My Quest for a 360

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's called fair use, an oft-trampled consumer right. Get over yourself. :roll:[/quote]

Fair use isn't legal. Consumers have no rights, corporations and our government(s) like to keep it that way. :/ Kinda like region locking and DRM on music.

Fair use does exist. Precedents were established back in the VHS days. Its perfectly legal to backup items you own and play them back in any format you choose hence I can rip my CD's and play them on my mp3 player. Hell Windows Media Player SUPPORTS this very function.

They have tried to get that law changed multiple times and have failed every single time. For emulation as long as you own the system and game you are emulating it doesn't matter what platform you emulate it on.

The only possible thing wrong is the hacked firmware and there is no law against that. It's not illegal to mod systems like the xbox or psp because you own the system and Sony, Microsoft and everyone else has no say over what you do with personal property. The only thing they CAN do is make it so it voids your warranty and say its against their terms of service which doesn't make it illegal.

There are so many misconceptions about modding and emulating its not even funny.

Also Roymustang commiting copyright infrigement which is a civil crime and commiting return fraud which is a criminal crime is akin to comparing jaywalking to armed robbery. Even if emulation is legal the 2 aren't even close in seriousness.

MRJESUS925 - Return fraud is basically returning any item to a store where it didn't come from knowingly. It's a crime that really hurts the community and makes it harder for people who don't do it to return their items.

so far this thread has been an interesting 'quest': OP has encountered a few bosses, battles were fought, perhaps everyone here has gained XP and even leveled up! but alas, it looks like the elusive 360 has not yet been found... who will save the kingdom?

anyways, the best way to get a 360 is with a coupon, i picked up mine at kmart with a 20% coupon... either that or check the weekly ads, usually stores like BB or CC will have bundles, especially for the holiday season!

Do you have a GameStop or Wal-Mart and Gamerush nearby?

Buy 10 copies of BeoWolf for $20 each = $220.

Trade in to Gamerush for $35 apiece = $350

There you go. X-Box 360 Premium for only $220. Plus, you get an extra dollar in trade at GR for each PS3 version, or $5 in MovieBucks in the manual of each 360 version.

bread's done
Back