhere that it was a mini USB-B connector. Is that like a digi camera USB cord? If so I'll just use the one from one of my cameras. I wanna figure this out before the PSP arrives. Also, I'm assuming it won't play AAC files so I'm going to have to convert my stuff to MP3 in iTunes, correct.?.
-G

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How was Spider-Man 2 movie on it? I looked for the post but couldnt find it did I miss it somewhere...? How does it sound with headphones?[/quote]

Off topic but cool sig! :D

[quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='LinkinPrime']How was Spider-Man 2 movie on it? I looked for the post but couldnt find it did I miss it somewhere...? How does it sound with headphones?[/quote]

Off topic but cool sig! :D[/quote] :whistle2:s, how is it off topic, it says spider-man in the titles, I would assume that means he has watched the UMD version of the movie spider-man 2 on the PSP.

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='LinkinPrime']How was Spider-Man 2 movie on it? I looked for the post but couldnt find it did I miss it somewhere...? How does it sound with headphones?[/quote]

Off topic but cool sig! :D[/quote] :whistle2:s, how is it off topic, it says spider-man in the titles, I would assume that means he has watched the UMD version of the movie spider-man 2 on the PSP.[/quote]

He was saying that him saying "Cool sig" is off-topic.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='LinkinPrime']How was Spider-Man 2 movie on it? I looked for the post but couldnt find it did I miss it somewhere...? How does it sound with headphones?[/quote]

Off topic but cool sig! :D[/quote] :whistle2:s, how is it off topic, it says spider-man in the titles, I would assume that means he has watched the UMD version of the movie spider-man 2 on the PSP.[/quote]

He was saying that him saying "Cool sig" is off-topic.[/quote]
aha, I see, stupid me no well at co-moo-ne-kasion ](*,)

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='Maynard']WOW the video conversion is EASY and AWESOME! Guys PSP so far is just amazing, MP3 quality speaker quality amazing just keeps on getting better[/quote]

This message was brought to you by Sony Computer Entertainment of America. Live in your world, play in ours™.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Maynard']
Portable DVD player
$149 (keep in mind thats a mintek 5 inch screen POS at BB)
Portable MP3 player
$79-99 for a 128 or 256 rio
PS2
$149
Screen for PS2 in car
$149 +
-------------------
Total
$550

PSP (which does UMD in dvd quality and video rips in 1500kps video quality)
$249
1 GiG Sandisk Memory stick duo pro (for videos)
$99 off ebay.com or websites
----------------------------
total
$349

[/quote]

The flaw in this comparison is a PS2 out of the bunch has the ability to play over 800+ PS2 games, plus the 1000 PS1 games, PSP only has the ability to play the launch titles. Also, not everyone used the PS2 as a DVD player, nor does everyone plan on using it as a MP3 player.

[quote name='punqsux']you may or may not know this, but are games gunna actully be 50 bucks? thats the deciding factor for me[/quote]

Its been answered atleast 15 times. Prices will vary. Anywhere from $29.99 (which I suspect Lumines will be) upto $49.99. I expect EA to be the only one however who charges $49.99 due to the exclusive contract with some of there sports games.

[quote name='gizmogc'][quote name='punqsux']you may or may not know this, but are games gunna actully be 50 bucks? thats the deciding factor for me[/quote]

Its been answered atleast 15 times. Prices will vary. Anywhere from $29.99 (which I suspect Lumines will be) upto $49.99. I expect EA to be the only one however who charges $49.99 due to the exclusive contract with some of there sports games.[/quote]

I'd disagree, I think more than one publisher will charge $50, especially for highly anticipated titles. For instance, I'd be suprised if the new GTA or Metal Gear Acid debuted at $40, in fact I think even some slightly more rehashed titles like Spiderman 2 or THUG 2 Remix could very likely be $50 as well.

bread's done
Back